Unexpected Art Locales In New York City
One of the most famous cities on the planet, New York City, is bursting with activities for the art connoisseur with popular museums, theaters, and galleries across the boroughs. Outside of museums, one can find art on the streets, and even underground in the subways.
Finding art in unexpected places is possible in such a large city because of the dedication of citizens to create a mecca of creativity and expression. Here you can find art in the form of baths, houses, parks, and even a tea room filled with old charm of a different era.
Aire Ancient Baths
Reminiscent of ancient Greek and Roman bathhouses, you can indulge and supposedly cure ailments in one of these baths. Take a dip in the private pools, allowing only 20 people at a time, and creating an intimate and relaxing experience.
The style of the baths will remind you of ancient architecture, and the floating romantic candles are perfect for a romantic getaway, or relaxing day away from the hustle and bustle of the streets nearby.
Pelham Bay Park
You won’t even realize you’re still in New York when you arrive at Pelham Bay Park. Three times the size of Central Park, it's easy to stroll the walkways, admiring the lush gardens and foliage for hours, and enjoy peace and quiet.
The park is the site of the Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum. This mansion from the 1830s, with restored gardens and a carriage house, is open to tourists throughout the year. The museum offers programs, tours and events for all ages and hosts theater performances and other shows throughout the year, so there is always something happening.
Within the park is Orchard Beach, a one-mile stretch of sand and ocean rivaling great beaches across the country. There are large picnic areas, sports courts for basketball, volleyball, and handball, and a central pavilion with snacks and food. Also within the park is the newly renovated Pelham Bay Golf Course, along with Split Rock, resulting in 26 holes for amateurs and pros to enjoy. Take the whole family and enjoy the putting and chipping green onsite.
- Sails June 4, 2022 from Seattle
- Up to $500 in shipboard credit
- Visit Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, & Victoria
7-Nt Alaska Cruise on Crown Princess
- Depart from Rome on June 4, 2022
- Drinks, tips, Wi-Fi + up to $500 ship credit
- Ports in Italy, France & Spain
7-Nt W. Med. Cruise on Celebrity Edge
- 10% off spa treatments, late check-out fee & laundry service
- 20% off balinese bed & nightly rates
- Adults only resort
Sanctuary Cap Cana All-Inclusive Adults Only Resort
- Drinks, dining, Wi-Fi, ship credit & more
- Depart from New York on June 5, 2022
- Up to $500 ship credit
7-Nt Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Joy
- Departs Oct 25, 2022 from Los Angeles
- $1,000 shipboard credit plus 50% reduced deposits
- Free 2-category suite upgrade
9-Nt Mexico w/ $1000 Ship Credit & Suite Upgrade
- Free pre- & post-cruise land programs
- Free 2-category suite upgrade plus 50% reduced deposits
- $1,000 shipboard credit
10-Nt South America Cruise w/ Extended Explorations
- Explore this unique capital city at your pace
- Includes superior hotels w/ daily breakfast
- Enjoy an optional dinner and tango show
Air & 6-Day Buenos Aires Self-Guided Getaway Pkg.
- Independent tour w/ hotels, ferries & more
- Athens - Mykonos - Santorini
- Visit the Acropolis and Theater of Dionysus in Athens
Air & 8-Day Island Hopping Greece Getaway
- 3rd night free when you book a 2 night stay through 7/31/2022
- Enjoy uncrowded beaches, sip local wines & savor fresh seafood
- 20+ hotels in the area to choose from
Get Your 3rd Night Free In Santa Barbara
- Excursions included - from Paris to Normandy
- Enjoy refined French cuisine onboard
- Free Wi-Fi, welcome cocktails, and more
6-Day Seine River Cruise w/ Drinks | 2-For-1 in Oct.
- Recapture bliss at Dominican Republic’s best-kept secret
- Book direct offers such as 20% off Balinese Beds
- Underwent recent $45 million modernization
20% Off | Adults-Only All-Incl. Sanctuary Cap Cana
Explore the art of poetry and take in beautiful views of the city at the Poets House. You can step back in time with pages from famous authors and poets across the world.
This library frequently hosts reading and events for the whole family. Over 70,000 volumes of poetry lie within the walls, so you’re sure to find all your favorite writers. Knowledgeable librarians and staff are around to give recommendations and help you discover a new great masterpiece.
The Met Cloisters
This museum overlooking the Hudson River is dedicated to medieval architecture, art, and sprawling gardens. Stroll through the garden and walk through the gothic chapels and halls.
It holds around 5,000 works from the 12th-15th century and a ticket will also get you into the sister museums Bruer and Fifth Avenue.
The Russian Tea Room
This tea room is a lasting symbol of a bygone era of aristocracy in New York, and one of the oldest standing attractions around.
Join them for lunch, dinner, and high tea throughout the week to sip luxurious teas, relax in comfortable chairs, and view the grand artwork on the walls which are decorated in glamorous Russian style.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more