Consider a Road Trip For Your Next Grand Adventure
Plan out your road trip using our handy guide, then find some much needed rest and relaxation at any of the great Midwest hotels you’ll find along the way.
It’s time to really see the country, and what better way is there to do that than on a good, old-fashioned road trip through America’s heartland in the midwest? Book stays in great midwest hotels, then hit the pavement with your travel companion or the whole family in tow. Road trips are an excellent option when it comes to planning an affordable vacation.
Why spend all of that money on airfare when you can simply drive to all the wonderful sights, sounds, and tastes just waiting for you in your backyard? Of course, before you start looking at great deals on hotels in the midwest with Dunhill Travel Deals, you’ll need to figure out your itinerary. We’ve compiled some weird, wonderful, and awe-inspiring stops to consider before you pack up the car.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
When passing through Ohio, you already know to make a stop in the vibrant city of Cleveland, where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame stands as one of the Midwest's top attractions and where you can stay in some of the finest hotels in the Midwest. That said, if you want to see the full breadth of what this state has to offer, Cuyahoga Valley National Park offers hiking through lush green acres and scenic waterfalls just next door.
For some classic Midwestern kitsch in the Ozarks, visit the family-friendly entertainment capital of Branson. Here you’ll find performers of all stripes playing to large crowds in the numerous theaters that line the strip. Mini-golf, go-karts, and wax museums are sure to please kids of all ages.
World’s Largest Ball of Twine, Kansas
A road trip wouldn’t be a road trip without seeing something with the title of “World’s Largest.” And while we wouldn’t want to dissuade you from visiting the “World’s Largest Catsup Bottle” in Collinsville, Illinois or the “World’s Largest Ball of Paint” in Alexandria, Indiana, the massive ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas stands out as a feat of technical wizardry.
Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
Speaking of technical achievements, you’ll be remiss not to plan a stop at Mount Rushmore on your Midwest road trip. Sure, you’ve probably seen countless images of this massive mountainside carving of former presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln in books, movies, and TV shows. But seeing it in person is a unique experience that will allow you to view every detail with fresh eyes.
- Free WiFi & parking
- On-site pool, gym, restaurant, & bar
- Located 6.5 miles away from Downtown St. Louis
Holiday Inn St. Louis - Forest Park in St Louis
- Victorian hotel with beautifully appointed rooms
- Free buffet breakfast & parking
- Free Wi-Fi
The Glidden House in Cleveland
- Less than 1 mile from Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame
- Indoor pool & onsite restaurant
- 4-star hotel with a great location
Hilton Cleveland Downtown
- Minutes from the world-famous Navy Pier
- Indoor pool with whirlpool and fitness club
- Live entertainment on select nights
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile
- Located in downtown Cleveland
- Flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, and 24-hour business center
- Eat breakfast and dinner at the Garden Grille and Bar
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
- 15 miles to Chicago O'Hare
- 11 East Walton St. .7 mi. from city center
- 5 stars, pool, centrally located, WiFi in rooms
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
- Centrally located in the entertainment district
- Valet parking on-site
- Outstanding Wi-Fi coverage
Hampton Inn-Indianapolis Dwtn across from Circle Centre, IN
- 3 miles from the Fanimation Antique Fan Museum
- Indoor pool and free area shuttle
- Spa tub, hair salon, business center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North
- In the heart of the River North neighborhood
- Free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour fitness center, and more
- Close to Goose Island Brewing Company and Harry Caray's
Hyatt Place Chicago - River North
- All rooms are suites
- Heated indoor pool, rooftop fitness center, and more
- Located in downtown Chicago
Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
- Located in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhood
- Free WiFi and 50-inch HDTVs
- Executive rooms available for business travelers
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago
Mall of America, Minnesota
More than just a mall, this sprawling Bloomington, Minnesota shopping center has a number of entertainment attractions to justify a visit. With a Nickelodeon theme park and an aquarium (and, of course, tons of shops and eateries), this destination is a must if you plan on staying in one of the luxurious midwest hotels in St. Paul or Minneapolis.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more