Cruises to Alaska on the Star Princess
7-Day Alaska Cruise on Star Princess
Up to $150 onboard credit
May 2017 sailing
With five sparkling resort-style pools, and the fun of watching movies under the stars, the Star Princess has activities and amenities to please every guest. The luxury Lotus Spa offers relaxing massage treatments, and afterward, you can grab a casual treat from Scoops ice cream bar or Prego Pizzeria. For nightlife, listen to music while sipping a crafted cocktail in a nightclub, or spend some time at the Casino.
Discover the Star Princess by Princess Cruises
- Things To Do On Board
- Itineraries & Rates
The Star Princess is one of nine Grand Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, along with flagship the Grand Princess and seven other ships. This ship first sailed in February, 2002 and was refurbished, with many new upgrades, in December of 2011.
The Star Princess offers discounted cruise ship vacations to destinations throughout Australia, Asia, New Caledonia and Vanuatu. Book a promotional trip on the 17 day Australia & Asia itinerary and travel from Hong Kong to Sydney, Australia stopping at exotic ports of call like China, Vietnam and Singapore. Find great travel deals, coupons and special rates with Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Star Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Star Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
Upcoming Cruise Itineraries on Star Princess
Detailed Cabin Options Onboard the Star Princess
All staterooms on the Star Princess come with standard amenities including daily housekeeping service, nightly turn-down service, 100% Egyptian cotton linens and free sample sizes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. The Star Princess cruise ship has 1,297 cabins and suites with space for up to 2,600 guests and a staff of 1,100 crew members. Most cabins sleep two guests, while rooms with either bunk beds or a sofa bed have room for up to four passengers.
Family Suites are 468-1,314 sq. ft., with a 114 to 450 sq. ft. balcony, include two staterooms connected by a living area which spans the width of the entire suite and sleeps up to six guests. Both rooms in the family suite have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a walk-in-closet with safe, bathroom with tub and shower, desk, two 42” televisions, CD/DVD player, complimentary DVD library, mini-bar and a refrigerator.
Mini-Suites with Balcony are 323 sq. ft. and have a 61 sq. ft. furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, two televisions, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, walk-in-closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, combination tub and shower in the bathroom, a separate seating area with sofa bed and chocolates on your pillow.
Premium Balcony Cabins are 274 sq. ft. and have a 89 sq. ft. balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and chocolates on your pillow. Some balcony staterooms have a rear-facing balcony for terrific ocean views as you enjoy your cruise on the Sapphire Princess.
Balcony Cabins are 232-274 sq. ft., have a 47 sq. ft. furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and chocolates on your pillow.
Ocean View Cabins are 163-171 sq. ft. and have a picture window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Ocean View Cabins (Obstructed) are 168 sq. ft. and have a picture window with a view partly obstructed due to lifeboats or other ship structures. These staterooms come standard with two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Inside Cabins are 160-182 sq. ft., have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Entertainment & Activities Onboard the Star Princess
Shop for designer clothing and perfume at the duty-free boutique, book a sightseeing tour for the next port of call at the Shore Excursions Desk or work on personal improvement at the Lotus Spa® and Fitness Center.
Hang out with friends and have some fun at the Lawn Court, let your kids chill out at the splash pool or test their game skills at the video arcade. Shop for the best specials, offers and promotions on cruise ship vacations with Dunhill Travel Deals.
Dining Options on the Star Princess
There are many casual and fine dining options to choose from on the Star Princess. Visit the Horizon Court Buffet or one of the main dining rooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you’re looking for a quick snack; pizza, burgers, fries and ice cream are available from around 11:30 am to 10:30 pm.
Main Dining Rooms
The Star Princess has three main dining rooms on board, offering free breakfast, lunch and dinner to all passengers, with each restaurant offering a similar menu. Breakfast is open seating from 7:30 am to 9:30 am and lunch is open seating from 12 pm to 1:30 pm on sea days and embarkation. Dinner is available as either an early or late fixed seating or guests can choose the Anytime Dining option to eat anytime between 5:30 pm and 10 pm.
- Amalfi Restaurant - fixed seating.
- Portofino Restaurant - Anytime Dining.
- Capri Restaurant - Anytime Dining.
Casual Dining Options
The Star Princess has many great, casual dining options to choose from. There is no need to dress up or make reservations, just show up when you want and dine from the Horizon Court Buffet or enjoy a hot dog with French fries by the pool.
- Trident Grill, by the pool, offers burgers, hot dogs, fries and more from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Prego’s Pizzeria serves up hot pizza from lunch time to late in the evening.
- Horizon Court Buffet offers continental breakfast starting around 5 am, the full breakfast buffet is normally available 6 am to 11:30 am, lunch is typically served from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm and dinner is served from 5:30 to 11 pm.
- International Cafe open 24-hours for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Prego Pizzeria, located poolside, offers hot slices of pizza from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Vines Wine Bar is great place to sip on a glass of wine while enjoying a variety of seafood appetizers and tapas.
- Scoops ice cream bar, open from 11 am to 10 pm, serves up delicious bowls and waffle cones filled with cold and creamy ice cream.
- Afternoon Tea is offered from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at one of the main dining rooms.
- 24-hour room service
Specialty Dining Options
Specialty restaurants on the Star Princess are available for a premium dining fee, and space is limited, so reservations are highly recommended.
- Sabatini’s serves dinner from 6:30 pm to 11 pm and offers classic Italian food including appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. This specialty restaurant charges $25 for adults, and $12.50 for children. Try the grilled chicken skewers with soft sage polenta and asiago cheese in a marsala wine sauce.
- Crown Grill is a classic steakhouse restaurant serving up fish, chops, steaks, side dishes and desserts with a surcharge of $25 per person for adults, and $12.50 per person for children. Order the Mediterranean-style spiny lobster cake with tarragon foam, cured olives and a side of grilled asparagus.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining option is a special meal option served on your own private balcony by a dedicated wait staff. Breakfast service is from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, and dinner service is from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Breakfast service includes a half bottle of champagne, smoked salmon, quiche, fresh fruit, pastries and other delicious breakfast items.