The Sapphire Princess is one of nine Grand Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, along with flagship the Grand Princess and seven other ships. This ship first sailed in May 2004 and was refurbished with many new upgrades in March 2018.
The Sapphire Princess offers discounted cruise ship vacations to destinations throughout Asia including Thailand, China, Vietnam, and Korea. Book a trip on the Strait of Malacca itinerary and travel round trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
With over 700 balconies, a variety of entertainment options from lively to rejuvenating, and incredible gourmet dining, you would be happy to stay on board for the whole cruise. But the fascinating ports of call in Southeast Asia are just as compelling with exotic sculptures, lush landscapes and interesting cultural sites.
Browse through the itineraries, cabin options and dining information below and start to plan an unforgettable trip through Asia on the lovely Sapphire Princess.
Awards for Sapphire Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
The Sapphire Princess cruise ship has 1,337 cabins and suites with space for up to 2,670 guests. All staterooms come with standard amenities including daily housekeeping service, nightly turn-down service, 100% Egyptian cotton linens and sample sizes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.
Size: 525-1,329 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 6 guests
Family Suites include two staterooms connected by a living area and sleep up to six guests. Both rooms have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a walk-in-closet with safe, bathroom with tub and shower, desk, two 42” televisions, a mini-bar and a refrigerator.
Size: 354 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Mini-Suites have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, two televisions, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, walk-in-closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, combination tub and shower in the bathroom, a separate seating area with sofa bed and chocolates on your pillow.
Size: 237 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Balcony Cabins have a 46 sq. ft. furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and more.
Size: 168-182 sq. ft
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Inside Cabins have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
* Images shown may not reflect the actual cabin you'll be booking.
Entertainment & Activities
Enjoy shopping for designer clothing and gifts at the duty-free boutiques, book a sightseeing tour for the next port of call at the Shore Excursions Desk or ask about the latest spa treatments at the Lotus Spa® and Fitness Center. Then, hang out with friends and practice your golf skills at the Lawn Court while your kids burn off some energy at the Chill Out splash pool or test their game skills at the video arcade.
Browse through the Shops of Princess for exotic souvenirs, then learn a new skill in one of our classes. Celebrate different cultures at the Festivals of the World. For more dazzling entertainment, head over to the Princess Theater and take in an original musical production worthy of Broadway. Top comedians and magicians will be performing here, too.
The lively nightclubs will be serving your favorite cocktails and enticing you to get on the dance floor with the latest hit songs. Just wander around the decks and you'll find something happening around every corner.
There are many fine dining options for passengers to choose from on the Sapphire Princess. Enjoy a traditional Italian meal at Sabatini’s, dine on New Zealand lamb chops with garlic & herb french fries and creamed spinach at the Crown Grill, or order a sweet treat at Chocolate Journeys.
- Main Dining Rooms (International, Pacific Moon, Santa Fe, Savoy, Vivaldi) - Breakfast, lunch and dinner with open seating from 7:30 to 9:30 am and noon to 1:30 p.m. on sea days and embarkation day. Dinner is available as either fixed seating or guests can choose the Dine My WaySM dining option.
- Chocolate Journeys - Decadent, hand-crafted treats exclusively for Princess’ Chocolate JourneysSM program.
- International Cafe - Ever-changing array of small bite meals, treats, and gourmet beverages.
- Alfredo's Pizzeria - classic Italian calzones stuffed with delicious Italian deli meats and cheeses or fresh made pizza.
- Horizon Court - Delightful array of worldwide cuisine, freshly baked breads and regional comfort foods, in a casual setting at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Trident Grill - Burgers flipping and hot dogs roasting, served with a variety of fixin’s and crisp fries.
- Sabatini’s Italian Restaurant - Classic Italian food including a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, main courses and desserts for $25 per person.
- Vines Wine Bar - Extensive collection of wines, like Opus One, Super Tuscans, fine sparkling wines and regional offerings for purchase.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining - Intimate breakfast or dinner for two. Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, while dinner is served from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Dinner includes a cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a four-course meal.
- Chef's Table Experience - Pre-dinner cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the galley for you and a limited number of fellow guests followed by a gourmet dinner.
- Sterling Steakhouse - Featuring premium aged beef and fresh seafood items.
Meet the Princess Fleet
Search for Cruises & Compare Deals!
Signup for Cruise Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more