A Las Vegas Vacation Package that Won't Break the Bank
By Guest Blogger and Travel Expert Jennifer Pichaco
Your friend Bobby just posted pictures of his trip to Vegas. He had loads of fun and you say “I’m ready for VEGAS too!!!!!” Yes, all those exclamation points are needed, you’re excited! But then you find out your friend Bobby spent $2000 on a 5-day trip. You don’t have $2000. So, you huddle into a fetal position and cry. Well, good news. Just because you’re on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich diet, doesn’t mean you can’t have just as much fun as dear old Bobby. We dug, and dug, and ransacked the internet and came up with a great budget-friendly itinerary that’ll get you to Vegas on the cheap. Why? Because we love to help our fellow travelers discover the world. And, as you know, our motto is “Travel More. Spend Less.”
Alright, so here we go. We did a ton of research. So much so, I think we now have a Ph.D. in Vegas! We crunched the numbers and we came up with this budget-friendly itinerary:
When to go: We’re going to pick 9/4 to 9/8. The temperature is a bit cooler than summer, crowds are winding down, and it’s Labor Day weekend – free vacation day, score!
Airfare: Boston is one of the more expensive departure routes so we chose this as our starting point. You know, we love a challenge. We found a flight for $266 round-trip. (Note: price found on July 21, 2016.) This is a great rate but keep in mind that if you leave from Miami, you’ll pay as little as $157 RT for these same dates. Also, don’t forget about the time difference. A 7 pm plane ride out might seem a bit late but because of the time difference in Nevada, you’ll arrive in Vegas at a decent bedtime. Check your flight options here.
Hotel: You’re on a budget but who says you can’t stay at a 4-star hotel on the famous Strip? We found the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino available from only $62 per night. This rate excludes a daily resort fee of $29. However, we think a 4-star hotel in a great location for $91 per night is still a steal especially since the average rate for this property is $152 per night (excluding daily resort fees). And, did we mention it’s RIGHT ON THE STRIP? No need to pay for cabs to get around.
Total for 4 nights: $363.31
Bonus: Because you’re flying out at night on the 8th you get to spend the day in Vegas without having to pay for a hotel night. Just check out in the morning and the resort will store your bags for free while you go off and explore a bit more.
You’re also going to need a way to get to the hotel from the airport. We’ve got you covered. You can opt to take a 12-minute bus ride for $2-$6 or wave down a taxi and take a short 6-minute ride for $14-$18.
Sight-seeing: There’s lots to do in Sin City. Taking a walk down The Strip and checking out all of the hotels is at the top of our list and it’s FREE! Yep, just walk right in and check out all the awesome décor. One of our favorite properties to explore is The Venetian. The ceilings in that place are amazing! Bellagio is known for its water fountain show, the Treasure Island hotel for its volcanic eruption, and the Circus Circus hotel for their acrobatic performances – all of which are complimentary. A few websites to help with your research:
Here are some other activities that’ll cost you $0:
- The Monte Carlo Resort has 4 pools including a Wave pool and Lazy River. BONUS: as a hotel guest you’ll get a poolside lounge chair – just make sure to reserve it beforehand.
- Take a picture at the famous Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign located south of the strip.
- Most major casinos offer daily gaming lessons. Make sure to get there early.
- Complimentary wine tasting event Thursdays from 6 – 8pm at the Hard Rock Hotel Center Bar. Spots at this event fill up fast so make sure to sign-up well in advance. BONUS: 25% off food at Hard Rock Hotel restaurants with event wristband.
- Visit Fremont Street and enjoy free light shows, a photo op with a million dollars cash at Binion’s, or sign-up for a complimentary Banger Brewing guided tour. BONUS: Select hotels like Binion’s and Four Queens offer free slot pulls where you can win up to $2500.
- Circus Circus Hotel, Casino and Theme Park features Circus Acts. Pass by the hotel any day from 11am – midnight and catch a free acrobatic show. Performances run every 30 minutes.
- Caesars Palace has a fun Fall of Atlantis fountain show with an animatronic display of fire, water and nine-foot-tall talking statues.
- The Flamingo Hotel and Casino has a Wildlife Habitat filled with exotic birds, fish, and turtles.
- Aside from the spectacular fountain show, the Bellagio is also home to the Conservatory & Botanical Gardens. Here you’ll be able see the magical Summer Under the Sea display.
- Get 2 lbs of ground beef in every order
- 48 hours only: take $10 off your first box w/ code DUNHILL
- Offer valid until 10/15/21
Free Ground Beef for Life of Membership
- Sail Jan 30, 2022 from Port Canaveral
- Book now for up to $500 ship credit
- Visit St. Maarten, U.S.V.I., Perfect Day at CocoCay
7-Nt E. Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas
- Sail Dec 4, 2021 from Los Angeles
- Travel insurance + ship credit offers
- Visit Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta
7-Nt Mexico Cruise on Majestic Princess
- Sails Jan 8, 2022 from Los Angeles
- Ship credit offer
- Visit Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan
7-Nt Mexico Cruise on Carnival Panorama
- Sail Apr 9, 2022 from Rome
- Drinks, gratuities & ship credit
- Stop ports in Italy and Montenegro
7-Nt Med Cruise on Azamara Pursuit
- Sails Jan 16, 2022 from Port New Orleans
- Ship credit offer
- Visit Honduras, Belize & Mexico
7-Nt W. Caribbean on Carnival Glory
- Sails Feb 19, 2023 from Port Canaveral
- Includes drinks, dining, ship credit & more
- Visit Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Jamaica & others
7-Nt W. Caribbean on NEW Norwegian Prima
- Sails Nov 7, 2021 from Port of Miami
- Up to $500 ship credit
- Visit Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Cozumel
6-Nt Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Horizon
- Sail Nov 13, 2021 from Galveston
- Up to $500 ship credit & complimentary travel Insurance offers
- Visit Ocho Rios, Cayman Islands & Cozumel
7-Nt W. Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Vista
- Sails Oct 1, 2021 from Seattle
- Up to $500 in shipboard credit & travel insurance
- Visit Ketchikan, Juneau & the Icy Strait
7-Nt Alaska Cruise on Celebrity Millennium
- Sails Feb 12, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale
- Up to $500 in shipboard credit & travel insurance
- Visit Key West, Cozumel, the Cayman Islands, & Jamaica
7-Nt W. Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Reflection
Food: We also found some dining bargains:
So, there you have it. A 5-day Las Vegas vacation package with round-trip airfare, 4-star hotel, and activities for as little as $665 (total includes taxi ride to and from the hotel & airport). And, of course, this rate is based on a solo traveler. Grab a friend, split the hotel and taxis and you’ll save an additional $190. Apply that savings towards food and you’re all set!
Take that, Bobby!
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more