Planning the Perfect English Vacation
With history galore, it’s difficult to decide where to go and what to do when you visit the diverse and culturally rich country of England. Not to worry though! With advice on cruising, hotels, escorted tours, and more, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for adventure, check out an escorted tour.
You’ll travel across the country with knowledgeable tour guides who will travel with you through English History.
Learn the histories of important castles throughout the country like Leeds, Windsor, Warwick, and Chatsworth. Stop at Stonehenge, a UNESCO world heritage site, romp in the Roman Baths, and visit ancient cathedrals and churches.
You can find tours throughout the country with stays in cities and smaller towns. These tours are tailored to fit your interests, and most will give you some free time to explore what you’re most interested in. You should check the itinerary and dates to find the best escorted tour for your wants and needs. You can choose from romance, history, family, and more.
If you’re looking to relax, book a cruise from or around the British Isles.
Most cruises departing England leave from Southampton, just outside of London. From here you can find cruises through the channels to neighboring countries Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, or go farther with a trip to the Balkans.
If you want to stay in the Isles, you can cruise around England and stop in Plymouth, Liverpool, Dover, and Newcastle. Typically, you’ll stop for the day and have several hours to explore the cities by yourself. This is great for people who like exploring their favorite places, while still having the structure of a cruise.
Each port city has something different to offer, but all have historical significance with architecture and culture. Most cruise lines offer planned shore excursions, which takes the guesswork and research out of it, making less work for you. These excursions vary and can be adventurous, historical, romantic, or even based around foods of the area.
Ideas for your next escorted tour
- Get 15% off + $100/person air credit.
- Includes sightseeing & transportation
- Get an insider's look w/ an expert Monograms local guide
London, Paris & Amsterdam Vacation w/ 6-Nt Hotels
- Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, and more
- Personalize your trip with a Local Host
- Includes hotel, guided sightseeing, and more
London 2+ Night Getaways
- Enjoy guided sightseeing with an expert Local Host
- 3 nts London, 2 nts Paris, 2 nts Amsterdam
- Includes hotel & inter-city train transportation
London, Paris & Amsterdam Packages
- Guided sightseeing with an expert Local Host
- Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Notre Dame & The Louvre
- Includes hotel, daily breakfast, and transportation
London and Paris Vacation Packages
- Enjoy city sightseeing with an expert Local Host
- 3 nts in each city with time to explore
- Includes hotel, breakfasts & inter-city transport
Dublin and London Vacation Packages
- Enjoy guided sightseeing with an expert Local Host
- 3 nts in each of the favorite cities of Ireland, England
- Incl. hotels, breakfasts + inter-city train & flight
Dublin, Belfast & London Vacation Packages
- Departs 25-Jan-20: Incl. air from NYC
- London, Paris, & Munich w/hotels & inter-city flights
- Choose your departure city & book now
Air & 10-Days in United Kingdom, France, & Germany
- Flexible packages: choose your hotels & activities
- Includes flights, hotels & train transportation
- Visit Dublin, London & Paris
9-Nt Dublin, London & Paris Trip w/ Air & Hotels
If you want complete control over your trip, find hotels to create the perfect vacation.
Like researching and creating a customized vacation just for you? Find hotels and resorts around the country where you can visit the sites you want to. Love food? Maybe you’re interested in a food getaway to London, home of Michelin rated chefs and restaurants?
Nature more your style? You can stay in countryside villages and towns and enjoy quaint cottages with bed and breakfast getaways. Many of these towns offer guided day tours, so you’ll still have freedom, but can get expert knowledge about the history from locals.
If you’re interested, but don’t know where to go in England, here are a few ideas:
Stonehenge: This prehistoric monument was constructed around 3000 BC, using standing stones around 13 feet high. The most famous monument in England, this is one of the oldest historical sites in the entire country and gives archeologists crucial information about previous cultures and peoples.
Peak District National Park: A nature lover’s dream with mountains, valleys, and hiking for all skill levels. The first national park in the United Kingdom, visitors will enjoy the pristine environment and nearby villages and towns.
London: Occupied for over 1000 years, London has a rich history easily accessible by tourists. Visit Westminster Abbey, where coronations have taken place since 1066. Then head to the Tower of London, where countless unfortunate subjects were killed, including Anne Boleyn. You can visit castles like Buckingham and Windsor, and listen to the chimes of Big Ben.
The Roman Baths: Attracting one million visitors a year, the baths are an important facet of history for the English people. For years, these baths were used for religious purposes by Romans, after they had invaded and occupied Britain, and later by locals who thought the water had health benefits.
By: Devyn Woolsey
Signup for Vacation Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more