World Cruises on the Ocean Princess
Discover the Ocean Princess by Princess Cruises
- Things To Do On Board
Editor's note: Ocean Princess was sold to Oceania Cruises and now sails under the name Sirena.
Along with sister ship, the Pacific Princess, the Ocean Princess is one of two R Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises. These smaller ships, with a more intimate cruise experience and longer duration cruises, generally attract a mature clientele. Retirees and empty nesters will enjoy longer cruises traveling to destinations throughout Europe and the Mediterranean including Italy, Greece, Turkey, Romania and the United Kingdom.
Built in 1999, this ship was refurbished and upgraded in October, 2012. In 2013 Princess Cruises won a Cruise Critic Editor’s Choice Award for the Best Cruise for Couples.
Find great travel deals, coupons and rates from Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Ocean Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Ocean Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Medium Ships
Detailed Cabin Options Onboard the Ocean Princess
There are a total of 338 cabins on board the Ocean Princess with enough space for up to 680 guests served by a staff of 375. Standard room amenities include a TV, refrigerator, A/C, personal safe and 24-hour room service.
- Inside Staterooms are 158 sq. ft., have two twin beds which convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower plus a sitting area with a sofa and desk. There are 26 inside staterooms on the ship, and rooms with extra bedding have space for up to four guests.
- Ocean View Staterooms range in size from 146 to 206 sq. ft., have either a picture window or porthole window, two twin beds which convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower and a sitting area with a sofa and desk. There are 80 ocean view staterooms on this ship, each of which sleeps two guests.
- There are 170 Balcony Staterooms on this cruise ship with 216 sq. ft. of space and enough room for two to three guests. Balcony staterooms have floor-to-ceiling windows leading to the furnished balcony, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower and a sitting area with a sofa and desk.
- There are 52 Mini Suites with private balconies on the Ocean Princess, each with 322 sq. ft. of space. These rooms have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, one bathroom with tub and shower, spacious closet and a living room with sofa, armchairs and a desk. Mini Suites with extra bedding accommodate three to four guests.
- There are 10 Suites with private balconies on this ship, each offering a luxurious 874 sq. ft. of space. These suites have a queen-size bed, a spacious closet, a vanity area, bathroom with whirlpool tub, a second guest bathroom, two TV’s, a DVD/CD player and a comfortable living room with a sofa bed, armchairs and dining table.
Entertainment & Activities Onboard the Ocean Princess
Enjoy a day of rest and relaxation at the Lotus Spa® and Fitness Center. Run a few laps around the jogging track, play a game of shuffleboard or practice your putting skills in the golf cage.
Take part in a variety of evening entertainment options such as watching a show at the Cabaret Lounge, listening to tunes at the Piano Bar or indulging in a refreshing cocktail at either the Club Bar or Tahitian Lounge.
Find the best Princess Cruises discounts, specials and promotions featured daily from Dunhill Travel Deals.
Dining Options on the Ocean Princess
A variety of casual and fine dining options are available for guests on the Ocean Princess, from the Panorama Buffet to the Ultimate Balcony Dining experience.
Casual Dining Options
- The Club Restaurant is the main formal dining room on the Ocean Princess. This dining option is free to all guests. Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and lunch is available on sea days, turnaround days and select port days. The Club Restaurant offers fixed dinner seating at 5:15, 6 or 8:15, or guests can opt for Anytime Dining between 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Panorama Buffet and Pizzeria is the ship’s main casual dining area open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Head on over to the Deck BBQ for burgers and hot dogs.
Specialty Dining Options
- Sabitini’s Italian Restaurant, open for dinner, serves classic Italian cuisine with a charge of $25 for adults and $12.50 for children. Complimentary breakfast is available at this restaurant for all guests staying in one of the suites.
- Sterling Steakhouse is open for dinner from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. and charges $25 for adults and $12.50 for children.
- The Ultimate Balcony Dining option is a special meal option served by dedicated wait staff. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for $32 per couple, and dinner is served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for $100 per couple. Dinner service includes a cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a four-course meal. Order this unique dining experience on board or as a pre-purchased special service item.