The Royal Princess is the flagship Royal Class cruise ship from Princess Cruises, later joined by sister ship the Regal Princess. Completed in 2013 and refurbished in 2018, this ship travels to exciting destinations such as the Caribbean, British Isles, Western Europe, Canada and New England.
The award-winning design of the piazza-style Atrium makes a dramatic impression when you board this ship. For a dare-devil look at the ocean below, guests can head to the glass-floored SeaWalk®, or delight in the WaterColor Fantasy, a light and music show that's shown by the top deck pools after dark. Adults can relax at The Sanctuary, a tranquil haven with no kids allowed, or indulge in world-class spa treatments at the full service, award-winning spa.
The Royal Princess cruises to the Bahamas, Barbados and the U.S. Virgin Islands during the winter before crossing the Atlantic in April to offer European cruises in the spring and summer. Find rates, itineraries, cabin options and dining details below and start planning an unforgettable cruise ship vacation aboard the Royal Princess.
Awards for Royal Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Travel Weekly Magellan Gold Awards - Best Large Cruise Ship Design
- 2013 - Travel Weekly Magellan Gold Awards - Best Large Cruise Ship Spa Design
- 2013 - Travel Weekly Magellan Gold Awards - Best Large Cruise Ship Atrium Design
- 2013 - USA Today - 10 Most Gee-Whiz Features at Sea - The SeaWalk®
- 2013 - Cruise Critic - Most Popular Ships at Sea
The Royal Princess cruise ship has 1,780 cabins and suites with space for up to 3,560 guests. Room service is available 24-hours a day in all staterooms.
Suite with Balcony
Size: 440 to 682 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Suites with Balcony offer all the amenities of a mini-suite, plus two 42" flat screen televisions, separate bathtub and shower, marble floors and counter-tops, access to the Concierge Lounge, a sound station iPod dock, web access in the Internet Cafe and more.
Size: 299 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Mini-Suites include all the same amenities of a balcony stateroom plus a welcome glass of champagne, separate seating area, sofa bed, two flat screen televisions, marble top furniture, a spacious closet and bathroom tub.
Size: 222 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Balcony Cabins have a balcony with patio furniture, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, refrigerator, television, closet, desk and bathroom with shower.
Size: 166 to 175 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 2 guests
Inside Cabins have two twin beds that convert to a queen-sized bed, refrigerator, TV, closet and bathroom with shower.
* Images shown may not reflect the actual cabin you'll be booking.
Entertainment & Activities
Are you traveling with the entire family? There are many exciting and kid-friendly options for children of all ages to enjoy on the Royal Princess. The youth and teen center is fully equipped with the latest video games, big screen TV, arts and crafts, a DJ booth and more.
Relax in one of the private VIP cabanas at the adults-only Sanctuary. Book an invigorating massage or special spa treatment at Lotus Spa®, voted one of the Best Cruise Ship Spas by USA Today. If you’re looking for something a bit more active, take a spinning or Pilates class in the aerobics studio, run a few laps around the outdoor jogging track or play a game of basketball, volleyball or tennis.
There are many great dining options to enjoy on the Royal Princess. Feast on fresh sushi at the Ocean Terrace, sit down to a traditional Italian dinner at Sabitini’s or indulge in a cold and creamy bowl of ice cream at Gelato.
- Main Dining Rooms (Allegro, Concerto, Symphony) - Breakfast, lunch and dinner with open seating from 7:30 to 9:30 am and noon to 1:30 p.m. on sea days and embarkation day. Dinner is available as either fixed seating or guests can choose the Dine My WaySM dining option.
- Chocolate Journeys - Decadent, hand-crafted treats exclusively for Princess’ Chocolate JourneysSM program.
- International Cafe - Ever-changing array of small bite meals, treats, and gourmet beverages.
- Alfredo's Pizzeria - Classic Italian calzones stuffed with delicious Italian deli meats and cheeses or fresh made pizza.
- Horizon Court - Delightful array of worldwide cuisine, freshly baked breads and regional comfort foods, in a casual setting at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Trident Grill - Burgers flipping and hot dogs roasting, served with a variety of fixin’s and crisp fries.
- Vines Wine Bar - Extensive collection of wines, like Opus One, Super Tuscans, fine sparkling wines and regional offerings for purchase.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining - Intimate breakfast or dinner for two. Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, while dinner is served from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Dinner includes a cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a four-course meal.
- Chef's Table Lumiere - Select group of guests for a behind-the-scenes galley tour with champagne and hors d’oeuvres, followed by an extravagant multi-course dinner created and hosted by the ship’s executive chef.
- Sabatini’s Italian Restaurant - Classic Italian food including a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, main courses and desserts for $25 per person.
- Crown Grill - Named among the “Best Cruise Ship Steakhouses” by USA TODAY featuring premium aged beef and fresh seafood items.
- Ocean Terrace - An array of ocean treasures, including a flight of oyster shooters, sushi and sashimi, ahi tuna poke, king crab cocktail, chili and lime crab margarita, a royal lobster dish, and the world-renowned smoked Balik salmon, the salmon of the tsars.
- Gelato - Delicious, Italian-style ice cream creations, including homemade waffle cones, creamy fruit smoothies, frosty shakes, banana and pineapple splits, as well as designer sundaes with and without alcohol.
Meet the Princess Fleet
Search for Cruises & Compare Deals!
Signup for Cruise Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more