Holland America Noordam
Named for the northern compass point, the Noordam is a sister ship to the Oosterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. It was launched in 2006 with a length of 936 feet and guest capacity of 1,916. Like her sisters, the Noordam is full of artworks, from museum quality 19th-century oil paintings to contemporary photographs. There are delightful artistic surprises everywhere you look.
Because of its small size, cruises aboard the Noordam give passengers an intimate experience with many opportunities to meet new friends and gather for conversation in quiet spaces. The pace is relaxing and leisurely. Even in the evenings, the music venues are reserved and sophisticated; they only get lively in the piano bar and B.B. King's Blues Club.
Home ports for the Noordam ring the Pacific. She sails from Vancouver, Sydney, Auckland and Honolulu with trans-Pacific crossings in May and October. In the winter months, she sails around Australia, New Zealand and the South Seas Islands. During the summer, Alaska cruises are offered from Seward, and the Noordam sails along the coast and through the Inside Passage to Vancouver.
Awards for Holland America's Noordam
Cruise Critic Cruisers' Choice Awards
- 2017 Best Cruise Ship for Value, Shore Excursions, Public Rooms, Fitness & Recreation, Dining and Cabins
- 2016 Best Cruise Ship Overall
- 2016 Best Cruise Ship for Value, Service, Public Rooms, Entertainment, Dining and Cabins
Noordam has 986 cabins, and around two-thirds have balconies. Some staterooms are equipped with sofa beds for additional guests. The beds are Holland America's signature Mariner's Dream beds with plush Euro-Top mattresses. Cabins include a safe, mini-bar, hair dryer and a small flat-screen TV. A DVD player and movies can be ordered for no additional fee.
Size: 151-233 sq. ft.
Occupancy: 1-2 guests
Inside rooms have two lower beds convertible to one queen-size bed with plush Euro-Top mattress, premium massage shower head and a host of amenities are featured in these affordable staterooms.
Ocean View Stateroom
Size: 174-180 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
These expansive staterooms include two lower beds convertible to one queen-size bed with plush Euro-Top mattress, premium massage shower head, a host of amenities and an ocean view through a large window or porthole.
Size: 212-359 sq. ft.
Occupancy: 1-2 guests
The Verandah staterooms feature a queen-size bed, a bath tub with premium massage shower head and a spacious verandah accessible via floor-to-ceiling sliders. There is a small seating area with a desk.
Size: 372-384 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 3 guests
These large suites feature a seating area with cocktail table, a spacious verandah accessible by floor-to-ceiling sliders, and a queen-size bed. A single sofa bed provides room for one extra guest. The bath has a dual-sink vanity and full-size tub.
Size: 500-712 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
The Neptune Suite includes access to the Neptune Lounge and a concierge. The room is furnished with a king-size bed, separate dressing room and a bathroom with lots of storage, a dual-sink vanity, a whirlpool tub and separate shower. Some have a sofa bed for two additional guests.
Size: 1150 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Including a living room, dining room, pantry with microwave and a private verandah with hot tub, the Pinnacle Suites are spacious and comfortable. The bedroom has a king-size bed, a separate dressing room and a full-size whirlpool tub. There is a sofa bed for extra guests and a guest bathroom. Guests have exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge and other free amenities.
* Images shown may not reflect the actual cabin you'll be booking.
Entertainment & Activities
Entertainment on the Noordam includes cooking seminars and workshops; musical performances from classical to blues; and the comedy, song and dance showcased in the Mainstage theater. Guests can see a resident cast of singers and dancers in the Vista Lounge, backed up by large LED screens. Comedians and magicians also perform here.
America's Test Kitchen offers cooking classes like "We Love Chocolate" and "Lunch for a Rainy Day." These cooking demos are very popular, so be sure to arrive early. For guests who aren't interested in cooking, there are opportunities to participate in team trivia contests, bingo, dancing, and instruction on folding towels into animal shapes. Passengers can relax and rejuvenate at the elegant Greenhouse Spa & Salon, where spa services include facial treatments with naturally sourced ingredients. The expertly delivered massage treatments employ techniques from around the world.
For active passengers, there is a professionally staffed fitness center equipped with the latest cardio and weight machines. Try a spinning class with indoor cycling, try a Pilates class, or work out at your own pace. You can also head out for fresh air and exercise on deck, where you'll find basketball and volleyball courts.
Evening entertainment is where the Noordam really shines. Passengers can get a groove on in B.B. King's Blues Club on Deck 2 when the Blues Club All-Star Band takes the stage (three times a night), to belt out funk, soul, rock 'n' roll and blues. It's the most dynamic entertainment onboard and a good spot for a lively nightcap.
Dining on the Noordam is an elegant experience, with first-class food in every venue. The Noordam has a number of included restaurants along with three specialty dining options. Children's menu, vegetarian and gluten-free options are available throughout the ship.
- Vista Dining Room - The large two-story dining room is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a variety of menu options, including vegan, vegetarian and locally inspired cuisine. Dinners are served in four courses, so appetizers, soup and desserts are included. Fixed seatings for dinner are at 5:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. each night, with open seating between 5:15 and 9 p.m.
- Lido Restaurant - This buffet on Deck 9 has great views and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lido is a marketplace-style buffet in a cafeteria setting, where passengers select items from various stations, along with several made-to-order options. There is no extra charge in the Lido Restaurant and it is open from 7 a.m. to midnight with different menu items available at different times.
- Dive-In Grill - On the Lido Deck, you can find the snack foods you crave at the Dive-In Grill: hamburgers, tacos, nachos and burritos. Open for lunch, 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. No extra charge.
- Afternoon Tea - Served every afternoon at 3 p.m. in the Vista Dining Room, afternoon tea offers a variety of teas, finger sandwiches, pastries, scones and sweets such as profiteroles, tiramisu and fruit tartlets.
- Pinnacle Grill - Truly a pinnacle of dining experiences, this exclusive restaurant serves world-class cuisine on the finest china and crystal. Mouth-watering steak and seafood, and an extensive international wine list provide a great opportunity for a romantic dinner by the sea. Cost is $35 per person.
- Canaletto - Named after a famous Italian artist, this Italian-themed restaurant serves a variety of Italian and Mediterranean specialties, including vegetarian options. This is a very popular venue, so do get a reservation. Three courses are served for $15 per person.
- Explorations Cafe - This cafe, presented by The New York Times, serves as a for-fee gourmet coffee shop, but there are usually plates of free cookies and other baked treats for the taking. It's a nice place for reading a good book or playing a game of chess.
Find Your Holland America Cruise
- Sailing on Nov. 3, 2020 - More itineraries below
- Free shore excursion and cocktail party
- Save 10% on shore excursions in Hawaii
18-Nt Hawaii Cruise from San Diego on HAL Koningsdam
- Sailing on Oct. 7 - More itineraries below
- Up to $1500 to spend onboard
- Take 10% off your shore excursions
12-Nt Mexico Cruise on Holland America Maasdam
- Sailing Sept. 27, 2020 - See more itineraries below
- Reduced deposits and coupon book
- 10% off shore excursions
10-Nt Canada / New England Cruise Canada on Zuiderdam
- Sailing on Oct. 24, 2020 - More itineraries below
- Up to $1500 onboard credits per cabin
- Save 10% on shore excursions
7-Nt Pacific Coastal Cruise on the Holland America Volendam
Meet the Holland America Fleet
Search for Cruises & Compare Deals!
Signup for Cruise Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more