Carnival Sunshine by Carnival Cruise Line
5-Day Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Sunshine
January 2018 sailing from Orlando
2 Free upgrades + senior rates for 55+
The Carnival Sunshine was recently renovated from top to bottom to include all of the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades, and is now packed with style and entertainment! Guy's Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse, and RedFrog Pub are just some of the great places to indulge in amazing culinary creations and expert cocktails.
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
Originally constructed in 1996 as the Destiny, Carnival Cruise Lines recently invested $155 million into turning the 17-year-old cruise ship into Carnival Sunshine. The refurbishment includes many new upgrades like the adults-only Serenity relaxation area with three decks, plenty of recliners and a soothing waterfall. Book a fun, discount cruise on the Carnival Sunshine with room for up to 3,002 guests and a crew of 1,040.
Dreaming of a Caribbean cruise? The Carnival Sunshine ship sails to the islands of the Bahamas as well as the Caribbean and boasts 24 hours of fun every day. Choose from 18 different staterooms to meet the unique needs of every traveler when you find the best cruise deals, coupons and promotions from Dunhill Travel Deals.
Awards for Carnival Sunshine by Carnival Cruise Lines
- 2013 - Cruise Critic Editor’s Pick - Best Ship Refurbishment
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
(All prices are per person)
Every stateroom and suite on the Carnival Sunshine comes with standard amenities including a refrigerator, minibar, in-room safe, flat-screen television, phone, hair dryer, bathrobes and more.
Interior and ocean view rooms on the Carnival Sunshine include three closets, a bathroom with shower and a cozy living area.
- Interior Staterooms are 185 sq ft, have two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed and sleep from two to four guests depending on the exact furniture arrangement.
- Interior Staterooms Upper/Lower are 185 sq ft and have one twin bed plus an upper Pullman-style bunk bed to sleep one to two passengers.
- Interior Staterooms Picture Window (Obstructed View) are 185 to 220 sq ft, have a picture window with a view that is partly blocked by the ship’s lifeboats or other ship structures, include two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed and sleep one to two guests.
- Cloud 9 Spa Interior Staterooms are 185 sq ft and feature complimentary fitness classes and priority reservations to Cloud 9 Spa. These rooms have two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed and cabins with Pullman-style bunk beds sleep up to four guests.
Ocean View Staterooms
Ocean view staterooms have two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, three closets and a sitting area with a desk and chair. Most rooms sleep two guests, while rooms that have either a sofa bed or Pullman-style bunk beds offer enough space for three to four guests.
- Ocean View Staterooms are 220 sq ft and have a large picture window.
- Scenic Ocean View Staterooms are either 220 or 280 sq ft, feature floor-to-ceiling windows for terrific views of the ocean, and have enough room for up to four guests.
- Ocean View Staterooms Porthole are 220 sq ft and have two porthole windows.
Balcony staterooms come standard with two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, a spacious private balcony with table and chairs and an indoor sitting area with a sofa, coffee table and desk.
- Balcony Staterooms are 185 sq ft with a 35 sq ft balcony and are the perfect size for two passengers. Rooms with either a sofa bed or upper bunk beds sleep three to four guests.
- Aft-View Extended Balcony Staterooms are 185 sq ft and have a larger, 60 sq ft balcony. These rooms offer more room for rest and relaxation and space for up to four guests.
- Cloud 9 Spa Balcony Staterooms are 185 sq ft, have a 35 sq ft balcony and offer unlimited access to all services at Cloud 9 Spa including complimentary use of the spa’s thermal suite.
- Premium Balcony Staterooms are 185 sq ft, have an oversized 75 sq ft balcony and space for up to three passengers.
- Premium Vista Balcony Staterooms are 185 sq ft and feature a large 75 sq ft balcony that wraps around the aft corners of the ship. Rooms with either upper Pullman-style bunk beds or a sofa bed can comfortably sleep up to four guests.
Suites on the Carnival Sunshine have all the amenities of standard rooms plus upgrades such as VIP check-in, double sinks, whirlpool tubs, walk-in-closets and a living area with a sofa, coffee table and desk. Suites also feature large, private patios furnished with a patio table and chairs.
- Cloud 9 Spa Suites are 275 sq ft with a 65 sq ft balcony, have twin beds that can be pushed together to make a king-size bed and feature priority access to all spa treatments and complimentary fitness classes.
- Ocean Suites are 275 sq ft with a 65 sq ft balcony and have two twin beds that convert to king-size bed. Rooms with a sofa bed can sleep up to three guests.
- Grand Suites are 345 sq ft with a 85 sq ft deck and have two twin beds that can convert to a king-size bed. The suites with a sofa bed can accommodate up to four guests.
- Captain’s Suites offer 500 sq ft of space, a huge 200 sq ft balcony and sleep up to five guests. These suites have a separate master bedroom with it’s own private bathroom, and two twin beds that convert to king-size.
Entertainment & Activities
Carnival Sunshine offers a range of fun and exciting entertainment options including The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, Playlist Productions featuring a variety of amazing musical shows, live music and so much more. The most popular board games come to life in Hasbro The Game Show, and kids can splish and splash at Carnival Waterworks, an onboard water park.
