Great Midwest Cities For Family Vacations
You’ll find many luxurious Midwest hotels no matter what Midwestern city you choose to visit. Plot any of these city getaways and prepare to live it up.
You have a long weekend ahead with no plans, and you want to make the most of that free time. You want to go somewhere that offers a change of pace, and you don’t want your options to end with where you choose to go. This is the perfect opportunity for a city getaway. What better way to enjoy all of the excitement, access, and luxury that comes with a bustling urban metropolis than by visiting the Midwest?
With both established and on-the-rise cities drawing top talent and creative energy from their more costly coastal counterparts, there’s no better time to visit the country’s vibrant midsection.
With so many great deals on midwest hotels to choose from through Dunhill Travel Deals, you can live it up in the city of your choice with great rooms and amenities like spa facilities, gourmet dining, and complimentary snacks and beverages.
Just choose a city, any city. Here are 5 midwest city getaway choices that are sure to have you coming back for more.
- Large event space and fully equipped conference facilities
- Free parking + Wi-Fi
- Close to Frank Lloyd Wright Studio
Hotel Carleton Of Oak Park Chicago
- Walking distance to shops & galleries
- 5 star rating - Full American breakfast for two daily
- Onsite restaurant: NoMi Kitchen
Park Hyatt Chicago
- High tea with live music & city views
- 5 star rating - Daily breakfast for two in Travelle Kitchen
- Located in the Loop District
The Langham, Chicago
- Spacious and comfortable two-room suites
- Includes bi-level swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and gym
- Free daily cooked-to-order breakfast
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Plaza
- AAA Four Diamond hotel with event and meeting space
- 4.0 star hotel walking distance from the water
- Several dining & drinking options including Starbucks
Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Free airport shuttle to Cleveland airport
- Dedicated business and conference rooms
- 24-hour fitness center, hot/cold breakfast, and more
Cleveland Airport Marriott
- 8 miles from downtown Kansas City
- Indoor water park, meeting space, fitness center, and more
- On-site Casey's Bar & Grill for drinks and cocktails
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center in Kansas City
- Minuted from the world-famous Navy Pier
- Indoor pool with whirlpool and fitness club
- Live entertainment on select nights
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Located in downtown Cleveland
- Flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and 24-hour business center
- Eat breakfast and dinner at the Garden Grille and Bar
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
- 15 miles to Chicago O'Hare
- 11 East Walton St. .7 mi. from city center
- 5 stars, pool, centrally located, WiFi in rooms
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
- 3 miles from the Fanimation Antique Fan Museum
- Indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, and free area shuttle
- Spa tub, hair salon, business center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North
With an increasing number of top dining options, breweries, and hotspots for art and live music, the Motor City is beckoning for you to visit. Ever on the rise as a destination for travelers, Detroit is also home to some of the nicest boutique and luxury hotels in the Midwest.
Whether you want to hit up the summer music festivals or stay warm in a luxurious midwest hotel for a romantic winter rendezvous, Chicago is the place to go for your next city trip.
Spend the day hitting up the museums and parks, and then enjoy some of the local eats. Casual (that pizza!) and upscale (get that reservation for Alinea now) options highlight a city to fit all tastes.
A great place for a weekend family getaway, Cleveland has several popular attractions (the zoo, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Great Lakes Science Center) to keep visitors occupied. Book a great hotel in the heart of the city, see the sights and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Kansas City, Missouri
There’s so much to love about Kansas City. You’ll find some of the country’s best barbecue here (you can’t go wrong with Arthur Bryant’s) and a cherished history celebrating everything from jazz music (at the American Jazz Museum) to sports. Catching a Chiefs or Royals game if the timing is right is a must.
The birthplace of Prince and a growing culinary capital in its own right, Minneapolis is a place for lovers of both food and music, not to mention the visual arts. Many come here just to visit the Walker Art Museum, one of the top contemporary art museums in the country.
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more