New Orleans Activities for Budget Travelers
Deals on hotels in New Orleans will get you started on a great budget getaway. The city’s affordable eats and inclusive spirit will take care of the rest.
You’re planning a city getaway, but you have a few guidelines. You want a destination that screams “fun,” accommodations that offer top-quality comfort and service, and you want all of this for a price that won’t leave you questioning your financial decisions during the trip itself.
If you live near New Orleans, this is already a no-brainer—just hop in the car and drive! But even if New Orleans isn’t road trip material, it still makes for a great place to plan your next vacation. With some of the best affordable food in the country (hot tip: everything in New Orleans is delicious), and loads of free entertainment (you can barely walk a block without hearing live music), New Orleans lets you have the time of your life without going over-budget.
With great deals on hotels in New Orleans through Dunhill Travel Deals, you’ll enjoy plenty of savings. Expect the time of your life, served with that signature Southern hospitality that keeps many guests coming back for more.
While New Orleans has loads of fine dining options, some of the best and authentic regional cuisine is on the casual side. That means most local staples, like the belly-busting po’ boys at Domilise’s and the world-famous fried chicken at Willie Mae’s Scotch House, will fall right into your budget.
- 1 minute walk from Canal Street
- Luxurious rooms with stunning views
- Outdoor pool + onsite restaurant
JW Marriott New Orleans
- 693 guest rooms and 28 suites
- Cable/satellite television, high speed internet, and more
- Choose between single and double bedded rooms
Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter
- Historic boutique hotel with 26 rooms
- Outdoor pool & garden
- Free breakfast & Wi-Fi
Rathbone Mansions New Orleans
- 4.0-star hotel near Bourbon Street
- Outdoor pool & rooftop terrace
- Minutes from Cafe Du Monde & famous attractions
W New Orleans French Quarter
- 4.0-star hotel with 3 onsite restaurants
- Outdoor pool + free Wi-Fi
- Located centrally in French Quarter
Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans
- 4.0-star hotel near Bourbon Street
- 20 minutes from the airport
- Onsite restaurant serving southern favorites
Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette French Quarter Area Hotel
- Renovated 19th century cotton mill
- In-room safe, writing desks, flat screen TVs, and more
- 3-minute walk from the Louisiana Children's Museum
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
- 4-star hotel near the party hub
- Modern rooms
- Free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and more
The Saint Autograph Collection in New Orleans
- 18th century, European-inspired property
- Free Wi-Fi and quaint 18th century furnishings
- Complimentary breakfast served on a silver tray
Andrew Jackson in New Orleans
A Wine Bar Experience
Bacchanal has built up quite the reputation, and with good reason. The location, with its ornately decorated backyard in the magical Bywater, makes it one of best wine bars in the country. That said, what keeps many coming back is the prices. Because customers buy their wine from the bar’s shop at retail price (with a minor uncorking fee), a bottle costs much less than it normally would.
You can find entertainment basically everywhere you go in New Orleans: on the streets, in the bars, at the jazz clubs, and even in the lobby of many New Orleans hotels. Basically, you never have to go very far, or spend very much, to experience the city’s rich musical traditions.
Martinis That Cost Less Than a Dollar
Sure, a high-priced meal may be a prerequisite to enjoying this deal, but what a deal! Head to Commander’s Palace, one of New Orleans’ most famous old-school dining establishments, and order a martini (or two, or three). These well made, strong cocktails only cost 25 cents each, so you can spend whatever you would have spent on drinks on your meal.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more