Travel Across Georgia - Discover the Best of the Peachtree State
Looking to road trip through a diverse and exciting part of the South? Here is a guide to Georgia’s most unmissable stays to accommodate you on the way.
Georgia is a sprawling state just waiting to be explored. There’s no better way to do that then on a road trip excursion. More than just a way to save money on airfare, road-tripping allows you to see all of the things you would miss if you were flying over—the bustling cities, charming college towns, and state parks that make up what they call “The Empire of the South.”
Whether you’re playing car games during a family getaway or listening to your favorite tunes with the windows rolled down, the quality time allowed by a road trip is indispensable. When booking hotels in Georgia for your road trip, know you have a travel companion in Dunhill Travel Deals. We’ll show you the best deals on rates at top Georgia hotels all over the state, so you can take a load off in style in between those long stretches of open road.
Music fans take note: Athens is must-stop for your Georgia road trip if you’re looking to catch a show. This college town’s music scene—immortalized in the documentary Inside/Out—has birthed such iconic acts as R.E.M. and The B-52’s, and it’s always been a hotbed for creativity. Of course, Athens has plenty to offer outside of its hallowed concert halls by way of a hopping downtown packed with shops and restaurants.
- Free buffet breakfast + parking
- Free area shuttle
- Outdoor pool + free Wi-Fi
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Buckhead
- 4.5-star luxury hotel near Forsyth Park
- Swanky outdoor pool with cabanas & lounge chairs
- Spacious rooms with plush beds & southern charm
Mansion on Forsyth Park, Savannah
- Free breakfast buffet & Wi-Fi
- On-site pool, hot tub, gym, & parking
- Walking distance of the Civic Center & Telfair Museum
SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
- In the heart of Midtown Atlanta
- Two blocks from the Midtown MARTA station
- Business center open 24 hours a day
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
- Mid-range hotel close to the action
- Comfortable and spacious rooms
- Close to Fernbank Science Center and Underground Atlanta
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta North Druid Hills - Emory Area
- Only 1 mile from Savannah - Hilton Head Airport
- 24-hour business library, shuttle service, and dry cleaning
- Complimentary breakfast
SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport
- Free Wi-Fi, large gym & onsite restaurant
- 3-star hotel with outdoor pool
- Walk to Forsyth Park in the Historic District
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District
- Modern 4.0-star hotel with outdoor pool
- 2 restaurants & rooftop terrace
- Located in historic downtown
The DeSoto Savannah
Providence Canyon State Park
Set aside a day to walk this 1,000-acre park in west Georgia, a collection of canyons spiked with local flora and teeming with natural beauty. The grounds are large, so we suggest booking a stay at one of the nearby Georgia hotels or campsites if you want to explore every nook and cranny of the park.
Of course, when road-tripping through Georgia, Atlanta should be your go-to big city stop. Book one of Atlanta’s many luxurious hotels—using the money you would have spent on a flight, of course—and see all of the city’s top sites, such as the World of Coca-Cola and Centennial Olympic Park.
For some outdoorsy fun, pack a picnic and head to majestic Toccoa Falls. The single-drop waterfall is the largest falls east of the Mississippi at 186 feet (higher than Niagara). It makes for a priceless photo op; a great way to memorialize your Georgia road trip. When you’re done with a day of hiking around the falls, there are many nearby hotels in Georgia to accommodate you, though you may want to pitch a tent at one of the picturesque campsites for an authentically rustic experience.
Especially if you’re traveling in the warmer months, Savannah is a must, with lots of gorgeous beaches and ample waterfront fun. Try the regional Southern cuisine, and soak up all of the elegant architecture of the city’s historic districts. If you’re traveling with fellow golfers, or if you can pull yourself away from the group for an afternoon, be sure to set up a tee-time at one of the world-class golf resorts in the area.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more