Independence of the Seas by Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
4-Day Caribbean on Independence of the Seas
Rates for military and first responders
December 2017 sailing
One of Royal Caribbean's Freedom Class of cruise liners, the Independence of the Seas is a luxury vacation on the waves, complete with a FlowRider surf park, H20 Zone water park, cantilevered whirlpools extending 12 feet beyond the sides of the ship, and extensive Wi-Fi capabilities. Cabins are comfortably decorated for times when you need rest from the many activities!
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
Royal Caribbean International's Independence of the Seas® is a member of the Freedom Class, "where onboard innovations bring vacations to life." This vessel features several types of interior and outside staterooms. Other features include the five-story Alhambra Theater featuring contemporary musical stage productions, a conference center with state-of-the-art presentation equipment and a center ice rink.
Passengers on Independence of the Seas can enjoy ten pools and whirlpools, over 100 spa treatments and more than 1,300 crew members dedicated to providing impeccable service. Dining options aboard Independence of the Seas include complimentary multi-course meals in the Main Dining Room or at one of four other restaurants including Chops Grille and Portofino Italian restaurant.
Children of all ages can participate in the complimentary Adventure Ocean Youth Program® or Royal Babies® & Royal Tots® programs. Entertainment and shopping options include Broadway-style shows, a 10,258-square-foot Vegas-style casino, complimentary ice-skating shows, a variety of name-brand, duty-free stores and much more. Set sail on your Caribbean cruise by finding the best Royal Caribbean International cruise deals, discounts and promotions handpicked and featured every day from Dunhill Travel Deals.
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
Choose from more than ten different types of staterooms on your next Royal Caribbean cruise on Independence of the Seas. For your convenience, all staterooms come standard with a minibar, private bath and shower, vanity, hairdryer, computer jack, an extendable working surface for laptop computers, 110/220 electrical outlets, TV and telephone.
These rooms have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King-size bed and sleep two guests comfortably. Some rooms are equipped with additional beds and can accommodate more guests as noted.
- Interior Staterooms are 150 sq. ft. and sleep two guests. Some rooms have Pullman-style beds and can sleep up to four guests.
- Accessible Interior Staterooms are 264 sq. ft., include open-style bed frames and sleep two guests.The private bathroom with wide entry door is equipped with roll-in style shower, raised toilet and lowered sink as well additional accessible features.
- Promenade Staterooms are 160 sq. ft., sleep two guests and have a bowed window with a great view of the Royal Promenade.
- Accessible Promenade Staterooms are 264 sq. ft., sleep two passengers and feature scenic views of the Royal Promenade through a bowed window. Private bathroom includes convenient amenities like wide entry door, roll-in style shower as well as a raised toilet and lowered sink.
- Family Interior Staterooms are 324 sq. ft. and sleep up to six guests with their additional sofa bed and/or Pullman-style beds.
- Promenade Family Staterooms are 327 sq. ft. and sleep up to six guests with their additional sofa bed and/or Pullman-style beds. These rooms also feature two bowed windows overlooking the Royal Promenade.
Enjoy a spectacular ocean view through your own window with an outside stateroom aboard Independence of the Seas. These rooms include two twin beds that can convert to a Royal King-size bed, sleep two guests and include all standard room features. Rooms equipped with additional Pullman-style beds and/or sofa beds can sleep up to six guests.
- Ocean View Staterooms are 159 sq. ft. and sleep two guests. Rooms equipped with Pullman-style beds can sleep up to four guests.
- Accessible Ocean View Staterooms are 264 sq. ft., accommodate two guests and feature a spacious living area. The accessible private bathroom includes convenient amenities like wide entry door, roll-in style shower, raised toilet and lowered sink.
- Large Ocean View Staterooms are 175 sq. ft. and sleep two guests. Rooms equipped with a sofa bed can sleep up to four guests.
- Family Ocean View Staterooms are 293 sq. ft. and include a sitting area with Pullman-style beds and/or sofa bed in addition to two convertible twin beds to sleep up to six guests.
Balcony staterooms feature your own private balcony with stunning views to wake up to each day. These rooms include a sitting area with sofa and two twin beds that can convert to a Royal King-size bed and sleep two guests. Rooms equipped with Pullman-style beds and/or sofa bed can sleep up to four guests.
- Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms are 184 sq. ft. with a 66 sq. ft. balcony.
- Accessible Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms are 286 sq. ft. with a 46 sq. ft. balcony and comfortably sleep two guests. Private bathroom is equipped with wide entry door, roll-in style shower as well as a raised toilet and lowered sink.
- Superior Ocean View Staterooms are 199 sq. ft. with a 65 sq. ft. balcony include a sitting area and sleep two guests. Rooms equipped with a sofa bed and/or Pullman-style bed can sleep up to four guests.
