The best sites in Salt Lake City
Once you book your hotel in Salt Lake City, it’s time to plan your trip. Here are some of the tip sites you’ll want to check out during your city getaway.
For a family trip or a weekend city getaway, Salt Lake City makes for a great anytime destination. Come during the winter to hit the slopes at one of the many ski resorts that sit just outside the city itself, or during the warmer months to explore city’s celebrated public parks and attractions, and you’re certain to leave with long-lasting memories.
And whether you desire a romantic weekend getaway or some quality time with friends or family, you’re sure to find hotels in Salt Lake City that fulfill all of your travel needs. Of course, if you want to scout the best deals, Dunhill Travel Deals is for you. Just look for a place that puts you where you want to be, close to all popular sites and attractions the city has to offer—like the ones listed below—and get ready for big savings.
Located near some of the most highly regarded Salt Lake City hotels, Temple Square collects many of the city’s popular sites in one convenient location. A holy place for the large local Mormon population, but welcoming to people of all different backgrounds, the square houses both the Mormon Temple and Mormon Tabernacle buildings within its exquisite architecture.
Both are worth touring, and lucky travelers might even be able to catch a performance from the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir during their stay.
This one is for the birds—literally. One of the largest and oldest free-flight aviaries in the world, the Tracy Aviary is a must for those looking to learn a thing or two during their stay. See magnificent birds of all shapes, colors, and sizes from all over the globe, as they roam about their natural habitats. Bring the whole family!
Gilgal Sculpture Garden
Salt Lake City has its share of strange and otherworldly attractions. Take the unique, wondrous Gilgal Sculpture Garden, the work of one Thomas Battersby Child, Jr. Every carving is the work of Child’s, from detailed disembodied feet to a sphinx bearing the face of Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon faith.
And if quirky sights like this appeal to you, you’ll want to stay at the nearby Anniversary Inn, a luxury bed and breakfast with themed rooms like “Phantom of the Opera” and “Wild Wild West.”
- Affordable rates for downtown location
- Outdoor swimming pool and indoor Jacuzzi
- Walk to restaurants and attractions
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel At Temple Square in Salt Lake City
- High rise hotel with mountain views
- Indoor and outdoor pools and hot tub
- Several restaurants onsite + spa
The Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City
- A short walk from Temple Square
- 24-hour front desk, business center
- Wedding services and meeting rooms
Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
- Free WiFi
- On-site indoor pool, gym, restaurant, & bar
- Located just blocks from the Salt Palace Convention Center
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown
- Two miles from the Salt Lake City airport
- Close to Great Salt Lake and Antelope Island State Park
- Includes 24-hour fitness center, business facility, and more
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Salt Lake City Airport
- Free WiFi, parking & airport shuttle
- On-site pool, gym, restaurant, & bar
- Pet-friendly hotel
Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport
- Located in the Cottonwood Heights neighborhood
- Free Wi-Fi, parking, and free hot breakfast each morning
- 12.5 miles away from downtown Salt Lake City
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City - Fort Union
- Two minutes from City Creek Centre
- Includes hot buffet breakfast and on-site market
- Near the Holy Trinity Cathedral and the Church History Museum
Residence Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
- Free breakfast buffet, Wi-Fi & parking
- On-site ski storage area & a fitness center
- Take a dip in the indoor pool w/ whirlpool spa
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
- Adventure hotel with outdoor & indoor pool
- Great views & prime location in downtown Salt Lake
- Walk to the Salt Palace, Tabernacle, restaurants, & more
Salt Lake Marriott Downtown Salt Lake City
- Excellent rating by hotel guests
- Smoke-free hotel 6 miles from airport
- Heated outdoor pool with hot tub
Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Downtown
If you’re looking to unwind somewhere outside the confines of your Salt Lake City hotel, you can’t beat a day exploring the grounds of Liberty Park. This expansive park is great for picnicking, frolicking and mingling.
There are several sports facilities, including bocce and tennis courts, so that you can make the most of the nice weather for Spring and Summer visits.
If visiting the Tracy Aviary doesn’t fully satisfy the animal lover in you, a trip to the city’s Hogle Zoo should more than suffice. Several exotic species like white rhinos, African elephants, and Siberian tigers are sure to offer thrills the whole family can enjoy.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more