Norwegian Gem by Norwegian Cruise Line
10-Day E. Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Gem
Third and fourth guests sail free
December 2017 sailing
Packed with fun, comfort and entertainment, Norwegian Gem offers 7 plus day Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries. This mega vessel has numerous dining and bar options, along with daily events, contests, and shows. Every member of your family will have memorable experience aboard this spectacular ship.
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
The "ideal megaship for generations X and Y," the Norwegian Gem ship has entertainment options for every age and taste with a crew of 1,100 serving just under 2,400 guests. Choose from six different types of staterooms, from comfortable rooms inside to The Haven's luxurious suites.
Built in 2007, the Norwegian Gem will be part of a multi-million dollar refurbishment in the fall of 2014. The Norwegian Gem is a Jewel Class cruise ship, along with sister ships Norwegian Jade Norwegian Jewel and Norwegian Pearl. Find unbeatable Norwegian Cruise Line deals, discounts and promotions from Dunhill Travel Deals and save on your Bahamas cruise.
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
Book your next cruise ship vacation and find great Norwegian Cruise Line promotions featured on Dunhill Travel Deals. There are many cabin options to choose from on the Norwegian Gem.
The Haven Suites all include spacious, private balconies, and either queen-size or king-size beds. These suites range in size from 440 to over 4,200 square feet (sf) in the Three-Bedroom Garden Villa Haven Suite. There is room for two to eight guests in these suites and they all include exclusive key card access to The Haven Courtyard area with private restaurant and lounge, and 24-hour butler and concierge service.
Suites offer many luxurious options including butler and concierge service with rooms ranging in size from 334 to 578 square feet. All suites come with a queen-size bed and there are even two-bedroom suites available which accommodate up to six guests. The Norwegian Gem suites have large, private balconies and well equipped living and dining areas.
Mini Suites are perfect if you are looking for a bit more room, while enjoying your cruise ship vacation with Norwegian Cruise Line. These suites offer 285 sf of space, luxury bathrooms with showers and a comfortable sitting area. Mini suites offer room for two guests with two lower beds convertible to a queen bed and additional bedding for up to two more guests.
Balcony Staterooms, all with private balconies and a comfy sitting area, offer guests up to 205 square feet of living space. These staterooms have two lower beds which convert to queen size, plus a convertible sofa bed to give you room for up to four people. If you are traveling with a large family, ask your booking agent about connecting balcony staterooms.
Oceanview Staterooms come equipped with either a porthole or picture window, allowing your entire family spectacular views of the ocean as you are cruising on the Norwegian Gem. These staterooms have two lower beds that can be converted to a queen size bed and added bedding for up to four guests. Oceanview staterooms on the NCL Gem range in size from 155 to 161 sf.
Inside Staterooms on the Gem, with 138 to 143 sf of space, are an affordable way to travel on Norwegian Cruise Line. These staterooms have two lower beds that convert to queen size, with additional bedding for room for up to four guests. If you are looking for a late night snack, give room service a call and they will be happy to bring a tray of goodies to your inside stateroom.
Entertainment & Activities
Your days will be filled with exciting and unique entertainment, dining and activity options aboard the Norwegian Gem. Let the children play at the kids' pool while you relax at the full-service Mandara Spa. Squeeze in a workout at the Body Waves Fitness Center, the jogging/walking track, or the basketball, volleyball and tennis courts.
When night falls, sample a brew at Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar, sip on some bubbly at Magnum's Champagne & Wine Bar, hit the lanes at Bliss Ultra Lounge & Night Club, or choose from 10 other bars and lounges. Catch a live comedy show, don your white attire and join the White Hot Party, or catch Colorz show, an artful blend of color, light and fabric sculptures. Enjoy these fantastic entertainment options and so much more when you choose to sail on a Norwegian Cruise Line special cruise.
Indulge in a tender Prime Rib at Cagney's Steakhouse, visit the salad bar at the Garden Cafe, watch a skilled chef prepare delicious Japanese teppanyaki, or choose from 12 other one-of-a-kind restaurants. Enjoy a variety of cuisine on your next Norwegian Cruise Line discount cruise on board the Norwegian Gem.
Deck 6 Dining Options
- Grand Pacific is one of two complimentary dining rooms on the Gem and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Le Bistro serves up classic French cuisine, such as Coq Au Vin and French onion soup, with a fixed menu price of $20 per person.
- Magenta, open for dinner service only, is the 2nd main dining room, and the food is always free.
Deck 7 Dining Options
- Atrium Cafe is a coffee bar and internet cafe where guests can sip on frozen coffee drinks along with hot coffee, tea and pastries.
- Orchid Garden is an Asian restaurant serving a variety of Japanese, Thai and Chinese meals such as steamed mahi mahi with scallions, shiitake mushrooms and ginger-infused sesame oil. This is a specialty restaurant with a fixed menu price of $15 per guest.
- Sushi Bar offers delectable fresh sashimi and sushi a la carte.
- Teppanyaki is a great place to take the kids as they'll be entertained by the knife-throwing chefs preparing stir fry creations right before your eyes. It's best to make reservations at this 32 seat restaurant to avoid disappointment. Teppanyaki charges a per guest fee of $12.50 for children and $25 for adults.
Deck 8 Dining Options
- Blue Lagoon is a free, 24-hour food court style eatery with a variety of stir fries, fish and chips and other yummy snacks.
- Moderno Brazilian Steakhouse is not for vegetarians. Pasodores continually make the rounds, serving guests select cuts of slow-roasted meat directly from larger skewers. Reservations are suggested as Moderno is a very popular dining option, and there is a fixed menu price of $20 per person.
Deck 12 Dining Options
- Garden Cafe is a free buffet with options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids will enjoy the kids only area, with special foods just for them, and kid-sized tables and chairs.
- Great Outdoors is a free outdoor buffet, offering the same food as the Garden Cafe. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner almost any time of day.
- La Cucina Italian restaurant offers fixed menu pricing of $15. Enjoy classics such as Ossobuco Gremolata, Shrimp Risotto and Vegetable Lasagna while dining family style at large tables.
- Topsiders is a bar & grill lets guests enjoy a quick snack or cool beverage while lounging by the pool.
Deck 13 Dining Options
- Bali Hai Bar & Grill offers free culinary treats including chili con carne, stir fried veggies and grilled sausage.
- Cagney's is the American style steakhouse on board the Norwegian Gem. Enjoy classics like filet mignon, salmon, lamb chops and bone-in ribeye along with all the sides you expect. There is a $30 per guest fee for this specialty restaurant.
Norwegian Cruise Line Deals
4-Day W. Caribbean Cruise on Norwegian Jade
- Third and fourth guests sail free
- January 2018 sailing
- Over 15 dining options to choose from
7-Day Mexico Cruise on Norwegian Star
- December 2017 sailing
- Free At Sea Sale: packages, credits
- Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo
10-Day Mediterranean Cruise: Norwegian Spirit
- February 2018 sailing
- Thrid and fourth guest sail free
- Aquaswim jet exercise pool
7-Day Bahamas Cruise on Norwegian Breakaway
- March 2018 sailing
- Free At Sea Sale: packages, credits
- Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau