Plan a Staycation In the Northeast
Booking a hotel in the Northeast can mean many things. From city fun to rural charm, this part of the country offers an eclectic array of travel options.
What makes for the perfect staycation in the Northeast? For some, it’s quiet time spent watching the changing leaves, maybe with a cup of hot cider and a few close friends nearby, or a romantic week of relaxation in one of the region’s many charming seaside towns. For others, it can be a big city adventure, loaded with nonstop activity and luxurious hotel accommodations.
A Northeastern staycation even allows you to choose and combine any number of trip ideas, as the region—and the relatively small states within—lends itself well to interstate road tripping.
Whatever destination you choose, Dunhill Travel Deals will help you find excellent deals on some of the best hotels in the Northeast, so you can have fun without spending a small forture. Here are some ideas for your next Northeastern dream vacation.
- Get every 3rd night free when you book 2 or more nights
- Valid for travel Jan 1 - Mar 31, 2024
- Blackout dates may apply
The Plaza Hotel NYC | Every 3rd Night Free
- Sailing Jan 7, 2024 - See more itineraries below
- Free onboard credits up to $1,500 per stateroom
- Free Specialty Dining for 2
11-Nt S. Caribbean Cruise on Anthem of the Seas
- Depart from New York on Jan 14, 2024
- Miami, Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport
- Ship credit - up to $500
9-Nt Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Venezia
- Sails Feb 25, 2024 from Bayonne - More itineraries below
- Save 30% off every guest
- Up to $50 to spend on board
7-Nt Bahamas Cruise on Anthem of the Seas
- Sailing Mar 31, 2024 - See more itineraries below
- 2nd guest flies free
- Free dining, internet & beverage package
7-Nt Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
- Depart from Boston on April 5, 2024
- Drinks, dining, ship credit & more
- Special offer for AMEX Platinum cardholders
7-Nt Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Gem
- Depart from New York on April 5, 2024
- Ports in the Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, and more
- Sail on the new Carnical Venezia
10-Nt Caribbean Cruise w/ Up to $500 Ship Credit
- Depart on April 5 from Boston
- Up to $500 ship credit, open bar, dining & more
- Enjoy 3 days docked in Bermuda
7-Nt Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian w/ Open Bar
- Sails Apr 7, 2024 from New York - More itineraries below
- Second guest flies free
- Free or reduced fares for 3rd & 4th guests
12-Nt E. Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
- Sails Apr 25, 2024 from New York - More itineraries below
- Free gratuities for 2 included
- Second guest flies free
14-Nt Transatlantic Cruise on Norwegian Pearl
- Depart from Montreal on May 4, 2024
- Visit Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia & more
- Exclusive ship credit offer up to $500
7-Nt Canada / New England Cruise on HAL Volendam
See the Colors
Chances are, if you’re planning a visit to the Northeast during the fall season, you’re looking to catch a glimpse of the changing leaves and vibrant the colors they paint across the regional landscape. The beauty of the foliage in the Northeast is truly something to behold, and reason enough to book a stay for a fall getaway at one of the many Northeast hotels that cater to seasonal tourism.
Explore the City
While New York City may be the most obvious choice when it comes to planning a city getaway in the Northeast, it’s certainly not the only one. Places like Boston, MA, Providence, RI, Burlington, VT, and New Haven, CT offer big city vibrancy and college town charm in equal measure. Booking a stay at any city hotel in the Northeast offers metropolitan luxury that’s never too far away from the scenic beauty the area is known for—even a visit to New York City puts you just a train ride away from the natural wonders of the Hudson Valley.
Find Your Inner Art Critic
Between Boston and New York, you’ll find more art museums than most people visit in a lifetime, and the options don’t end there. Even a smaller city like New Haven, CT, offers two excellent art meccas in the Yale Center for British Art and Yale Art Gallery. The northeast is also home to a few destination museums, like the MASS MOCA in the quaint town of North Adams, MA, and the Dia Beacon, just a short train ride from New York City in Beacon Falls, NY.
Try New Flavors
When it comes to a staycation, we can’t leave out food. The Northeast invites guests to explore a number of regional flavors. Think lobster rolls and fried clams on a sunny Connecticut afternoon or rustic gastropub fare and regional brews on a chilly Vermont evening.
Of course, that doesn’t even scratch the surface of the Northeast’s culinary landscape. New York alone encapsulates a wide range of options, from New York City’s world-class restaurants (and pizza) to charming Finger Lakes wine country.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more