Plan out your road trip using our handy guide, then find some much needed rest and relaxation at any of the great Midwest hotels you’ll find along the way.
It’s time to really see the country, and what better way is there to do that than on a good, old-fashioned road trip through America’s heartland in the midwest? Book stays in great midwest hotels, then hit the pavement with your travel companion or the whole family in tow. Road trips are an excellent option when it comes to planning an affordable vacation.
Why spend all of that money on airfare when you can simply drive to all the wonderful sights, sounds, and tastes just waiting for you in your backyard? Of course, before you start looking at great deals on hotels in the midwest with Dunhill Travel Deals, you’ll need to figure out your itinerary. We’ve compiled some weird, wonderful, and awe-inspiring stops to consider before you pack up the car.
Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
When passing through Ohio, you already know to make a stop in the vibrant city of Cleveland, where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame stands as one of the Midwest's top attractions and where you can stay in some of the finest hotels in the Midwest. That said, if you want to see the full breadth of what this state has to offer, Cuyahoga Valley National Park offers hiking through lush green acres and scenic waterfalls just next door.
For some classic Midwestern kitsch in the Ozarks, visit the family-friendly entertainment capital of Branson. Here you’ll find performers of all stripes playing to large crowds in the numerous theaters that line the strip. Mini-golf, go-karts, and wax museums are sure to please kids of all ages.
World’s Largest Ball of Twine, Kansas
A road trip wouldn’t be a road trip without seeing something with the title of “World’s Largest.” And while we wouldn’t want to dissuade you from visiting the “World’s Largest Catsup Bottle” in Collinsville, Illinois or the “World’s Largest Ball of Paint” in Alexandria, Indiana, the massive ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas stands out as a feat of technical wizardry.
Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
Speaking of technical achievements, you’ll be remiss not to plan a stop at Mount Rushmore on your Midwest road trip. Sure, you’ve probably seen countless images of this massive mountainside carving of former presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln in books, movies, and TV shows. But seeing it in person is a unique experience that will allow you to view every detail with fresh eyes.
- Free area shuttle around downtown
- Free Wi-Fi + parking
- Near art museum & golfing
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland
- Located near Worlds of Fun
- Minutes from restaurants, shopping, and attractions
- Free Wi-Fi & indoor pool
Hampton Inn Kansas City
- Hip downtown hotel with craft cocktail bar
- Onsite taco shop
- Walking distance to major attractions
Moxy Chicago Downtown
- In the heart of the River North neighborhood
- Free Wi-Fi, a 24-hour fitness center, and more
- Close to Goose Island Brewing Company and Harry Caray's
Hyatt Place Chicago - River North
- Located in downtown Chicago
- All rooms are suites with two 42" HDTVs
- Heated indoor pool, rooftop fitness center, and more
Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
- Free airport shuttle to Cleveland airport
- Dedicated business and conference rooms
- 24-hour fitness center, hot/cold breakfast, and more
Cleveland Airport Marriott
- Located in Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Flat-screen cable TV, coffee maker, and free toiletries
- Close to the International Exposition Center
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel
- 3 miles from the Fanimation Antique Fan Museum
- Indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center, and free area shuttle
- Spa tub, hair salon, business center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis North
- Long-term stay hotel
- Full service housekeeping on room stays 8 nights or longer
- Close to Town Run Trail Park and Swagat Foods
Extendedstay Indianapolis North
- 8 minutes from the Fishers Banquet Center
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access
- 24/7 coin-operated laundry facility, fax, and copy service
Extended StayAmerica Indianapolis - Castleton
- Spacious and comfortable two-room suites
- Includes bi-level swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and gym
- Free daily cooked-to-order breakfast
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City Plaza
Mall of America, Minnesota
More than just a mall, this sprawling Bloomington, Minnesota shopping center has a number of entertainment attractions to justify a visit. With a Nickelodeon theme park and an aquarium (and, of course, tons of shops and eateries), this destination is a must if you plan on staying in one of the luxurious midwest hotels in St. Paul or Minneapolis.
Signup for Hotel Deals
Exclusive access to private sales, customized specials & more