Choose a Great Monterey Hotel for the Perfect Vacation
For history buffs, these hotels in Monterey offer world-class luxury and service in the heart of the city’s historic downtown and Cannery Row neighborhoods.
With its mixture of old dives and restaurants, historic blocks and rugged coastal scenery, Monterey has always offered travelers a gateway to the past. This holds especially true in the neighborhoods of Downtown Monterey and Cannery Row, which are situated side by side on the northern, ocean-facing side of the city.
- 43 guest rooms and 2 suites
- Close to the Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Hot tub, heated outdoor swimming pool, business center and more
Best Western De Anza Inn in Monterey
- Walk to town, park and beach
- Premium rooms have fireplaces
- Onsite restaurant + Pet friendly lodging
Hotel Abrego in Monterey
- Bay views from rooftop garden
- Picturesque inn with in-room fireplaces
- Mini-bar, en-suite bath, & exclusive toiletries
Spindrift Inn in Monterey
- Less than 1/2 mile from city center
- Kitchenettes, adjoining rooms, & fireplaces
- Free Continental breakfast; dining nearby
Colton Inn in Monterey
- Indulge your aqua and nature side
- Inexpensive and cvomfortable accommodations
- Near breathtaking coastal scenic areas
Best Western Park Crest Inn in Monterey
- Free continental breakfast & Wi-Fi
- 5-min drive from Monterey city center
- Restaurants include the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Holiday Inn Express Monterey-Cannery Row
- Free WiFi
- On-site pool, gym, restaurant, & bar
- Three Flags Cafe offers an all-American buffet breakfast
- Most popular 3-star hotel in town
- Restaurant, bar/lounge, fully-equipped spa
- Outdoor pool and patio with bar service
Casa Munras Hotel & Spa in Monterey
- Walking distance to the beach + restaurants
- 3 restaurants, full-service spa, & outdoor pool
- 4 stars hotel boasting restaurants with delicious cuisine
Portola Hotel & Spa Monterey
Cannery Row was even immortalized in the John Steinbeck book of the same name, and later in its sequel Sweet Thursday. Of course, if you’d like to immerse yourself in the area’s storied history, your best bet is to keep these areas in mind when searching for hotels in Monterey.
Many of the places listed below stay true to their historic locales by preserving their original architecture and decorating with Victorian-era details—while also adding all of the modern amenities one comes to expect from a luxury hotel. And with Dunhill Travel Deals, you can find the best deals on some of these prime locations without going through your savings.
Situated in a historic building befitting its Downtown location, The Monterey Hotel places visitors in the heart of Old Monterey with exemplary service, spacious rooms and amenities like a complimentary breakfast buffet and spa facilities.
This charming three-story stucco hotel has a look that’s both quaint and distinctly Californian. Built in the 80’s in a style meant to evoke the past, this award-winning waterfront Monterey hotel in the heart of the Cannery Row district is ideal for travelers on a romantic getaway. The inside decor is elegant, with great ocean views available in many of the rooms and suites.
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa
Overlooking the scenic Monterey Bay, this incredible Monterey hotel and spa has it all. A rooftop spa deck is one of the featured attractions here for a reason—just imagine yourself enjoying a relaxing soak in a spa-grade tub, with a fresh breeze hitting in your face and the sound of the crashing waves lulling you into a tranquil state. All this, plus luxurious rooms, gourmet food, and excellent service, await at this much-loved gem.
Sit by the fireplace in your own private suite at this Monterey hotel. Hotel Pacific gives visitors all the room they need to feel right at home, and just a short walk away from many of Monterey’s top attractions. The modern decor retains a soothing nautical theme of whites and blues, and all staff is trained to make your visit as relaxing as possible.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more