Unique Hotels in Seattle You'll Love
Seattle is known for its big personality, and Seattle hotels match the city’s charm with interesting décor and amenities. Here are 5 hotels you’ll want to book.
Seattle, the Emerald City, has a certain quirky charm that’s hard to miss. You come here to enjoy the great outdoors, the coffee culture, the energy, the art, and the ambiance. So, why would you even consider staying in a generic, cookie cutter hotel?
Seattle offers charming, unusual hotels throughout the city. In fact, Seattle hotels offer as much personality as the city itself. Let your budget and preferred location influence your choice of hotels in Seattle. But, to get you started, here’s a brief rundown of five Seattle hotels that offer a little something different.
- Fireplaced lobby, restaurant & bar
- Located in South Lake Union area
- Modern hotel with rustic decor
Moxy Seattle North
- Just 1 block from the water
- Walk to Pike's Market & downtown attractions
- Large rooms with plush bedding & stunning views
Best Western Plus Pioneer Square in Seattle
- Free WiFi
- 20-min walk to Pike Place Market & the Space Needle
- Pet friendly 4-star hotel
Hyatt At Olive 8 in Seattle
- Full breakfast for each guest daily
- On-site spa, sauna, restaurant, & library
- Walking distance from Pike Place Market & Waterfront Park
Loews Hotel 1000 Seattle
- Continental breakfast for two daily
- Pet friendly 4-star hotel
- On-site spa & fitness center
Kimpton Alexis Hotel Seattle
- less than a block from Salmon Bay
- Walking distance to breweries, restaurants, & museums
- Quaint rooms with modern luxuries
Hotel Ballard in Seattle
- Family-friendly hotel near the Woodland Park Zoo
- Includes 24-hour business and fitness center
- Complimentary buffet breakfast each morning
Hotel Nexus Seattle
- Less than 10 minutes from the Space Needle
- Close to the University of Washington and the Seattle Waterfront
- Free local calls, cable TV, and more
Staypineapple at Watertown Hotel in Seattle
- Short shuttle bus ride away from downtown Seattle
- Boutique level accommodations
- Four blocks from the University of Washington Campus
Staypineapple at University Inn in Seattle
- Located in City Center near waterfront
- Premium amenities, in-room coffeemakers
- Yoga mat in each room + pet-friendly
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Seattle
The Kimpton chain is known for having some of the most charming, unusual boutique hotels in Seattle. The Kimpton Palladian in Belltown offers luxury mixed with eclectic, contemporary style. This 1910 landmark has been reinvented in a masculine-chic style with luxe amenities, edgy design elements, and contemporary furnishings that reflect Belltown’s hip heritage.
Ask for a celebrity pillow (a throw pillow printed with a photo of a celeb dressed in vintage military garb) to sleep with and get your flow on with the in-room yoga mat.
Kimpton Hotel Monaco
Its sister hotel, the Kimpton Hotel Monaco, offers luxurious, yet playful rooms, a sophisticated vibe, and a location that’s hard to beat—just a short walk to Pike Place Market. Ask at the front desk for a pet goldfish to bring up to your room, so you won’t be lonely.
Or bring your pooch or kitty with you; both Kimpton hotels are pet-friendly. They’re also both environmentally conscious and offer loaner bikes, so you can explore the town in an environmentally friendly way.
The Edgewater is Seattle’s only waterfront hotel, and that location can’t be beat. The rooms here all have an elegant lodge feel, complete with gas fireplaces, pine furniture, and a rubber ducky for the bathtub. Every room has a view of either Puget sound or downtown Seattle. You won’t want to pull the drapes at bedtime!
The Maxwell, part of the Pineapple Hospitality chain, has fun, creative, unexpected touches throughout the property—like a giant mosaic pineapple in the lobby and a retro-style indoor pool. Located close to the Seattle Center and the Space Needle, this hotel offers fun amenities like free pineapple cupcakes in the lobby and yellow bicycles you can borrow to tool around town.
If that’s not enough, you also get “The Naked Experience”—freshly-washed duvets, fluffy pillows, soft towels, robes, and slippers, so you can get naked and loll about in comfort.
Fairmont Olympic Seattle
If luxury is your thing—and you have deep, deep pockets—you’ll want to try the Fairmont Olympic Seattle. Stylish since 1924, this hotel oozes elegance. Crystal chandeliers dangle delicately from the arched ceiling, and a classical pianist performs at afternoon tea in The Terrace lounge. It has a convenient downtown location, impeccable service, and windows you can open to let in the breeze.
Whatever your style and your budget, you’re sure to find the perfect Seattle hotel.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more