Sail in style and enjoy luxury features with more space in one of seven suite options on Independence of the Seas. All suites are equipped with a private balcony and some offer separate sleeping rooms, whirlpool tubs and concierge service.
- Junior Suites are 297 sq. ft. with a 94 sq. ft. balcony, include a sitting area and sleep two guests. Rooms equipped with a sofa bed can sleep up to four guests.
- Accessible Junior Suites offer a spacious 424 sq. ft. living area along with a 65 sq. ft. balcony. The private bathroom with wide entry door features a roll-in style shower, raised toilet and lowered sink.
- Grand Suites are 401 sq. ft. with a 104 sq. ft. balcony, sleep up to four guests, include a sitting area with sofa bed, large bathroom with double sinks and tub.
- Royal Family Suites are 587 sq. ft. with a 270 sq. ft. balcony, include two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living area with double sofa bed and two TVs. These rooms sleep up to eight people.
- Owner’s Suites sleep up to four guests, are 594 sq. ft. with a 204 sq. ft. balcony, include a queen-size bed, queen-size sofa bed in living area, dry bar, entertainment center with 42” flat-screen TV plus stereo and dinette for four.
- Presidential Family Suites are 1,209 sq. ft. with a 805 sq. ft. balcony, include four bedrooms, four bathrooms, living room with sofa bed, dining table, additional dining area on balcony complete with lounge chairs, wet bar and whirlpool, entertainment center with 42” flat-screen TV, DVD player and surround sound system. Presidential suites sleep eight to 14 guests.
- Royal Suites are 1,358 sq. ft. with a 313 sq. ft. balcony, include a bedroom with king-size bed, living room with queen-size sofa bed, entertainment center with 42” flat-screen TV plus surround sound system and dining table. These suites sleep four guests.
Entertainment & Activities
There are so many things to do aboard Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas. Pick your kind of fun and choose from an extensive treatment menu at the Vitality Spa or absorb the breathtaking ocean views as you relax in one of two cantilevered whirlpools. Shoot some hoops at the full-sized basketball court, scale the rock-climbing wall or hit the putting green at the mini-golf course as you journey to exotic islands on a Western Caribbean cruise. Don’t forget about catching some waves at the FlowRider surf simulator or ice skating with the family at the one-of-a-kind onboard ice rink!
Indulge your taste buds in more than four complimentary dining options as well as several specialty restaurants and snack venues. Craving something at an off-hour? Don't forget about the free room service any time day or night.
Deck 3 Dining Options
- Romeo & Juilet Dining Room is the ship’s three-tier dining room serving a wide array of delicious menu items.
Deck 4 Dining Options
- Macbeth Dining Room is a three-tier dining room serving delicious dishes for every taste bud.
Deck 5 Dining Options
- Sorrento’s brings you the New York-style pizza you’ve been craving from land out to sea.
- Cafe Promenade is the one stop shop onboard for speciality coffees and pastries including Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Cupcake Cupboard is a one-of-a-kind 1940s-style bakery specializing in freshly-baked gourmet cupcakes.
- King Lear Dining Room is a three-level dining room serving a variety of tasty menu items.
Deck 11 Dining Options
- Chops Grille is a an elegant reservation-only restaurant for the perfect steak you’ve been craving.
- Giovanni’s Table is a casual Italian restaurant that offers indoor and al fresco seating and serves a variety of Italian dishes including toasted herb foccacia, pastas, braised meat dishes and stews. All dishes are served family-style.
- Windjammer Cafe is a wonderful buffet-style breakfast and lunch stop during the day and transforms into restaurant-style service with a different menu for dinner.
Deck 12 Dining Options
- Johnny Rockets takes you back in time for an old-school ‘50s diner experience as you enjoy a juicy burger with fries and tunes from the jukebox. Don't forget the old-fashioned malted milkshakes!
Deck 14 Dining Options
- Seven Hearts serves light meals and small snacks.
- Diamond Club is exclusively available for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Crown & Anchor® Society members to enjoy. Complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks are served.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
3-Day Bahamas Cruise on Majesty of the Seas
- December 2018 sailing
- Rates for military and first responders
- Port Canaveral, Nassau, Coco Cay
5-Day Caribbean Cruise on Freedom of the Seas
- Rates for military and first responders
- November 2017 sailing
- George Town, Costa Maya, Cozumel
9-Day Bahamas Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas
- January 2018 sailing
- Rates for military and first responders
- Charleston, Freeport City, Nassau
7-Day Caribbean Cruise on Harmony of the Seas
- December 2017 sailing
- Military and first responder rates
- Philipsburg, San Juan, Labadi/Labadee