Dawn Princess, Princess Cruises
- Entertainment & Activities
Editor's Note: The Dawn Princess has left the fleet May 2017. She is now sailing as the flagship of P&O Cruises under the name Pacific Explorer.
The Dawn Princess is one of three Sun Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, joining sister ships Sea Princess and Sun Princess. Did you know that the Dawn Princess was christened by the original cast of the Love Boat TV show? Built in 1997 and refurbished in June 2009, this ship offers year round cruises to exciting destinations including Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Find great travel deals, coupons and rates from Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Dawn Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Dawn Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2011 - Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards (Australia) - Best Premium Ship
- 2012 - Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards (Australia) - Best Premium Ship
This cruise ship has 999 cabins and suites with room for up to 1,998 passengers served by a staff of 924 crew members. Room service is available 24 hours a day in all staterooms onboard the Dawn Princess.
Inside Cabins are 135 to 148 sq. ft., have twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, closet, safe, phone, desk and include free samples of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. Rooms with a Pullman bed offer enough space for up to three guests.
Ocean View Cabins (Obstructed View) are 135-155 sq. ft., have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, television, desk, hair dryer, refrigerator, safe, closet and phone. These rooms have a picture window with views partially obstructed by the lifeboats or other ship structures and cabins with a Pullman bed accommodate up to four guests.
Ocean View Cabins are 147-155 sq. ft., feature a picture window, have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, television, hair dryer, refrigerator, closet, phone, safe and desk. Bathroom amenities include a tub with shower and complimentary shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Some rooms come equipped with Pullman beds to sleep three or four passengers.
Premium Ocean View Cabins are 173 sq. ft., have a large picture window for spectacular ocean views, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, 100% Egyptian cotton linens, television, hair dryer, refrigerator, safe, closet, phone and desk. These rooms comfortably sleep two guests and include evening bed turn-down and chocolates on your pillow.
Balcony Cabins are 179 sq. ft., have a furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, closet, personal safe, phone and writing desk. Some rooms include Pullman beds to sleep up to four passengers.
Mini-Suites with Balcony range in size from 370 to 536 sq. ft. and include a welcome glass of champagne, queen-size bed, two flat screen TVs, refrigerator, hair dryer, security safe, closet, phone, desk and a seating area with sofa bed to sleep a third guest.
Suites are 516 to 695 sq. ft. and have a large private balcony, queen-size bed, hair dryer, two flat screen TVs, writing desk and phone. Anyone booking a suite has access to upgraded amenities including a mini-bar, CD/DVD player, fresh flowers, walk-in-closet, pillow top mattress, 100% Egyptian cotton high thread count bed linens and use of the thermal suite at the Lotus Spa. These rooms can accommodate up to three passengers.
Entertainment & Activities
There are many fun things to do onboard a cruise ship from Princess Cruises. Enjoy the peacefulness of the adults-only Sanctuary® or take the entire family out to see the latest feature film at Movies Under the Stars®.
Traveling with family? There are a variety of fun-filled activities for children to take part in such as the Fun Zone, Teen Center and Splash Pool. Kids ages 3 to 17 can hang out with their friends while playing video games, watching movies, making arts and crafts or rocking out to their favorite tunes.
Find the best Princess Cruises offers, specials and promotions featured daily from Dunhill Travel Deals.
There are many casual and formal dining options onboard the Dawn Princess. Choose a complimentary meal at one of the two main dining rooms or indulge your palate at one of the specialty restaurants.
Formal Dining Options
- The Florentine Dining Room and Venetian Dining Room are the two main restaurants on the Dawn Princess. This dining option is free to all guests. Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., while lunch is available on sea days, turnaround days and select port days. The Club Restaurant offers fixed dinner seating at 5:15 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. or guests can opt for Anytime Dining to eat between 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Sterling Steakhouse is open for dinner from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and charges $25 for adults and $12.50 for children. Start your meal with the beef carpaccio and a bowl of the onion soup before feasting on the main course of Chilean sea bass with leeks and mushroom ragout. If you have any room for dessert, ask for the lemon meringue pudding tart or raspberry crème brûlée.
- The Ultimate Balcony Dining option is a special meal option served by a dedicated wait staff. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for $32 per couple, and dinner is served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for $100 per couple. Breakfast service includes a half bottle of champagne and delicious items such as smoked salmon, quiche, fresh fruit and pastries. Order this unique dining experience onboard or as a pre-purchased special service item.
Casual Dining Options
- Horizon Court buffet
- La Scala Pizzeria
- Sundaes ice cream bar
- Balcony Grill - burgers, hot dogs, kebab and pies
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service