Children can also take part in a range of fun, age-appropriate activities at Camp Carnival while teens hang out at Club O2. Get in on the action at the Sportsquare, packed with fun ways to break a sweat from table games to a ropes course. Catch a movie at Carnival’s Seaside Theatre, attend a pool and deck party, or shop til you drop for anything you might want. Relax with a hot stone massage at Cloud 9 Spa, enjoy kid-free time at the Serenity Adult Retreat or take a rejuvenating yoga class.
Press your luck at the casino, dance the night away at the nightclub, stop by the piano bar or choose from countless bars and lounges including EA™ Sports Bar, Havana Bar, Alchemy Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar and more. The entertainment options are endless aboard Celebrity Sunshine.
Satisfy any craving with Carnival Sunshine’s wide range of dining options, including Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, Cucina Del Capitano, Bonsai Sushi and many more.
Free Dining Options
These dining options are included with your cruise.
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch at BlueIguana Cantina, serving up delicious Mexican food and featuring a salsa bar, homemade tortillas and more.
- Enjoy your favorite pastas and sauces at Captain’s Pasta Bar. This dining option at Cucina del Capitano is open for lunch.
- Order deli favorites, like hot pastrami on rye or a grilled reuben, at The Carnival Deli open for lunch and dinner.
- Lunch is available at Chef’s Choice, which features menu selections from a different country each day.
- Comfort Kitchen, open for lunch, serves up comfort food from mama’s kitchen like meatloaf, roasted potatoes and peach cobbler.
- Bring the kids along to the Cooking Demo and let the ship’s chefs take you on an hour-long demonstration of how they prepare food for large groups of passengers. Taste testing is encouraged.
- Sunset dining room, serving dinner only, is one of two main dining rooms on the Carnival Sunshine.
- Sunrise is the second main dining room offering complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner to all guests.
- Help yourself to dinner at Good Eats, and dine on favorites such as NY strip steak, pork chops, macaroni and cheese and baked potatoes.
- Guy’s Burger Joint, open for lunch and dinner, features classic burgers and all the toppings from celebrity chef Guy Fieri.
- While there is a fee to eat dinner at Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, lunch is FREE!
- Kid’s Meals for Campers, available for lunch and dinner, serves up fun food for children ages 2-11.
- The Lido Restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, is the ship’s main buffet area. A variety of specialty serving stations are located here including the Mongolian Wok, Chef’s Choice, Salad Bar and Carnival Deli. The pizza, frozen yogurt and soft-serve ice cream stations are open 24 hours.
- Children ages 2 to 11 can Make Your Own Pizza, where kids decide what toppings they want on their pizza.
- Let the chefs at Mongolian Wok, serving lunch daily, make your favorite stir-fry creation.
- Enjoy classic breakfast and lunch cuisine at the Seaday Brunch. The food is always free, but there is a small fee to enjoy a cocktail from the Bloody Mary bar.
- Sea Dogs serves up all-beef hot dogs and your favorite toppings in an outdoor setting anytime you’re looking for a snack.
- Bonsai Sushi, open for lunch and dinner, serves up a variety of soups, salads, sushi, sake and more.
- Stop by the Taste Bar for a pre-dinner appetizer, from a menu that changes daily.
- 24-hour room service is available anytime of day or night for private, in-room dining.
Premium Dining Options
These premium dining options incur an extra fee ranging from around $5 to $75 per person.
- Bottomless Bubbles lets you enjoy unlimited juice and soft drinks for the duration of your cruise. This costs $4.50 per day for children, $6.00 per day for adults.
- Chef’s Table offers intimate dining for up to 14 passengers. You’ll be entertained by the ship’s Master Chef as he prepares a gourmet, multi-course meal. Seating is limited and there is a $75 per person charge.
- The Coffee Bar serves up hot coffee, freshly brewed tea, pastries and milkshakes.
- Order classic family style Italian food at Cucina del Capitano. This restaurant serves dinner for $5 per child and $15 per adult.
- If you’re craving Asian food for dinner, stop by Ji Ji Asian Kitchen. There is a surcharge of $5 per child and $15 per adult for the chance to dine on cuisine like slow-braised pork belly and kung pao chicken.
- Enjoy hot, iced or spiked coffee and sweet desserts at Java Blue Cafe.
- For only $5 per person you and your kids can have a Green Eggs & Ham breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and friends. Dine on funky Dr. Seuss-inspired cuisine including moose juice, goose juice and of course - green eggs and ham!
- While $35 per person might seem like a lot to pay for dinner, a meal at the Steakhouse includes an appetizer, salad, entrée and a side dish. Try and save room for dessert because that’s also included with your meal.
Carnival Cruise Deals
7-Day Mexico Cruise - Carnival Splendor
- Special resident and senior rates
- February 2018 sailing from Miami
- Largest spa on any Carnival ship
4-Day Mexico Cruise on Carnival Inspiration
- Up to $1600 cash back
- April 2018 sailing
- Long Beach, Santa Catalina, Ensenada
5-Day Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Ecstasy
- Up to $50 credit + resident rates
- February 2018 sailing from Charleston
- Great value for last mintue getaway
7-Day Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Pride
- April 2018 sailing from Baltimore
- Special senior & resident rates
- Princess Cay, Nassau, Freeport City