Holland America Nieuw Statendam
Launched in December of 2018, the Nieuw Statendam is the sister ship to the Koningsdam, and is Holland America's second Pinnacle Class vessel. Built by Fincantieri ship builders of Italy, the 935-foot long ship has 12 passenger decks and carries 2,650 passengers. The Nieuw Statendam features an impressive three-deck-high central atrium with a stainless-steel sculpture. The ship's godmother is none other than Oprah Winfrey, who officially dedicated the vessel on Feb. 2, 2019 on a cruise from Fort Lauderdale.
Nieuw Statendam shows off a passion for the arts with an astounding collection of more than 2,000 one-of-a-kind artworks from the world’s top artists. It's one of the largest art collections at sea, and the effects can be seen everywhere you look. Carrying on the muscial tradition of other Holland America ships, this ship features live performances in multiple venues, including Lincoln Center Stage, Billboard Onboard, Rolling Stone Rock Room and B.B. King's Blues Club.
Twelve enclosed passenger decks include seven stateroom types, and some are equipped with sofa beds for additional guests. For those traveling alone, there are special solo ocean view cabins on request. The beds are all Holland America's signature Mariner's Dream beds with plush Euro-Top mattresses. Spa amenities can be added to Inside, Ocean View, Verandah and Neptune staterooms. Cabins include a safe, mini-bar, hair dryer, DVD player and flat-screen TVs.
Size: 143-225 sq. ft.
Occupancy: 1-2 guests
The Inside Staterooms have a comfortable queen-size bed with signature Mariner's Dream bedding and a plush Euro-Top mattress. The bathroom features a premium massage shower head. Spa amenities may be added, including a yoga mat and access to the spa or fitness room.
Ocean View, Family Ocean View
Size: 175-282 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 5 guests
Ocean View and Family Ocean View cabins include two lower beds convertible to a queen-size bed with a plush Euro-Top mattress, premium shower head and a window or porthole for ocean views. Family Ocean View rooms include a sofa bed, queen bed and upper bed to sleep five.
Size: 228-405 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Verandah Suites have floor-to-ceiling windows with access to a private terrace, two twin beds convertible to a queen-size bed, a comfortable sitting area with table, and a shower with massaging shower head. Some may have a sofa bed for two additional guests.
Size: 260-356 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
The Vista Suites have a large sitting area, a queen-size bed, a private verandah and a floor-to-ceiling glass door. Some also have a sofa bed that sleeps two guests. The cabin is equipped with a refrigerator and the bathroom has a massaging shower head.
Size: 393-400 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
This is a comfortable and spacious room with a private verandah, queen-size bed, a sofa bed and a Murphy bed, so you can sleep four guests. There is a large sitting area, a bathroom with a dual-sink vanity, a full size bathtub with whirlpool and a separate shower.
Size: 465-502 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
Floor-to-ceiling windows overlook a private balcony. With a king-size bed, sitting area with sofa, and a bathroom with dual sinks, there is plenty of room for four. You'll have either a shower or a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. Guests get exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge, private concierge and complimentary services, snacks and drinks.
Size: 1,290 sq. ft.
Occupancy: Up to 4 guests
The Pinnacle Suite features a king-size bed, sofa bed for two guests in a separate living room, a dining room, pantry, mini-bar, refrigerator, microwave, dressing room, guest bath, floor-to-ceiling windows and private stereo system, as well as a huge balcony with a whirlpool. Guests in the Pinnacle Suite have access to the Neptune Lounge as well as a free bottle of sparkling wine, free hors d'oeuvres before dinner, in suite daily breakfast and priority boarding.
* Images shown may not reflect the actual cabin you'll be booking.
Entertainment & Activities
Holland America partners with Rolling Stone Magazine to present the Rolling Stone Rock Room, created to offer an outlet for passengers looking for a lively evening experience. The Music Walk, a collection of musical venues and performances is open every night with an ever-changing schedule, from blues to classical and popular. Fujifilm enhances the onboard photo experience with an interactive photo and souvenir studio called Wonder Photo. Video-editing skills are taught at a Digital Workshop powered by Windows®.
While on board guests can also enjoy hands-on cooking workshops from America's Test Kitchen, and bring home the skills to make gourmet dishes. Popular workshops include "We Love Chocolate" and "Lunch for a Rainy Day." The line's partnership with Oprah Magazine is evident in the onboard programming with yoga, meditation, book clubs and workshops. And travelers will love the BBC Earth Experiences presentation at the spectacular two-story World Stage. Between workshops and presentations, guests can relax by the pool or rejuvenate in the Greenhouse Spa & Salon.
Included in cruise fare is an innovative program called Explorations Central™ (EXC™). This helps guests discover the connections that unite people across borders and cultures. It is immersive onboard programing designed to make the voyage more interesting and meaningful. From EXC Talks,™ to EXC Encounters™ to a chat with your EXC Guide™, you’ll feel the character of one corner of the world come to life.
