Sun Princess, Princess Cruises
7-Day Australia/NZ Cruise - Sun Princess
Up to $200 onboard credit
Depart September 2017
Set sail on the Sun Princess for exotic ports with sweeping ocean vistas from your ocean view or balcony stateroom. The Sun Princess is well prepared to pamper you with spa services and culinary delights. Hit a few balls at the virtual golf simulator, try to double your money in the Grand Casino, or catch a first-run movie at the outdoor theater under the stars. The Sun Princess will help you "escape completely."
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
The Sun Princess is the flagship Sun Class cruise ship from Princess Cruises, later joined by sister ships Sea Princess and Dawn Princess. Built in 1995 and completely refurbished April of 2010, this ship offers exciting cruises to Australia, New Caledonia and Vanuatu.
Did you know that two years in a row Princess Cruises won the Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards (Australia) Best Premium Cruise Line? Find great travel deals, coupons and discounted rates with Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your vacation aboard the Sun Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Sun Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2011 - Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards - Best Mid-Sized Ship for Dining
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
The Sun Princess cruise ship has 1,011 cabins and suites with space for up to 1,998 passengers served by a staff of 924 crew members. Room service is available 24-hours a day in all staterooms on board the Sun Princess. All rooms include free samples of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion
Inside Cabins are 135 to 148 sq. ft., have come with two twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, closet, personal safe, phone and a writing desk. Rooms with bunk beds have enough space for up to three guests.
Ocean View Cabins (Obstructed View) are 135-155 sq. ft., have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, television, desk, hair dryer, refrigerator, safe, closet and phone. These rooms have a picture window with views partially obstructed by the lifeboats or other ship structures and cabins with a Pullman bed accommodate up to four guests.
Ocean View Cabins are 147-155 sq. ft. and have a large picture window offering terrific ocean views, twin beds that convert to queen-size, TV, hair dryer, refrigerator, safe, closet, phone and desk. Bathroom amenities include a tub with shower and complimentary shampoo and conditioner. Some rooms come equipped with Pullman beds to sleep three to four passengers.
Premium Ocean View Cabins are 173 sq. ft., have a large picture window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, 100% Egyptian cotton linens, television, hair dryer, refrigerator, safe, closet, phone and desk. These rooms, which include evening bed turn-down and chocolates on your pillow, are the perfect option for a romantic getaway for two.
Balcony Cabins are 179 sq. ft., have a private furnished balcony, twin beds that convert to queen-size, television, hair dryer, safe, closet phone, desk and refrigerator. Some rooms have pull-down bunk beds to sleep up to three or four passengers.
Mini-Suites with Balcony range from 370 sq. ft., include a welcome glass of champagne, a luxurious queen-size bed, two flat screen TVs, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and a seating area with a sofa bed and can sleep up to three guests.
Premium Suites with Balcony are 413 to 536 sq. ft. and has a large, rear-facing balcony with fantastic views of the ocean. The rooms have a queen-size bed, hair dryer, two flat screen TVs, writing desk, phone and a bathroom with a combination tub and shower. Guests in suites get pampered with extra amenities including a welcome glass of champagne, 100% Egyptian cotton high thread count bed linens and evening turn-down service with chocolates on your pillow. These rooms sleep up to three passengers.
Suites on the Sea Princess are 538 to 695 sq. ft., have a large private balcony, queen-size bed, hair dryer, two flat screen TVs, writing desk and phone. Guests staying in these room get pampered with extra amenities including a mini-bar, combination CD/DVD player, walk-in-closet, pillow top mattress and 100% Egyptian cotton linens. These rooms have room for up to three passengers.
Entertainment & Activities
There are many fun things to do onboard a cruise ship from Princess Cruises. Enjoy the peacefulness at the adults-only Sanctuary® area, take in a show at the Vista Show Lounge or enjoy a refreshing cocktail at one of many bars and lounges including the Crooners Martini Bar.
If you’re traveling with family, then how about taking them out to see the latest feature film at Movies Under the Stars®. There are a variety of fun-filled activities for children to take part in at the Kid’s Center and Teen’s Center, perfect for children three to 17.
Find the best Princess Cruises offers, specials and promotions featured daily from Dunhill Travel Deals.
There are many great dining options onboard the Sun Princess. Grab a slice of pizza at Verdi’s Pizzeria, a hotdog with all the fixings at Trident Grill, or indulge your sweet tooth at the Swirls ice cream bar.
Casual Dining Options
- Horizon Court Buffet
- Wine bar
- International Cafe
- Swirls ice cream bar
- Verdi's Pizzeria
- Trident Grill
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service
Formal Dining Options
- The two main dining rooms on this ship are the Regency Restaurant and Marquis Restaurant. Breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 9:30 am, while lunch is available on sea days, turnaround days and select port days. Both restaurants offer fixed dinner seating at 5:15 pm, 6 pm or 8:15 pm, or guests can opt for Anytime Dining to eat anytime between 5:30 pm and 10 pm.
- Order off the à la carte menu and enjoy sushi and seafood at the Kai Sushi restaurant.
- Sterling Steakhouse is open for dinner from 6 pm to 11 pm and charges $25 for adults and $12.50 for children. Enjoy the finest cuts of meat from Sterling Silver corn-fed beef including New York Strip, Rib-eye, Filet Mignon and Porterhouse.
- The Ultimate Balcony Dining option is a special meal option served by a dedicated wait staff. Breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, and dinner is served from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Dinner service includes a cocktail reception, fresh flowers and a four course meal featuring menu selections like surf and turf with steak and lobster tail. Order this unique dining experience onboard or as a pre purchased special service item.
Princess Cruise Deals
7-Day Alaska Cruise on Star Princess
- Up to $150 onboard credit
- June 2017 sailing
- 3 main dining rooms, 5 pools & spa
7-Day Mediterranean on Royal Princess
- Up to $150 free onboard credit,
- Sails August 2017
- Sail Greece, Turkey, Black Sea
10-Day Australia/NZ Cruise on Golden Princess
- Up to $150 credit, free gratuities
- October 2017 sailing
- Kids'' clubs keep them happy & active
19-Day Australia Cruise on Majestic Princess
- Up to $685 onboard credit
- March 2019 sailing
- Private karaoke rooms, gaming lounge