Today's Best Luxury Getaway Deals
13-Day River Cruise from Delhi to Kolkata
- Sails August 20 from Dusseldorf
- Visit ancient castles & taste local wines
- Incl. welcome reception, port charges & taxes
8-Day River Cruise | Delights of the Rhine & Moselle
- Includes guided tours and sightseeing
- See Wachau Valley, castles & cathedrals
- Cruise thru Slovakia, Hungary and Austria
4-Day River Cruise from Vienna to Budapest
- Sails Mar. 28 - Choose 5, 6 or 10 days!
- Luxury 5-star ship - Add airfare for $699
- Amsterdam to Ghent, Ghent to Brussels
5-Day River Cruise | Olde Netherlands in Tulip Time
- Includes unlimited drinks and free Wi-Fi
- Sail Eastern & Western Caribbean & Cuba
- Cruises depart from Miami on MSC
7-Nt MSC Caribbean Cruises
- Special: $299 airfare on select cruises
- Choose excursions from a variety of experiences
- Enjoy wines, dishes & chocolates of the region
8-Day Active Discovery on the Rhine River Cruise
- Special: $299 airfare on select cruises
- Hiking, biking & beer tasting excursions
- From Linz to Budapest, with 3 days in Vienna
9-Day Active Discovery on the Danube River Cruise
- 2019 and 2020 cruises available
- Explore Paris, Seine River & Normandy
- Sample wines & cheeses of France
8-day Paris to Normandy 2019 River Cruise
- Includes free internet
- Upgrade for free bonus perks
- See Havana, Cienfuegos, & more
10-Day Cuba on Oceania Cruises
- Includes R/T Airfare & free internet
- Your choice of free drinks, excursion pkg, or ship credit
- Cruise Miami, Caribbean, New York
Oceania Cruises | 14-Day Caribbean Voyage
- Central on the Las Vegas Strip
- 2 outdoor pools & spa tubs
- 2 restaurants + full service spa
Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas
- Sailing Apr. thru June 2019 from Athens
- Free drinks, gratuities and excursions
- See Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi & more
Celestyal Crystal | 7-Day Greece & Turkey Cruise
Luxury Getaway Ideas
What Separates Luxury Hotels from the Rest
When choosing luxury hotel getaways, you want to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. But what exactly separates a luxury stay from everything else? Here’s just a few of the things you need to make sure your luxury hotel has, before paying for an upscale upgrade.
While you’ll probably be doing and seeing a lot of things outside your room, it’s still important for your room to be an attraction of its own. You’ll want to feel comfortable so you can recharge for your next day of sightseeing. Amenities like marble bathrooms, electronic drapery controls, heated flooring, upgraded surround sound systems, and whirlpool tubs should all be standard. Many luxury rooms also come with their own balcony and a killer view.
Your hotel should have everything you need for a successful stay. This can include a number of different services, such as turn-down service, 24-hour room service, and valet parking. Additionally, you’ll want a hotel that has a five-star restaurant, spa and health club, and butler services to ensure your vacation is exceedingly luxurious. In reality, the hotel itself should feel like a place you could spend the entire day without getting bored.
Even if a hotel has the best in-room and on-site amenities, if the décor and style are outdated, the entire experience will feel cheapened. Look for luxury hotel getaways with a grand modern flair, as this shows that they take care of the facility. In particular, grand entranceways and lobbies are essential for five-star hotels. You might even expect fresh bouquets in your room as well as original artwork hung throughout the hallways.
Normal hotels are just a place to lay your head at night. However, when you pay a little more for a luxury hotel, you’ll be reaping many more benefits. Most luxury hotels offer extra services like child care, shuttles to and from town, and help with booking excursions. In fact, the staff of the hotel should take great care to learn your name during your stay. You’ll feel like a highly valued customer, and the hotel staff will do everything they can to make your stay a pleasant one.
In most cases, paying a few extra dollars for the luxury upgrade is definitely worth it. You’ll be able to enjoy your vacation much better thanks to the added comfort and convenience.
Destinations for a Luxury Getaway
Signup for Exclusive Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more