Hotels that Capture the Quirkiness of Portland
When you go to Portland on vacation, you should expect something different. These fun hotels in Portland offer all the charming quirks the city is known for.
When looking at hotels in Portland for your next big city getaway, the last thing you want is a cookie-cutter room with beige decor. You want to find accommodations that offer the luxury and world-class service of a boutique hotel while also matching the one-of-a-kind spirit of the place you’re visiting.
- Visit the City of Roses
- Affordable rooms near Stanley Park
- Excellent guest ratings
Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station
- On-site restaurant & nightclub
- Enjoy funky rooms with unique decor
- Walking distance from major attractions downtown
Jupiter Hotel in Portland
- Free breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking, & shuttle service
- On-site pool, gym & parking
- 8 miles from Downtown Portland
SpringHill Suites Portland Airport
- Century-old hotel blocks from iconic Powell’s City of Books.
- Fitness & center center, meeting rooms, & event space
- Onsite restaurant, Jake’s Grill, serves American grill fare
Sentinel Hotel in Portland
- On-site swimming pool, fitness facilities, & free Wi-Fi
- Features a spa tub & complimentary bicycles
- Shuttle bus available to & from airport
Crowne Plaza Portland-Downtown
- Free breakfast & Wi-Fi
- On-site pool, gym & parking
- Pet-friendly hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
- Restaurant, lounge and meeting rooms
- Indoor pool and exercise room
- Close to airport on Frontage Rd.
Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
- Waterfront hotel with views of the Columbia River
- Free Wi-Fi, business center, & parking
- features an outdoor pool with a whirlpool
Red Lion Hotel On the River Portland
- Stylish boutique hotel in the heart of Portland
- Perfect for a quiet and relaxing getaway
- Swine Moonshine + Whiskey Bar offers bar snacks & drinks
The Paramount Hotel in Portland
- Excellent reviews and ratings
- On Cascades Pkwy, near Stanley Park
- Walk to shops and restaurants
Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
- Subtle luxury in the middle of downtown Portland
- Includes marble vanity, rainforest shower, & plush bathrobes
- 3 restaurants onsite + 24-hour fitness center
The Nines in Portland
After all, Portland is known for its fun, creative, and quirky energy, so it’s only natural to expect the same from whatever place you end up in. Fortunately for you, many Portland hotels pride themselves in exemplifying the unique, and sometimes unusual, spirit the city prides itself on.
With Dunhill Travel Deals, finding great rates on some of these hotspots isn’t an impossible task. Below, you’ll find places that you’d only be able to find in Portland, many with details and services sourced from local artists and vendors.
McMenamins Kennedy School
If the thought of going back to class gives you anxiety think again—a stay at the McMenamins Kennedy School Hotel is anything but stressful. In a building that once housed an elementary school, this Portland hotel runs with the vintage academic theme with literary references and a retro boarding school style galore. Great amenities, including a saltwater pool and an on-site brew pub, add to the fun.
Another McMenamins hotel further proves that the local chain knows how to offer accommodations with a distinctive sense of style. In this case, the theme is the local music scene, with each room’s decor celebrating an artist who has played at the famed Crystal Ballroom across the street. This is where you stay if you’re ready to live it up like a rock star.
Like other Ace locations, this stylish Portland hotel gives a locally-minded touch to the chain’s established reputation for excellent service and luxurious digs. Food and room-design are sourced within city limits, and visitors can take a memento of their trip by climbing in the hotel’s vintage photo booth.
Situated in the trendy Burnside area, Jupiter Hotel more than acquaints visitors with the city’s artsy status—by hosting a reception for local artists and artisans every month, this Portland hotel allows its guests to mingle with and enjoy the work of other like-minded creatives. Beyond that, you’ll find a party-friendly atmosphere and retro-chic decor.
If the McMenamins Crystal makes guests feel like rock stars, the Hotel Deluxe make you feel like a movie star. The design is heavy on mid-century flavor, harkening to Hollywood’s golden age, with every floor dedicated to a different icon of the era. A great place to sip an afternoon tea while brainstorming ideas for your next screenplay.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more