The Island Princess is one of two Coral Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, joining sister ship the Coral Princess. This ship, completed in 2003 and refurbished in December 2017, is one of two cruise ships from Princess Cruises custom-built to sail through the Panama Canal.
The Island Princess offers cruises from the west coast to exciting Mediterranean and European destinations such as Portugal, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece, and France. Book a discount cruise to see the Panama Canal, or enjoy a special vacation along the Pacific Coast on your way to Alaska. The Island Princess sails from Vancouver up the Alaska coast during the summer months.
Find rates, cabin options and itineraries below and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Island Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Island Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Medium Ships
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Medium Ships
- 2011 - Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards - Best Overall Mid-Sized Ship
The Island Princess cruise ship has 987 cabins and suites with space for up to 2,200 guests. Room service is available 24 hours a day in all staterooms onboard the Island Princess.
Suite with Balcony
Size: 470 sq. ft
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Suites with Balcony have floor-to-ceiling sliders to the furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, bathroom with separate tub and shower, two TVs, refrigerator, and a spacious living room with sofa bed. Premium amenities include fresh flowers, canapes, and use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite.
Size: 280 to 302 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Mini-Suites have a separate seating area with a sofa bed, bathroom with tub and shower, twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, two TVs, refrigerator, safe, closet, and desk. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, plush linens, and turn-down service with chocolates.
Size: 210 to 234 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Balcony Cabins have floor-to-ceiling glass doors leading to the private balcony with patio furniture, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower, TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include evening bed turn-down and some chocolates on your pillow.
Size: 156 to 166 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Inside Cabins come with two twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, a closet, private bathroom with shower, and a sitting area with a desk. These rooms also have a TV, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and personal safe.
* Images shown may not reflect the actual cabin you'll be booking.
Entertainment & Activities
There are many fun things to do on board the Island Princess from Princess Cruises. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the adults-only Sanctuary® area, relax by one of the ship’s three pools or five whirlpool spas, or visit the Lotus Spa® and book an invigorating massage or other spa treatment.
Evening entertainment options are almost limitless on this cruise ship. Play a game of chance at the casino, take in a show at the Princess Theater or Universe Lounge, dance the night away at Explorers Lounge or enjoy a refreshing cocktail at the Churchill Lounge or the Wheelhouse Bar.
- Main Dining Rooms (Bordeaux and Provence) - Breakfast, lunch and dinner with open seating from 7:30 to 9:30 am and noon to 1:30 p.m. on sea days and embarkation day. Dinner is available as either fixed seating or guests can choose the Dine My WaySM dining option.
- Chocolate Journeys - Decadent, hand-crafted treats exclusively for Princess’ Chocolate JourneysSM program.
- Princess Pizzeria - Classic Italian calzones stuffed with delicious Italian deli meats and cheeses or fresh made pizza.
- Horizon Court - Delightful array of worldwide cuisine, freshly baked breads and regional comfort foods, in a casual setting at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- The Bar & Grill - Burgers flipping and hot dogs roasting, served with a variety of fixin’s and crisp fries.
- La Patisserie - Cappuccino, espresso and other coffee specialties, as well as fresh pastries throughout the day.
- Sabatini’s Italian Restaurant - Classic Italian food including a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, main courses and desserts for $25 per person.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining - Intimate breakfast or dinner for two. Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, while dinner is served from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Dinner includes a cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a four-course meal.
- Chef's Table Experience - Pre-dinner cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the galley for you and a limited number of fellow guests and gourmet dinner.
- Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse - Fresh and authentic Cajun and Creole cuisine, N’Awlins crawfish “mud bug” bisque, peel-and-eat shrimp, chicken and chorizo jambalaya, Porterhouse steak, crawfish and a host of fun drink selections.
Meet the Princess Fleet
Search for Cruises & Compare Deals!
Signup for Cruise Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more