Everything You Wanted to Know about Mexico
Are you curious about vacations and cruises in the warm, sunny country of Mexico? As fall starts to creep into view, with trees turning and nights cooling, it’s natural to think about a warm destination. Picture sinking your toes in the sand as clear waves roll in and wash away your stress. Strains of James Taylor run through your mind as you settle back in a beach lounger:
Sounds so sweet with the sun sinkin' low
The moon's so bright, likes to light up the night
Make everything alright.
We’ve done some fun research in the country of Mexico, and have a bank of articles talking about various cities and regions, like Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya. A recent article about Cozumel explains the rise of tourism and connection to chewing gum. We examined the cruise market for ports that offer cruises to Mexico, and even wrote about the two different Cabos.
- All-inclusive, all-suites luxury w/ up to $300 flight credit
- Beachfront, 7 restaurants, 11 bars, including a cigar bar
- On-site theater w/ live performances, premium Wi-Fi & more
Cancun | 65% Off Spring Travel at Adults-Only Resort
- Up to $2,000 cash back or up to $1,500 credit
- Exclusive rates, free Wi-Fi, free upgrades, 60% off 2nd guest
- Free pre-paid gratuities & much more on select cruise lines
Biggest Cruise Sale of the Year - Ends Soon
- All-inclusive Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos w/ up to $200 in perks
- Infinity pool, main pool, kid-friendly pool and two hot tubs
- Special offers - must book by 1/17
Los Cabos | 60% Off plus up to $200 Flight Credit
- Luxurious rooms w/ spectacular ocean or sunset view
- Perfect for spending a romantic vacation
- Infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean sea & much more
- Luxurious All Inclusive
Cancun | Up to 69% Off Adults-Only Beachfront Resort
- Luxury all-inclusive resort up to 74% off
- Offers the only casino in the hotel zone
- Enjoy 17 restaurants & 20 bars
All-Inclusive The Pyramid at Grand Cancun
- Choose your airport & customize your trip
- Incl. hotels, airfare, and transfers
- See Oaxaca, Mexico City and Los Cabos
- Fully customizable
7-Nt. 3-City Colonial Mexico Vacation w/Air & Hotels
- Up to $200 Resort Credits + Free Wi-Fi
- Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury at Dreams Resorts and Spas!
- Full service spa with a variety of treatment options
Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa - All-Inclusive
- Book Now and Save 55%
- 3 swimming pools & fun parties every day
- Full service spa with variety of treatments
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort with Optional All-Inclusive
Here are some of the blogs about Mexico that might be useful if you are planning a winter sojourn to a warm, sunny beach somewhere south of the border.
What’s so Special about Cozumel? How chewing gum, the goddess of fertility and the Playancar Reef play into the history of this tiny and popular island.
A Day in Puerto Vallarta – Take a quick tour of the lovely city by Banderas Bay, and learn how to spend the day there, if you only have one.
A Tale of Two Cabos - With apologies to Charles Dickens, we take a look at the two cities of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Like twin sisters, they have very different personalities. It was the best of times...
Leave Your All-Inclusive Riviera Maya Resort - So, you are stuck in a luxury resort on the Mexican coast. Poor you! Here's a look at what you can do if you venture out into the historic and geographical sites of the Riviera Maya.
10 Frequently Asked Questions about Mexican Vacations - Curious about visiting Mexico? We compiled 10 questions that travelers ask about vacationing south of the border.
Take a Cruise to Mexico from Your Home Port - Many cruises now depart from smaller cruise ports and end up in Mexico. Sail from Galveston, Los Angeles, Tampa or Charleston and find yourself some warm Mexican sunshine.
So, pick a topic and settle in for a tour around the country down under the U.S., with its resort destinations and gorgeous beaches on the Caribbean or the Pacific coast. You'll soon be singing with Sweet Baby James:
I've never really been but I'd sure like to go
I guess I'll have to go now.
-- James Taylor
All articles by Kay D. Harrison
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more