Windstar's Star Legend
16-Day Pacific Cruise on Windstar Star Legend
Sept. 2018 sailing dates available
Trans-Pacific crossing, Alaska to Tokyo
Sail in luxury across the vast Pacific on this 16-day journey from Alaska to Tokyo, Japan, crossing the international dateline. The elegant Star Legend offers spacious suites, world-class cuisine and deluxe amenities to keep you entertained. You'll see quaint fishing villages, lots of marine life and two fascinating Japanese ports before you dock in Tokyo. Grab this exceptional price for an extended cruise.
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
Step aboard the 212-passenger luxury yacht Star Legend, part of the six-ship fleet of Windstar Cruises. This six-deck masterpiece is spacious yet small enough to feel like you’re enjoying your very own private yacht. Four Bergin marine diesel engines power the twin propellers to help the boat slide smoothly through the waters. As for the cabins, they’ve all been recently refurbished to offer modern amenities and gorgeous ocean views.
The entirety of Asia will be at your fingertips when you take a trip on the Star Legend. You can explore numerous itineraries through the Pacific, checking out cities like Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Beijing, Osaka, and more. It’s time to book your trip! Check out the prices on Dunhill Travel Deals to find a Star Legend cruise for you.
Awards for Star Legend by Windstar Cruise Lines
- Best Cabins in the 2017 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards
- Second in the Tall Ships category of the 2017 Cruise Awards by Signature Luxury and Style
- Gold ranking for Grand Japan Expeditions/Itinerary in the 2017 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
(All prices are per person)
Every one of the 106 rooms on the Star Legend is spacious and comfortable, with a queen bed that can be separated into two twins for your convenience.
Ocean View Suites are 277 square feet and come with everything you need for a comfortable stay. There are 64 rooms with ocean-view picture windows. Wrap yourself up in your complimentary robe, enjoy the walk-in closet, and take advantage of the L’Occitane bath amenities.
The 36 balcony suites onboard the Star Legend allow you to open up your doors to a French style veranda where you can enjoy the ocean breezes and expansive views of the water. Balcony suites include a queen bed that converts to twin beds, a comfy robe and slippers, elegant marble bathrooms, a spacious walk-in closet and a living room with a seating area.
Classic Suites add a touch of luxury to your stay. There are four Classic Suites, all of which come with your very own private veranda. Each room is between 400 to 530 square feet and offers spectacular views of the ocean from the front-facing windows. Additionally, the two closets let you store your suitcase out of view.
Owner’s Suites are the most sophisticated rooms you’ll find on the Star Legend. There are only two of them, and naturally, they each come with their own private veranda. Each one is 575 square feet and offers luxurious dining and living areas in addition to the bedroom. You’ll even have both a powder room and a master bathroom.
Entertainment & Activities
Windstar Cruises packs its yachts with fun activities for guests, and the Star Legend is no exception. As soon as you step on board, you’ll get a welcome cocktail to help you relax. Where you go from there is up to you, but many guests head straight to the watersports platform to try out water skiing, sail-boarding, or kayaking. Hopping in the pool or whirlpool is another great way to unwind, as is a refreshing massage at WindSpa.
Other entertainment options include stopping by the library to check out a book or catching a flick in the movie screening room. You can even stop by the casino to see just how lucky your day is, or head to the fitness center to burn off a few calories.
There are plenty of dining options on the Star Legend to keep your stomach from growling, and all are included in the price of your ticket.
- Amphora provides classy dinner service without the need for reservations. Choose from a starter, main dish, and dessert to satiate your palate. Typically, you’ll have five or so options for each course.
- Veranda offers casual buffet dining for both breakfast and lunch. Get there between 7:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. for breakfast and noon to 2:00 p.m. for lunch. Feast on made-to-order options as well as prepared fare.
- Candles sets up tables on Deck 7 and lets you eat your meal under a blanket of stars. Choose from the steak and seafood specialties, and be sure to get reservations.
- Deck Barbecue happens once per cruise, when the chefs take their skills to the grill on Decks 7 and 8. Here, they’ll serve up a number of barbecued meats, seafoods, and savory sides.
- Yacht Club is a small eatery that serves pastries and coffee in the morning. You can also catch some snacks, like cookies and sandwiches in the afternoon, if you miss lunch at the sit-down restaurants.
Windstar Cruise Deals
Here are some more great deals on South Pacific, Caribbean, Mediterranean, and other international cruises on Windstar Cruise Lines, 180° From Ordinary.
8-Day Treasures of S. Spain Wind Star Cruise
- Sail Lisbon to Barcelona in April 2018
- See the Treasures of Spain and Morocco
- Visit Tangier, Malaga & Cartagena
17-Day Star Collector Voyage on Wind Spirit
- Sail RT from Papeete, Mar-Aug 2018
- Sail to Tahiti and the Society Islands
- Enjoy luxury cruising on the Wind Spirit
7-Day Windstar Cruise to Norwegian Splendors
- August sailing dates available
- Depart Edinburgh for Norwegian fjords
- Includes mountain train + bike ride
7-Day Iconic Italy Cruise on the Wind Surf
- Sail RT from Rome in July 2018
- Visit ports of Italy, Corsica, Sardinia
- Enjoy luxury amenities on the Wind Surf