A Guide to Fall Foliage in the Northeast
The changing of the leaves is something to behold. Book hotels in the northeast now using our handy guide below and see the multi-hued foliage at its peak.
Autumn is a wonderful time of year. The air turns crisp, and the leaves begin their glorious and colorful metamorphosis. The Northeast is an ideal place to catch fall foliage, and with plenty of hotels in the Northeast, you can easily plan a cozy getaway. Depending on where you choose to visit in the region, you’ll likely want to schedule the trip as close to possible for when leaf peeping is at its most vibrant, peak.
- Pet-friendly, Starbucks in lobby, nearby CoCo Key Waterpark
- Fitness center, health club, meeting and business facilities
- On-site TradeWinds Restaurant & Lounge, hotel bar, indoor pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore in Danvers
- Close to historic central Philadelphia
- Complimentary buffet breakfast every morning
- 97 spacious and comfortable rooms
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
- 4-star hotel with bar/lounge near Carnegie Hall
- Free Wi-Fi in every room!
- Kitchenette in each room perfect for family vacations
The Manhattan Club
- Free daily breakfast & WiFi included
- 4-star hotel w/ on-site wine cellar
- Located near Penn's Landing, Betsy Ross House & much more
Hotel Penn's View in Philadelphia
- On the boardwalk, restaurant plus 3 bars & lounges on property
- Golfing nearby, walk to Atlantic City Beach, arcade room
- Indoor pool, free pool cabanas, Wi-Fi in rooms & more
The Claridge a Radisson Hotel in Atlantic City
- Pet friendly, free parking, free Wi-Fi, free breakfast buffet
- 3-stars, indoor swimming pool, fitness center & sport court
- Wellness center/spa, conference rooms, convenience store
Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport Egg Harbor Township
- Heated indoor swimming pool, close to Sesame Place
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi, restaurant, room service, hotel bar
- On-site gym, spa, close to attractions and shopping center
Radisson Hotel Philadelphia Northeast in Trevose
- Includes free WiFi & parking
- Located in Center City Philadelphia
- Reading Terminal Market is half a mile away from the hotel
The Independent in Philadelphia
- Free daily breakfast & WiFi included
- Located close to the Atlantic City Country Club
- Private beachfront location
Holiday Inn Express Atlantic City W Pleasantville
- 4-star hotel near Madison Square Garden with great views
- Area shuttle around town + in room fridge
- Free Wi-Fi
The Gregory Hotel New York
- Located in the Stone Street Historic District
- Comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and climate control
- On-site Antica Ristorante with international cuisine options
DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial District
While the beauty of the seasonal foliage remains for much of the season before winter truly begins to set in (though the stark and cool beauty of a Northeastern winter offers much to admire, as well), it’s nice to go when fall colors are in full turn. So, we’ve crafted a guide to help you figure out the best times to visit your destination of choice. Once you get your dates and destination in order, there’s no better place to find great deals on the best Northeast hotels than on Dunhill Travel Deals.
Visit New York towards the end of September and throughout October to see the state’s red, orange, and yellow foliage. While you may be able to see some of the fall colors on a city getaway—in places like Central Park and Fort Tryon Park especially—your best best is heading north to the mountainous, gorgeous Adirondack and Catskill regions of the state.
Check into a Northeast hotel in Connecticut, then venture out on a leisurely drive to see yellow, orange, and red hues. Here, peak foliage season usually extends from mid-September to mid-to-late October. This is a good time to take in other seasonal activities, such as apple picking or a spooky haunted hayride.
Dominant hues of orange, yellow, and green tend to pop most in the month of October in Massachusetts, with visible changes occurring earliest in the western and southern regions of the state. See the vibrant colors during the day, but stick around till nighttime, as well; the sky in rural Massachusetts is especially clear for stargazing.
For a trip to see New Hampshire’s yellow and red foliage, visit the northern part of the state in late September; the central White Mountain area in early October; and the southern region towards the middle of October. A stay in a luxury Northeast hotel in the White Mountain area, especially, is a perfect way to soak up the season.
From late September to early October, see the orange, purple, and red leaves that dominate Vermont in the fall (or visit early to mid-October if you’re planning on visiting the state’s scenic southern region).
Colors of red, purple, and yellow peak on Maine’s coast in the middle of October, right as that perfect sweater-weather chill begins to set in. If you’re planning on visiting western Maine, head a bit earlier for peak foliage.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more