Pick a great Myrtle Beach hotel, then start planning what to do with the kids during your stay. There’s more than just beaches to keep the family entertained.
Hotels in Myrtle Beach offer all kinds of pools, kids’ clubs, and game rooms, but when you’re ready to leave the property and try something different, we have you covered. Consider these 5 fun activities that the whole family will enjoy.
1. Splash in the Big Waves
If you’re a fan of water parks, Myrtle Beach has you covered! Choose from Myrtle Waves, Splashes, or Wild Water and Wheels for acres of speed slides with endless fun twisting, sliding, and shooting through the tubes! Kids (and adults) can try riding a wave, traveling down swift moving or lazy rivers, and splashing in the wave pools.
The smallest members of the family can enjoy tamer water attractions, such as interactive play structures, mini slides, and shallow kiddie pools. Waterparks are a great way to exercise and experience thrills at the same time!
- Incl. DVD rentals & tickets to local attractions
- Poolside bar & grill, onsite lounge
- 1-3 BR condos on the beach w/balconies
Spring Specials at Avista Resort - 25% Off in Myrtle Beach
- Stay 3 nights and pick your free bonus!
- Free breakfast, wine tasting or cash rebate
- Newly renovated oceanfront pool deck
Save up to 35% at Palace Resort in Myrtle Beach
- 30% off and two free breakfasts til 5/23
- Indoor/outdoor pools, lazy river & Jacuzzis
- Ocean view efficiency w/balcony sleeps 4
Free Breakfast at Paradise Resort - Myrtle Beach
- Stay 7 nights - Get 2 nights free
- Oceanfront resort with kids' water park
- Bowling alley, bar, arcade games, lazy river
Free Nights at Captain's Quarters Resort - Myrtle Beach
- Oceanfront resort with nearby golf & tennis
- Studio, 1-3 BR condos w/ kitchen & porch
- Stay 3 nights or longer, pick 3 perks
Myrtle Beach | Save up to 35% at Ocean Creek Resort
- Indoor waterpark, breakfast buffet, valet parking
- Cafe, tiki bar, game room and fitness center
- Save Sun-Thurs. on oceanfront rooms & suites
Myrtle Beach | Save 20% at South Bay Inn & Suites
- Studio, 1, 2 or 3 BR suites, many w/balconies
- Legends golf package: 4th round free
- Stay 3 nights or longer and pick 3 offers
35% Off Spring Stays at Beach Colony Resort, Myrtle Beach
- 3rd night free for spring stays 'til May 23
- Oceanfront pool deck, white sandy beach
- Free attraction tickets and DVD rentals
Free Nights at The Breakers in Myrtle Beach
- Beachcomber Vacation Rentals - Many resorts
- Choose weekly vacation condo rentals
- Pet-friendly, 3-4 BR condo avail., sleeps10
20% Off Spring Condo Rentals in No. Myrtle Beach
- 3.0-star condos with indoor pool
- Family friendly amenities right on the beach
- Free Wi-Fi
Roxanne in Myrtle Beach
- Beachfront hotel with outdoor pool
- Picnic area, barbecue station, & garden
- Great views of the Atlantic Ocean
Mermaid Inn in Myrtle Beach
2. Ride the Coasters
The whole family will have a blast at Family Kingdom Amusement Park, where you can ride the Twist ‘n Shout, the Hurricane, the Log Flume, and the classic wooden Swamp Fox rollercoasters. There are 35 rides in all here, include some for the less brave.
At the three Pavilion Parks at Broadway at the Beach, you can ride the traditional rides from the former oceanfront Pavilion in Myrtle Beach and also enjoy new rides like the Mini Tea Cups and Magic Bikes, which are perfect for younger kids and scaredy-cats.
3. See the Animals and Nature
Brookgreen Gardens' gives the whole family a chance to see nature and birds native to the Myrtle Beach area. Your children can watch playful otters, red foxes, and other animals in a natural environment. Don't forget to check out the Waccatee Zoo, where you can see more exotic animals, like monkeys, buffalo, and the big cats, as well as domestic animals like goats and donkeys, all in a natural setting.
At Ripley’s Aquarium, you can dive with sharks, mingle with stingrays, or just soak up the atmosphere as you ride the moving walkway through the saltwater aquarium exhibit. You’ll travel right through a natural reef so you can view sharks, octopi, stingrays, and thousands of rare and colorful fish up close!
4. Go for a Ride
Get behind the wheel of a go-cart at Broadway Grand Prix Family Race Park. You can enjoy seven unique tracks, ranging from the gentle family track to the high-bank oval, the speed racer, and the junior racer for smaller kids. It’s great fun for the whole family.
Take the kids on an interactive, swashbuckling goon time with Pirate Adventures of Myrtle Beach. On a 75-minute ride aboard the Sea Gypsy, children have a chance to take part in a treasure hunt, water cannon battle, and so much more. Kids get painted on mustaches, tattoos, and pirate regalia, to make the experience even more magical.
There’s so much to see and do in Myrtle Beach, that you won’t be able to pack it into just one trip. And that’s not even counting all the activities that Myrtle Beach hotels offer!
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more