Find the Best Beaches in the DR & Perfect Your Tan
Many resorts in the Dominican Republic offer prime beach access, but some of the island’s best beaches are off the beaten path. Here are five of our favorites.
Whether you’re traveling with the whole family or looking for some scenic alone time with the spouse, Dominican Republic vacations make for an unforgettable travel experience. The Dominican Republic is a sprawling nation known for its stunning white beaches and crystal blue coasts. Depending on where you choose to stay, you’ll be sure to find surf and sand to suit all of your vacation goals. Plan your stay at any luxurious all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic, or a couple of them if you want to see everything the DR has to offer, then plot your visit to any one of these top five beaches.
If the plan is to stay at a Dominican Republic resort to the north, most in-the-know people will likely direct you to Playa Dorada for all your beach needs. It’s not the calmest beach in the world (meaning it is popular, and the waves can be on the rough side), but if you enjoy watersports activities like windsurfing (or regular surfing), this is the place to be.
Found in Las Galeras beneath the cliffs of Cape Cabrón, Playa Rincon is not the easiest beach to get to, as the road to it is not entirely paved. That said, the unpaved section is drivable, and most can access the area with ease by boat or taxi. Your reward for reaching this tropical oasis is a beautiful strip of mostly secluded beach with calm and clear waters. This is the ideal spot to snorkel and explore the local underwater wildlife.
When in Punta Cana, you’ll find the softest sand on the northern coast at destinations like the popular Bavaro Beach. While it does draw in plenty of tourists, palm-tree-lined Bavaro is large enough so that anyone can find their own private slice of paradise.
- Book now & stay by 9/30/20
- Tropical parties, scavenger hunts, contests, karaoke, & more
- Unlimited à la carte dinners in specialty restaurants
Bahia Principe Fantasia Punta Cana | Up to 55% off
- Book now & stay by 9/30/2020
- 2 pools, 6 restaurants, kids' water park
- Family friendly beach resort w/ babysitting
Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana | Up to 55% off
- La Romana, DR - Book now & stay by 9/30/2020
- All-inclusive, all-adult oceanfront getaway
- Close to great golf course; enjoy 2 pools
Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville | Up to 55% off
- In Samana, DR - Book now & stay by 9/30/2020
- Peaceful island getaway - only resort on the island
- 2 pools, 6 restaurants, spa and more
Bahia Principe Luxury Cayo Levantado | Up to 50% off
- Book now & stay by 9/30/2020
- Family-friendly resort in La Romana
- Gorgeous golf course plus 5 restaurants
Bahia Principe Grand La Romana | Up to 50% off
- All-Adult - Book now & stay by 9/30/2020
- Completely remodeled beachfront resort
- Enjoy the nightlife at an onsite disco
Bahia Principe Luxury Ambar | Up to 45% off
When you’re staying with the whole family at the luxurious Punta Cana resort of your choice, you’ll want to find a beach that the kids can enjoy. Here, at Arena Gordo, the waters are blue and shallow, without any harsh waves that may keep the young ones at bay, and the vibe is relaxed and laid-back. Perfect for the entire fam to enjoy.
If the plan for your Dominican Republic vacation is to ditch civilization entirely, Cayo Leventado makes for an ideal day trip. The very small island of the DR’s eastern coast offers great white-sand beaches far from the crowds of Punta Cana, with great hiking and exploring opportunities as well.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more