How To Find the Best Surfing In the Islands of Tahiti
Tahiti is one of the world’s top and most exotic surfing destinations. Whether it’s your first time on a board or you’re already a fanatic, French Polynesia has a wave for all the surfers and a great range of water sports for every off-season.
If there are no surfing schools directly on the beaches near your Tahitian hotel, it is relatively easy to find schools that will lend you a board, pick you up at different locations, and drive to the surf spot and back in addition to giving you lessons.
- Everything you need to know on safe travel to Bermuda
- Find deals on lodging, things to do & more
- Your official Bermuda Travel guide
Bermuda is Open | Start Planning Your Escape
- Includes deluxe hotels, 9 meals, transports & more
- Visit Casablanca, Fez & Marrakech & more
- Explore mosques, tombs, fortresses, and royal palaces
2021 | Air & 8-Day Morocco Small Group Tour
- Properties in the Caribbean and over 50 destinations
- Open now - featuring concierge services & strict cleaning
- Villas range from penthouses to estates
Private Villa Rental - a Perfect Social Distance Vacation
- Price is pp/pn on 3-nt stay in Nov 2020
- Indulge at the Renovation Spa
- Adults-only, with free Wi-Fi & 24h room service
Hotel RIU Palace Paradise Island | Bahamas All-Inclusive
- Price is pp/pn on 3-nt stay in December
- Ocean views from balcony or terrace
- 5 restaurants + Jamaican barbecue
Hotel RIU Negril | Jamaica Beachfront All-Inclusive
- Price is pp/pn on 3-nt stay in Dec 2020
- Pool, Jacuzzi, gym, sauna and the Renova Spa
- Oceanfront location on Mata Palo Beach
Guanacaste All-Inclusive Resort
- Price is pp/pn on 3-nt stay in Dec
- 24-hour all-inclusive on Brujas Beach
- 5 pools plus Splash Water World water park
Hotel RIU Emerald Bay | Mazatlan All-Inclusive
Papeno’o is perfect for beginners: the spots are less crowded, the waves are relatively smaller, the water is deeper, and the beach is longer. Moreover, locals are more likely to live up to their habitual hospitability and kindness.
While beginners are certain to find a good beach break year-round, the island is also home to one of the most widely recognized and heaviest waves around the globe with some of the best Tahiti surfing. Teahupo’o attracts hundreds of professional surfers, thrill-seekers and surf enthusiasts every year for big swells and competitions like the von Zipper Trials and Billabong Pro.
Surfing and body boarding are not the only water sports practiced around the Tahitian islands. Also available are wakeboarding, kiteboarding, wakesurfing, windsurfing, stand up paddle surfing, canoeing, sailing, even parasailing.
Want to book an exotic dream vacation? Check out our bucket list vacation deals!
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more