The Ins and Outs of All-Inclusive Vacations
In recent years, all-inclusive vacations have surged to the forefront of Americans’ travel plans due to their convenience and affordability, offering much-needed relief in this struggling economy. As a result, the market has been flooded with all-inclusive vacation deals, but don’t be fooled – not all all-inclusive resorts are created equally!
To all-inclusive or not to all-inclusive? Before booking an all-inclusive vacation, think carefully about what constitutes your ideal vacation. If you prefer to explore your destination thoroughly and plan on spending little time at the resort, then an all-inclusive vacation might not be for you. However, if you’re dreaming of a beach getaway where you can relax and enjoy being catered to, an all-inclusive vacation would be the perfect choice.
All-inclusive resorts are mainly located in Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and a select few in the Bahamas. These resorts are secure and safe, and offer a slew of amenities, dining options, and activities on-site.
Next, decide what type of all-inclusive vacation you’d like to take. Are you looking for a romantic all-inclusive resort to share with that special someone? There are many resorts that tout romantic ambiance, but do allow the happy couple to bring the whole family along. Then there are some resorts that cater exclusively to adults or even resorts that are just for couples, for the ultimate adults-only all-inclusive vacation.
- The premier destination for couples, families & adventurers
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily including premium foods
- All drinks including premium alcoholic beverages & more
Saint Lucia | Exclusive Offers on Winter Escapes
- Luxury ocean view suites, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Live entertainment, daily activities, 3 swimming pools, Wi-Fi
- All-suite resort w/ tennis/basketball court, fitness center +
Los Cabos | 45% Off Plus Up to $200 Flight Credit
- Sailing Nov. 2020 from Berlin to Prague
- Free Wi-Fi, excursions and beverages
- Sail through Germany and Switzerland
Viking River Cruises | 9-Day Elbe River on Viking Astrild
- Plus $100 resort credit - book by 11/17
- All-adults /all-inclusive - travel now thru Dec 2020
- All new Haven Riviera Cancun all-suites adults resort & spa
Cancun | Luxury All-Suites Resort & Spa up to 65% Off
- Receive up to $635 instant credit & more
- Book your all-inclusive vacation online for bonus $25 credit
- 11 restaurants, 7 bars including swim-up bars, all tips & more
Grand Antigua | Up to 65% Off All-Inclusive Resort
- Book now & save up to 60%
- Stay 7 nights & receive $1,000 in vacation inclusions
- $525 instant air credit
Serenity at Coconut Bay | Saint Lucia All-Inclusive Resort
- Book by Dec. 15 for upcoming season!
- Convenient ski-in / ski-out location
- 3 hearty meals included in your rate
4th Day Ski Free at Alta Lodge, Salt Lake City
- Special offer! Book by Dec. 15
- Convenient lodging close to ski areas
- Ski for free on your fourth day on the slopes
4th Day Ski Free in Ski City | Salt Lake City, UT
- All suites resort with jacuzzi in every room
- Up to $3000 resort credit
- Nightclub & large casino
All-Inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Punta Cana
- 60% off rooms + $125 spa credit
- 3 jacuzzis + 3 pools
- Children under 12 stay free!
All-Inclusive Holiday Inn Resort Aruba
- Save up to 40% on rooms + Free Wi-Fi!
- Newest Melia and most popular all-inclusive resort!
- Fun entertainment with live shows & theme nights
All Inclusive Melia Nassau Beach
But don’t let all this talk of romantic getaways discourage you; there are many resorts that are perfect for an all inclusive family vacation, offering comprehensive children’s programs and activities and entertainment for all ages. Many all-inclusive resorts blend these family amenities with indulgent escapes for adults; guests at these all-inclusive resorts are a nice mix of families, friends and couples.
Now that you’ve thought about what type of all-inclusive resort you’d like to visit, the search can begin! Read each resort’s website and make sure you know what “all-inclusive” includes at each resort. For example, at most all-inclusive resorts alcoholic beverages are included, but premium brands may not be, and at some the all-inclusive plan may just cover non-alcoholic beverages. Non-motorized water sports such as kayaking are also usually included, but motorized water sports like jet skiing are not. All-inclusive resorts will almost always have a detailed description of their all-inclusive plan available on their website, so definitely do your research before reaching for your wallet.
Some resorts advertise themselves as “24-hour all-inclusive resorts” – this means that you will have access to unlimited food and drinks 24 hours a day, while those resorts that are not open 24-hrs will usually specify meal times for you to follow. Speaking of food, do you consider fine dining a pre-requisite for a great vacation? If so, you may want to focus your search on 4- or 5-star all-inclusive resorts, which offer a variety of specialty restaurants and diverse menus. Less expensive all-inclusive resorts usually feature a lot of buffet-style dining.
Now that you’re armed with the basics of shopping for the perfect all-inclusive vacation, browse this week’s top vacation deals at top vacation deals.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more