Here are some benefits of an escorted tour:
Airfare included: Choose your most convenient airport and roundtrip air, many times upgraded, that’s already included in your costs. Most tours will pick you up directly from the airport and take you to your hotel or lodgings for the evening.
Great hotels: You don’t have to worry about finding a clean and safe hotel, as the tour company will handle everything for you. You’ll stay in 4.0 and 5.0-star accommodations across the globe, knowing you and your belongings are safe and secure.
Day tours: You have no chance of getting lost and ending up in another country when you’re on an escorted tour. You’ll be taken from your lodgings on walking, train, motor coach, and other types of tours with knowledgeable English-speaking guides that know the history and facts of their country better than anyone.
Varying itineraries: With varying lengths and stops in each destination, you can find the tour that’s best for your timeline. Departing year-round to destinations across the globe, you can find and plan the right dates and returns for the perfect vacation.
Exciting countries: Go somewhere you never thought possible. You don’t have to worry about safety, changing currency, walking around by yourself, or finding your own transport in a foreign land. You can travel to destinations in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America, all with peace of mind.
All-inclusive price: Bundling airfare, hotel, tours, and food is great on your budget. You can save hundreds and even thousands of dollars by booking an escorted tour over trying to plan all the accommodations by yourself. A lot of tours even include meals, so you’ll get great cuisine from exotic cultures in your fare as well.
Insider knowledge: When you plan a vacation yourself, you’re likely to visit the most touristy and populated areas. With a tour expert, you’ll be exploring small towns and villages, wildlife, and other places only known by locals.
Ideas for your next escorted tour
- Group escorted tour with director and driver
- See Rome, the Vatican, Florence & more
- Incl. daily breakfast and 2 dinners
8-Day Escorted Tour from Rome to Milan
- Save up to $300 on air-inclusive tours
- Guided tour with transportation & breakfast
- Explore France's vineyards & countryside
9-Day Tour from Paris to Marseille
- Guided tour with transportation & breakfast
- Incl. cultural ceremonies and historic sites
- See Lima, Machu Picchu & Cusco
8-Day Tour of the Splendors of Peru
- Incl. breakfast, airfare, transfers
- Take a train to the Lost City of the Incas
- Explore Cusco, the Andes, Lake Titicaca
Air & 9-Day Best of Peru Group Tour
- Incl. train from Sydney to Melbourne
- Explore 2 cultural capitals of Australia
- See the Opera House, The Rocks, Bondi Beach
Air & 9-Day Taste of Australia Small Group Tour
- 4-nts in London w/Stonehenge & Bath
- Personalize your trip with a Local Host
- Incl. hotels, transfers & 1st-class Express Train
10-Day London, York & Edinburgh Tour
- See the city sights of Ireland & England
- 3 nts in each city with a Local Host
- Incl. hotels, 1st-class train & intercity flight
9-Day City Tour of Dublin, Belfast & London
- Roundtrip air on 5-star Emirates
- Tour Athens, cruise to Mykonos, Crete Santorini & more
- 8-nts. first class accommodations, 3-nts. Celestyal cruise
Air & 10-Day Greece Tour w/ Aegean Cruise
How to get the most out of an escorted tour:
Pack light: Flying is difficult as is, and adding on pounds of luggage for unnecessary items only inflames the problem. Leave room in your luggage for souvenirs and anything else you might want to bring home. Don’t forget you can always buy socks wherever you go if you run out.
Pack right: Make sure you know what the weather is when you go, not when you buy. If you’re wearing a parka in the middle of summer or gym shorts in the tundra, your trip will be memorable, but not for the right reasons.
Research ahead: You’ll most likely have some free time during your tour, so knowing what’s around you will help you explore further. You can find fun restaurants, museums, and other attractions that aren’t highlighted on the tour and have an even better experience.
Know your tour: Are you 25 and about to take a tour designed for mature travelers 50 and over? Many tours are designed with a certain demographic in mind, so make sure you know it before you book. Similarly, you can find tours for your interests like adventure, history, romance, and nature.
Plan an escorted tour and stress less when you know everything is already planned out ahead of time. You can instead take more enjoyment in the countryside, safaris, cities, and UNESCO sites you journey through on your vacation.
By: Devyn Woolsey
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more