Dining on the Nieuw Statendam is world-class, and a highlight of every cruise, with a Master Chef onboard making sure food and service are perfect. Children's menus, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options are available throughout the dining rooms.
- Main Dining Room - A two-story dining room open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with white linens and sparkling crystal, the dining room offers a variety of menu options, including vegetarian and locally inspired cuisine. Dinners can be ordered in five courses with recommended wines. You can eat at any time from 5:15 to 9:30 p.m., or choose a traditional seating schedule, either early seating at 5:45 p.m. or main seating at 8:00 p.m. Reservations required.
- Lido Market - Buffet format open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Choose from a wide variety of choices at specialty stations including the Breadboard, Wild Harvest, the Homestead, Distant Lands, Sweet Spot, Market Central and more. At breakfast, guests will find an omelet station, fresh orange juice, eggs and pancakes. Lunch includes international cuisine, and for dinner, the buffet serves the same menu items as the main dining room. There is no extra charge in the Lido Restaurant.
- Grand Dutch Cafe - The food is free here, but the specialty coffees and the beer on tap are not. This cafe specializes in Dutch dishes and treats, which might taste a little different to non-Dutch palates. You'll find pickled herring, a type of french fry (friets) in mayo and a veal ragout sandwich, plus pancake variations.
- Dive-In at the Terrace Grill - This casual poolside venue offers al fresco dining and perfectly grilled burgers, hamburgers, pizza, sandwiches, tacos and hot dogs. No extra charge; it is open 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- New York Pizza - In this snack bar located near the Lido pool, the pizzas are made-to-order with various toppings or guests can pick their own ingredients. The thin-crust pies come out piping hot in individual-sized portions and can be paired with salads and desserts. Open 11:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Afternoon Tea - Served on all Holland America ships, this is a tradition to enjoy with a delicious variety of teas, cookies, cakes, biscuits and finger sandwiches.
- Pinnacle Grill - Truly a pinnacle of dining experiences, Pinnacle Grill restaurant resembles a good steakhouse with rich, plush decor and wine bottles lining one wall. This restaurant places a heavy emphasis on excellent meat dishes, and serves meals on the finest china and crystal. A premier dining venue, the Pinnacle also has an extensive international wine list. Cost is $35 per person.
- Rudi's Sel de Mer - The French-styled restaurant serves up seafood in a traditional brasserie setting, in which fresh fish and shellfish are brought to your table so you can choose. Sel de Mer serves classics such as escargots bourguignonne, bouillabaisse and salt-crusted whole fish, sometimes procured locally at the pier. Pricing is ala carte.
- Tamarind - Food at Tamarind is Pan-Asian with dishes from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China and Vietnam. A large variety of Asian delicacies, from dim sum to sushi and curry, are served every night for a $25 per person fee. Open for dinner.
- Canaletto - Named after a famous Italian artist, this Italian-themed restaurant serves a variety of Italian and Mediterranean specialties. Appetizers might include antipasti, risotto or beef carpaccio; pasta dishes include shrimp ravioli and gnocchi. Three courses are served for $15 per person. Reservations are recommended.
- Le Cirque is only open for one night per sailing, in the same venue as the Pinnacle Grill. This popular restaurant received the James Beard Award for Restaurant of the Year, so you know it's a special experience. Cost is $49 per person.
- Explorations Cafe - Indulge in a leisurely cup of coffee and fresh pastry at this coffee shop, powered by The New York Times. This coffee house environment features one of the most extensive libraries at sea. Explorations Cafe offers snacks throughout the day including fruit cups, yogurts and pastries in the morning; finger sandwiches and cookies midday; and sweets in the evening, priced a la carte.
- G Gelato - Enjoy this classic European dessert made fresh on board in a variety of delicious flavors and styles. A la carte menu pricing. Open 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Find Your Holland America Cruise
- Sailing on Oct. 7 - More itineraries below
- Up to $1500 to spend onboard
- Take 10% off your shore excursions
12-Nt Mexico Cruise on Holland America Maasdam
- Sailing on Oct. 24, 2020 - More itineraries below
- Up to $1500 onboard credits per cabin
- Save 10% on shore excursions
7-Nt Pacific Coastal Cruise on the Holland America Volendam
- Sailing on Nov. 3, 2020 - More itineraries below
- Free shore excursion and cocktail party
- Save 10% on shore excursions in Hawaii
18-Nt Hawaii Cruise from San Diego on HAL Koningsdam
- Sailing Sept. 27, 2020 - See more itineraries below
- Reduced deposits and coupon book
- 10% off shore excursions
10-Nt Canada / New England Cruise Canada on Zuiderdam
Meet the Holland America Fleet
Search for Cruises & Compare Deals!
Signup for Cruise Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more