How To Find the Best Surfing In the Islands of Tahiti
Tahiti is one of the world’s top and most exotic surfing destinations. Whether it’s your first time on a board or you’re already a fanatic, French Polynesia has a wave for surfers of all levels plus, an extensive range of water sports for every off-season.
If there are no surfing schools directly on the beach near your Tahitian hotel, it is relatively easy to find schools that will lend you a surfboard, pick you up at different locations, drive to the surf spot and back, in addition to giving you lessons.
- Save up to $1000 per Cabin
- Travel between 4/1/21 and 11/1/21
- Land and water safaris in 2 National Parks
9-Day African Safari Cruise w/ Lodge Stay
- Luxury accomodations l + photo shoot
- Deal includes free round of golf, water taxi, & more
- Relax in the infinity pool overlooking the ocean
Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- Stay 3 nights or more get $30 spa credit, free golf, more
- 8 acres of oceanfront property
- Great amenities including pool, tennis & kids' club
Get More Offer Willowbank Resort Bermuda
- Free cancellation
- 3-star centrally located hotel
- Save now, pay later
Royal London Hotel
- Price is a 3-nt stay for 2 in Aug 2021
- Pool, Jacuzzi, gym, sauna and the Renova Spa
- Oceanfront location on Mata Palo Beach
3-Nts | Hotel RIU Guanacaste All-Inclusive Resort
- Price is on 3-nt stay for 2 in Aug 2021
- Adults-only, with free Wi-Fi & 24h room service
- Indulge at the Renovation Spa
3-Nts RIU Palace Paradise Island | Bahamas All-Inclusive
- All-Incl price for a 3-nt stay for 2 in Sep 2021
- 24-hour all-inclusive on Brujas Beach
- 5 pools plus Splash Water World water park
3-Nts Hotel RIU Emerald Bay | Mazatlan All-Inclusive
Papeno’o is perfect for beginners: the spots are less crowded, the waves are relatively smaller, the water is deeper, and the beach is longer. Moreover, locals are more likely to live up to their habitual hospitability and kindness.
While beginners are certain to find a good beach break any time of year, the island is home to some of the most widely recognized and heaviest waves found around the globe - providing some of the best Tahiti surfing. Teahupo’o attracts hundreds of professional surfers, thrill-seekers and surf enthusiasts every year for big swells and competitions like the von Zipper Trials and Billabong Pro.
Surfing and bodyboarding are not the only water sports practiced around the Tahitian islands. Also available are wakeboarding, kiteboarding, wake surfing, windsurfing, stand up paddle surfing, canoeing, sailing, even parasailing.
Want to book an exotic dream vacation? Check out our bucket list vacation deals!
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more