Luxury Princess Cruises on the Sapphire Princess
Discover the Sapphire Princess by Princess Cruises
- Things To Do On Board
The Sapphire Princess is one of nine Grand Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, along with flagship the Grand Princess and seven other ships. This ship first sailed in May, 2004 and got refurbished, with many new upgrades, in February of 2012.
The Sapphire Princess offers discounted cruise ship vacations to destinations throughout Asia including Thailand, China, Vietnam and Korea. Book a promotional trip on the Strait of Malacca itinerary and travel round trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. Find great travel deals, coupons and rates from Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Sapphire Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Sapphire Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Large Ships
Detailed Cabin Options Onboard the Sapphire Princess
The Sapphire Princess cruise ship has 1,337 cabins and suites with space for up to 2,670 guests and a staff of 1,100 crew members. Most cabins sleep two guests, while rooms with either bunk beds or a sofa bed have room for up to four passengers. All staterooms on this cruise ship come with standard amenities including daily housekeeping service, nightly turn-down service, 100% Egyptian cotton linens and free sample sizes of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.
Family Suites are 525-1,329 sq. ft., with a 161 to 452 sq. ft. balcony, include two staterooms connected by a living area which spans the width of the entire suite and sleeps up to six guests. Both rooms in the family suite have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a walk-in-closet with safe, bathroom with tub and shower, desk, two 42” televisions, CD/DVD player, complimentary DVD library, mini-bar and a refrigerator.
Mini-Suites with Balcony are 354 sq. ft. and have a 80 sq. ft. furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, two televisions, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, walk-in-closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, combination tub and shower in the bathroom, a separate seating area with sofa bed and chocolates on your pillow.
Premium Balcony Cabins are 237-277 sq. ft. and have a 88 sq. ft.balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and chocolates on your pillow. Some balcony staterooms have a rear-facing balcony for terrific ocean views as you enjoy your cruise on the Sapphire Princess.
Balcony Cabins are 237 sq. ft., have a 46 sq. ft. furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone, desk and more.
Premium Ocean View Cabins are 200 sq. ft. and have a forward facing cabin for spectacular views from the picture window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Ocean View Cabins are 183-194 sq. ft. and have a picture window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Ocean View Cabins (Obstructed) are 183 to 194 sq. ft. and have a picture window with a view partly obstructed due to lifeboats or other ship structures. These staterooms come standard with two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Inside Cabins are 168-182 sq. ft., have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a private bathroom with shower, television, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk.
Entertainment & Activities Onboard the Sapphire Princess
Enjoy shopping for designer clothing and gifts at the duty-free boutiques, book a sightseeing tour for the next port of call at the Shore Excursions Desk or ask about the latest spa treatments at the Lotus Spa® and Fitness Center.
Hang out with friends and practice your golf skills at the Lawn Court, let your kids burn off some energy at the Chill Out splash pool or test their game skills at the video arcade. Shop for the best specials, offers and promotions on cruise ship vacations on Dunhill Travel Deals.
Dining Options on the Sapphire Princess
There are many fine dining options for passengers to choose from on the Sapphire Princess. Enjoy a traditional Italian meal at Sabitini’s, dine on New Zealand lamb chops with garlic & herb french fries and creamed spinach at the Crown Grill, or order your favorite flavor of ice cream at Sundae’s ice cream bar.
Main Dining Rooms
The Sapphire Princess has five main dining rooms on board, offering complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner to all onboard passengers, with each restaurant offering a similar menu. Breakfast is open seating from 7:30 am to 9:30 am and lunch is open seating from 12 pm to 1:30 pm on sea days and embarkation. Dinner is available as either an early or late fixed seating or guests can choose the Anytime Dining option to eat anytime between 5:30 pm and 10 pm.
- Santa Fé Dining Room - Anytime Dining.
- Savoy Dining Room - Anytime Dining.
- Vivaldi Dining Room - Anytime Dining.
- Pacific Moon Dining Room - Anytime Dining.
- International Dining Room - fixed seating.
Casual Dining Options
The Sapphire Princess has many great, casual dining options to choose from. There's no need to dress up or make reservations, just show up when you want and dine in the Horizon Court Buffet, enjoy a hot dog with French fries by the pool or grab a hot slice of pizza from Prego Pizzeria.
- Cafe Caribe buffet is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and serves up a Caribbean and International menu that changes daily.
- Trident Grill, by the Calypso Pool, offers burgers, hot dogs, fries and more from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Horizon Court Buffet offers continental breakfast starting around 5 am, the full breakfast buffet is normally available 6 am to 11:30 am, lunch is typically served from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm and dinner is served from 5:30 pm to 11 pm.
- International Cafe is open 24-hours for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
- Prego’s Pizzeria, located poolside, offers hot slices of pizza from 11 am to 10 pm.
- Vines Wine Bar is great place to sip on a glass of wine while enjoying a variety of seafood appetizers and tapas.
- Sundaes ice cream bar, open from 11 am to 10 pm, serves up delicious bowls and waffle cones filled with cold and creamy ice cream.
- Afternoon Tea is offered from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at one of the main dining rooms.
- 24-hour room service
Specialty Dining Options
These restaurants and dining options incur a fee, and space is limited, so reservations are highly recommended.
- Sabatini’s, open for dinner from 6:30 pm to 11 pm, serves classic Italian food including appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. This specialty restaurant charges $25 for adults, and $12.50 for children. Try the chef’s nightly pasta special made from the finest and freshest ingredients.
- Crown Grill is a classic steakhouse restaurant serving up fish, chops, steaks, side dishes and desserts with a surcharge of $25 per person for adults, and $12.50 per person for children.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining option is a special meal option served on your own private balcony by a dedicated wait staff. Breakfast service is from 7 am to 11 am for $32 per couple, and dinner service is from 6 pm to 10 pm for $100 per couple. Breakfast includes a half bottle of champagne, smoked salmon, quiche, fresh fruit, pastries and other delicious breakfast items.