In recent years, all-inclusive vacations have surged to the forefront of Americans’ travel plans due to their convenience and affordability, offering much-needed relief in this struggling economy. As a result, the market has been flooded with all-inclusive vacation deals, but don’t be fooled – not all all-inclusive resorts are created equally!
To all-inclusive or not to all-inclusive? Before booking an all-inclusive vacation, think carefully about what constitutes your ideal vacation. If you prefer to explore your destination thoroughly and plan on spending little time at the resort, then an all-inclusive vacation might not be for you. However, if you’re dreaming of a beach getaway where you can relax and enjoy being catered to, an all-inclusive vacation would be the perfect choice.
All-inclusive resorts are mainly located in Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, and a select few in the Bahamas. These resorts are secure and safe, and offer a slew of amenities, dining options, and activities on-site. The only all-inclusive resort in the United States, the Club Med Sandpiper, is set in South Florida.
Next, decide what type of all-inclusive vacation you’d like to take. Are you looking for a romantic all-inclusive resort to share with that special someone? There are many resorts that tout romantic ambiance, but do allow the happy couple to bring the whole family along. Then there are some resorts that cater exclusively to adults or even resorts that are just for couples, for the ultimate adults-only all-inclusive vacation.
- Book now and get resort credits
- Beachfront adults-only resort
- First-class gourmet dining
Cancun | Up to 70% off All-Inclusive
- Plus enjoy a free upgrade
- All-suites, all-ages luxury resort
- 11 Restaurants, 4 pools, 7 bars
Up to 70% off at Cancun All-Inclusive
- Turquoize by Hyatt Ziva Cancun w/ $200 resort credit
- Exclusive access & an elevated level of privacy
- World-class full-service spa w/ specialized treatments & more
Cancun | Adults-Only All-Inclusive up to 75% Off
- Adults-only w/ up to $200 flight credit - book by 4/14
- Multiple pools, beautiful grounds, daytime activities
- Near main shopping centers, nightclubs, golf courses & more
Punta Cana All-Inclusive | Up to 60% Off Summer Dates
- Save an extra 15% - use code SUPER15
- Exceptional service and beautiful, tropical environment
- Adults-only & family-friendly pools, 1st-class sports facilities
Jamaica | Up to 35% Off All-Inclusive 4-Star Resort
- $150 Flight credit & two kids stay free
- Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits
- Kids and teens daily supervised activities & more
Los Cabos | 50% Off All-Inclusive Reflect Krystal Grand
- Save up to 35% with all-inclusive
- Named one of the world’s “Top 100” courses
- Championship golf course welcomes players of every level
Play The Bahamas' #1 Golf Course at Grand Lucayan
- Plus up to 70% off rates
- Family-friendly Ocean Riviera Paradise
- 10 Restaurants and 12 bars
Free Room Upgrade at Cancun All-Inclusive
- $250 Flight credit
- Luxury adults-only Ocean El Faro El Beso
- Spacious junior suite sleeps 2
60% Off Brand New Punta Cana All-Inclusive
- Plus kids stay free
- Enjoy an all new junior suite
- Featuring catamaran rides & more
Up to 52% Off All-Inclusive Jamaica Resort Vacations
- Plus Spa discounts & flight credits
- Adults only & family friendly options
- Excellence Group Luxury Hotels & Resorts
Caribbean & Mexico Vacations | All-Inclusives Up to 60% Off
But don’t let all this talk of romantic getaways discourage you; there are many resorts that are perfect for an all inclusive family vacation, offering comprehensive children’s programs and activities and entertainment for all ages. Many all-inclusive resorts blend these family amenities with indulgent escapes for adults; guests at these all-inclusive resorts are a nice mix of families, friends and couples.
Now that you’ve thought about what type of all-inclusive resort you’d like to visit, the search can begin! Read each resort’s website and make sure you know what “all-inclusive” includes at each resort. For example, at most all-inclusive resorts alcoholic beverages are included, but premium brands may not be, and at some the all-inclusive plan may just cover non-alcoholic beverages. Non-motorized water sports such as kayaking are also usually included, but motorized water sports like jet skiing are not. All-inclusive resorts will almost always have a detailed description of their all-inclusive plan available on their website, so definitely do your research before reaching for your wallet.
Some resorts advertise themselves as “24-hour all-inclusive resorts” – this means that you will have access to unlimited food and drinks 24 hours a day, while those resorts that are not open 24-hrs will usually specify meal times for you to follow. Speaking of food, do you consider fine dining a pre-requisite for a great vacation? If so, you may want to focus your search on 4- or 5-star all-inclusive resorts, which offer a variety of specialty restaurants and diverse menus. Less expensive all-inclusive resorts usually feature a lot of buffet-style dining.
Now that you’re armed with the basics of shopping for the perfect all-inclusive vacation, browse this week’s top vacation deals at top vacation deals.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more