New Orleans Activities for Budget Travelers
Deals on hotels in New Orleans will get you started on a great budget getaway. The city’s affordable eats and inclusive spirit will take care of the rest.
You’re planning a city getaway, but you have a few guidelines. You want a destination that screams “fun,” accommodations that offer top-quality comfort and service, and you want all of this for a price that won’t leave you questioning your financial decisions during the trip itself.
If you live near New Orleans, this is already a no-brainer—just hop in the car and drive! But even if New Orleans isn’t road trip material, it still makes for a great place to plan your next vacation. With some of the best affordable food in the country (hot tip: everything in New Orleans is delicious), and loads of free entertainment (you can barely walk a block without hearing live music), New Orleans lets you have the time of your life without going over-budget.
With great deals on hotels in New Orleans through Dunhill Travel Deals, you’ll enjoy plenty of savings. Expect the time of your life, served with that signature Southern hospitality that keeps many guests coming back for more.
While New Orleans has loads of fine dining options, some of the best and authentic regional cuisine is on the casual side. That means most local staples, like the belly-busting po’ boys at Domilise’s and the world-famous fried chicken at Willie Mae’s Scotch House, will fall right into your budget.
- 4-star hotel near the party hub
- Modern rooms
- Free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and more
The Saint Autograph Collection in New Orleans
- Family owned 4-star hotel
- Located in the French Quarter
- Ensuite rooms with antique furniture, free Wi-Fi, iPhone docks
Hotel Provincial in New Orleans
- Rooftop pool, Keurig coffee maker in rooms, valet parking +
- Two blocks away from the French Quarter, close to Supderdome
- Hotel bar, restaurant, room service, gym, free Wi-Fi & more
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans French Quarter CBD
- 4.0-star hotel with 3 onsite restaurants
- Outdoor pool + free Wi-Fi
- Located centrally in French Quarter
Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
- Brand new hotel, outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi & more
- Free, full hot breakfast, complimentary evening dinner
- and drinks Monday thru Thursday, fully equipped kitchen & more
Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter
- 4.0-star hotel near Bourbon Street
- Outdoor pool & rooftop terrace
- Minutes from Cafe Du Monde & famous attractions
W New Orleans French Quarter
- Renovated 19th century cotton mill
- In-room safe, writing desks, flat screen TVs, and more
- 3-minute walk from the Louisiana Children's Museum
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
A Wine Bar Experience
Bacchanal has built up quite the reputation, and with good reason. The location, with its ornately decorated backyard in the magical Bywater, makes it one of best wine bars in the country. That said, what keeps many coming back is the prices. Because customers buy their wine from the bar’s shop at retail price (with a minor uncorking fee), a bottle costs much less than it normally would.
You can find entertainment basically everywhere you go in New Orleans: on the streets, in the bars, at the jazz clubs, and even in the lobby of many New Orleans hotels. Basically, you never have to go very far, or spend very much, to experience the city’s rich musical traditions.
Martinis That Cost Less Than a Dollar
Sure, a high-priced meal may be a prerequisite to enjoying this deal, but what a deal! Head to Commander’s Palace, one of New Orleans’ most famous old-school dining establishments, and order a martini (or two, or three). These well made, strong cocktails only cost 25 cents each, so you can spend whatever you would have spent on drinks on your meal.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more