Bring the whole family along for these adventures in Myrtle Beach
Pick a great Myrtle Beach hotel, then start planning what to do with the kids during your stay. There’s more than just beaches to keep the family entertained.
Hotels in Myrtle Beach offer all kinds of pools, kids’ clubs, and game rooms, but when you’re ready to leave the property and try something different, we have you covered. Consider these 5 fun activities that the whole family will enjoy.
1. Splash in the Big Waves
If you’re a fan of water parks, Myrtle Beach has you covered! Choose from Myrtle Waves, Splashes, or Wild Water and Wheels for acres of speed slides with endless fun twisting, sliding, and shooting through the tubes! Kids (and adults) can try riding a wave, traveling down swift moving or lazy rivers, and splashing in the wave pools.
The smallest members of the family can enjoy tamer water attractions, such as interactive play structures, mini slides, and shallow kiddie pools. Waterparks are a great way to exercise and experience thrills at the same time!
- Many hotels & resorts to choose from
- Free breakfast available at select hotels
- Lots of activities for the whole family
Save up to 35% on Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Beach-front property, free shuttle services and much more
- Many rooms offer view of the ocean, free Wi-Fi, pool bar
- A lazy river & a pirate-themed children’s pool, close to parks
Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach
- Stay Mon-Thurs for best rates
- Oceanfront suites and condos available
- Catch a star performance at Carolina Opry Theater
Dunes Village Resort, Myrtle Beach | Winter Rates
- Save 35% on oceanfront rooms, Sun. thru Thurs.
- Condos avail. with 1-2 bedrooms and kitchens
- Enjoy Palace Lounge & Restaurant w/ocean view
The Palace Resort, Myrtle Beach | Winter Rates
- Save on 2-bedroom oceanfront condos
- Get your local discount card on check-in
- Kitchens, washer/dryer, ocean views
South Wind on the Ocean, Myrtle Beach
- Save 35% when you book early! Stay thru Sept. 20
- Condos sleep 4 or more
- Kitchenette, private balcony, refrigerator
Paradise Resort, Myrtle Beach | Friends & Family Sale
- Winter Wonderland of Savings
- Best rates for Sun - Thurs stays
- Enjoy restaurants, bars, shopping, & shows
Sea Watch Resort - Winter Getaways 35% Off
- Winter specials up to 25% off
- Save on a luxurious suite near attractions
- Enjoy the walking/jogging trails onsite
Marina Inn at Grand Dunes, Myrtle Beach | 25% Off
- Save 35% on winter stays
- 57 acres of landscaped grounds
- 4 Seasons Restaurant, indoor hot tub
Ocean Creek Resort, Myrtle Beach | 35% Off Winter
- Save on oceanview studios in Myrtle Beach
- Discounted rates are for Sunday-Thursday stays
- Kitchen, balcony, 2-3 BR units available
Beach Colony Resort - 35% Off Winter
- Beachfront hotel, free breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi & parking
- Excellent service, outdoor swimming pool, children’s pool
- Lazy river, hot tub, laundry service, fitness center & more
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort in North Myrtle Beach
2. Ride the Coasters
The whole family will have a blast at Family Kingdom Amusement Park, where you can ride the Twist ‘n Shout, the Hurricane, the Log Flume, and the classic wooden Swamp Fox rollercoasters. There are 35 rides in all here, include some for the less brave.
At the three Pavilion Parks at Broadway at the Beach, you can ride the traditional rides from the former oceanfront Pavilion in Myrtle Beach and also enjoy new rides like the Mini Tea Cups and Magic Bikes, which are perfect for younger kids and scaredy-cats.
3. See the Animals and Nature
Brookgreen Gardens' gives the whole family a chance to see nature and birds native to the Myrtle Beach area. Your children can watch playful otters, red foxes, and other animals in a natural environment. Don't forget to check out the Waccatee Zoo, where you can see more exotic animals, like monkeys, buffalo, and the big cats, as well as domestic animals like goats and donkeys, all in a natural setting.
At Ripley’s Aquarium, you can dive with sharks, mingle with stingrays, or just soak up the atmosphere as you ride the moving walkway through the saltwater aquarium exhibit. You’ll travel right through a natural reef so you can view sharks, octopi, stingrays, and thousands of rare and colorful fish up close!
4. Go for a Ride
Get behind the wheel of a go-cart at Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park. You can enjoy seven unique tracks, ranging from the gentle family track to the high-bank oval, the speed racer, and the junior racer for smaller kids. It’s great fun for the whole family.
Take the kids on an interactive, swashbuckling goon time with Pirate Adventures of Myrtle Beach. On a 75-minute ride aboard the Sea Gypsy, children have a chance to take part in a treasure hunt, water cannon battle, and so much more. Kids get painted on mustaches, tattoos, and pirate regalia, to make the experience even more magical.
There’s so much to see and do in Myrtle Beach, that you won’t be able to pack it into just one trip. And that’s not even counting all the activities that Myrtle Beach hotels offer!
By: Devyn Woolsey
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more