See the Landmarks that put Greece on the Map
Few things say “vacation” quite like a relaxing, luxuriously long getaway on a Greek island. There are many otherworldly islands sprinkled across the Aegean and Ionian Seas, so we don’t blame you if you can’t pick just one. Below, we have included some of the most popular islands in Greece.
- Escorted tours to places where hidden cities & seaside meet
- Save 10% per person on select 2020 Globus vacations
- Greece, Italy, Spain, Athens, Croatia and many more
10% Off The Mediterranean's Best Kept Secrets
- Guided tour with daily breakfasts & 3 dinners
- See the Acropolis and birthplace of the Olympics
- Sightseeing, transportation & hotels included
7-Day Greece Tours from $799
- Guided tour with Aegean cruise
- See Athens & the islands of Mykonos & Crete
- Incl. guided sightseeing, cruise & hotels
9-Day Greece Cruise & Tours from $1190
- Escorted land tour with 7-nt cruise
- Tour Rome, Florence & Venice
- Cruise the Adriatic to Corfu, Split & more
15-Day Italy Tour with Mediterranean Cruise
- Includes 6-nts of hotels
- Visit Athens & Santorini
- Many optional tours available
Air & 7-Day Vacation in Greece
- Flexible vacation package
- See the birthplace of democracy in Athens
- Visit Dubrovnik, the Pearl of the Adriatic for its stunning views
7-Nts Athens, Rome & Dubrovnik w/Air & Hotels
- Choose your departure & plan your trip
- Incl. hotels, airfare, and transfers
- Enjoy Tel Aviv, Athens, and Cairo
- Fully customizable
6-Nts. Tel Aviv, Athens & Cairo w/Air & Hotels
- Customize your itinerary
- Incl. hotels, airfare, and transfers
- See the Coliseum, Parthenon & more
6-Nt Rome & Athens Vacation w/Air & Hotels
- Independent trip - explore at your own leisure
- Begin in Athens then onto Olympia and Delphi
- Select your number of nights in each city and activities
7-Nt 3-City Greece Package w/ Air, Hotels & Car Rental
- Customize this vacation to suit your needs
- Includes intercity flight from Athens to Barcelona
- Shopping & cafes in Barcelona, art & history in Athens
6-Nt Athens & Barcelona Vacation w/ Air & Hotels
- Choose your number of nights in each city, activities & more
- Picturesque beaches in Mykonos & romantic walks in Paris
- Trip includes flight from Athens to Mykonos
9-Nt Paris, Athens & Mykonos w/ Air & Hotels
Mykonos is the party people’s paradise. What Ibiza is to Spain, Mykonos is to Greece. Throughout the 1960s, it was known as a bohemian wonderland with an endless supply of nudist beaches and happy hippies. Today, that same vibe still exists (albeit with fewer nudist beaches). It has become massively glitzier with its yachts surrounding the harbor and supermodels drinking, dining, and dancing at clubs like Scorpios and Astra.
Low-key travelers who would prefer to bask in the beauty of this ancient island rather than party until the sun comes up can enjoy an unforgettable meal at Fokos Taverna, where there is no end of lamb chops and fresh seafood. If still in need of some respite from the large island, cruise on over to the little island of Delos, where you’ll find a gorgeous temple dedicated to the Greek god of light, Apollo.
The island of Santorini appeals to every type of traveler, from the honeymooners to the solo traveler to the adventurous adrenaline junkies who want to get their fill of cliff-diving, jet skiing, and hiking. Although there is plenty to do on land, one of the best ways to explore the island is by boat, especially if it’s a sunset cruise with Greek wine and a full-course seafood meal aboard the Caldera sailboat. For a more adventurous excursion on the water, jet ski over to the Hellenic Volcanic Arc and hike around this active volcano.
For swimming, walking, or sailing, drive to Amoudi Bay to cool off in the water and indulge in a bit of cliff-diving. When it comes to beaches, Santorini has plenty of those, and Kamari Beach is arguably one of the best. Along this beachfront, you’ll find plenty of seafood restaurants as well as a pedestrian-only road that makes a great spot for safe, late-night strolls by the sea.
The Ionian Islands are tailor-made for the low-key traveler looking for an idyllic, serene getaway with lots of incredible beachfront. This tiny cluster of islands that sits in the Ionian Sea beckons outdoor enthusiasts to explore its natural wonders. At Palaiokastritsa, travelers can spend the day visiting the monastery, exploring the cave, tanning on the golden sand beach, and snorkeling in the turquoise water.
Other noteworthy beaches include Myrtos Beach, a white-sand beach with a spectacular backdrop of steep cliffs and Sidari, a beach known for its exciting nightlife, romantic oceanfront views, and even a water park. For a bit of culture, dedicate an afternoon to exploring the 1800s palace, the Achilleion, which invites visitors to explore the museum exhibit and the lush gardens.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more