Norwegian Sun by Norwegian Cruise Line
7-Day Alaska Cruise on Norwegian Sun
Up to $200 cash back offer
July 2017 sailing
Norwegian Sun is a medium sized ship loaded with entertainment and amenities. Completely refurbished and upgraded with the latest Norwegian Cruise Line innovations, it will surely have something for the whole family. Book ahead and take advantage of the great available promotions, from onboard credits and reduced deposits to special resident rates.
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
Looking for a memorable cruise experience? From 16 diverse restaurant options to some of the best entertainment at sea, the Norwegian Sun has everything you need to make your vacation unforgettable. The Sun, built in 2001 and completely refurbished in 2011, is a Sun Class cruise ship along with sister ship Norwegian Sky.
With room for 1,936 guests and a crew of 953, plan your cruise in an Owner's Suite with private balcony, or book a more economical stateroom if you're planning on spending most of your time taking advantage of the many activities on board. Find the best Norwegian Cruise Line deals, discounts and promotions from Dunhill Travel Deals and save on your cruise to Alaska.
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
Norwegian Cruise Line Suites offer luxurious accommodations for four guests in 443 to 828 square feet (sf) of living space. Suites feature private balconies, living area, dining area and either a queen-size bed or two beds that convert to queen size. Guests in the Norwegian Sun Suites also have access to butler and concierge service.
Mini Suites are the perfect place to enjoy your family vacation on the Norwegian Sun. These suites range from 332 to 387 sf with room for up to four guests. Mini suites feature sitting areas, private balconies and luxury bathrooms with showers. Each suite has two lower beds you can convert to a queen-size bed.
Balcony Staterooms have room for three to five guests and range in size from 198 to 235 square feet. These cabins have two beds that can be set up as a queen-size bed, and some also have a pull out sofa. Balcony staterooms feature an inside sitting area and floor-to-ceiling glass doors leading to your private balcony.
Enjoy the view of the ocean looking out the porthole or picture window of your Oceanview Stateroom. These cabins accommodate three to five guests and range in size from 145 to 170 sf. Oceanview staterooms have two beds that convert to queen size and many rooms have a convertible sofa for additional guest space.
Inside Staterooms have two lower beds that convert to a queen size bed and many rooms also have either pull down beds or a convertible sofa bed to accommodate up to five guests. Inside staterooms range in size from 145 to 191 square feet and feature a comfortable sitting area.
Entertainment & Activities
When the sun goes down, hit Dazzles Nightclub to dance until the wee hours of the morning, or play the Blackjack tables at Sun Casino Bar, or choose from nine other bars and lounges. Children can enjoy tailored entertainment through the complimentary youth programs for kids ages 3 to 17, as well at Kid's Korner, Teen Club and more. Stroll through the Art Gallery with a collection of original paintings available for purchase, or pick up a new bathing suit at the Galleria Shops.
Relax with one of many treatment options or get in a good workout at the Mandara Spa & Fitness Center. Enjoy an evening of laughter in the Stardust Theater, with a variety of comedy shows, reminisce with the '60s-inspired "Shout! The Mod Musical," let loose at the White Hot Party, or choose from several other entertainment options. You're guaranteed to have a vacation to remember aboard the Norwegian Sun on your Norwegian Cruise Line discount cruise.
Enjoy the finest steak and seafood dishes at Cagney's Steakhouse, dine with sweeping ocean views through the floor-to-ceiling windows at La Cucina Restaurant, or grab a late bite at 24/7 Pizza; no matter your craving, you're guaranteed to find your favorite food and best Norwegian Cruise Line specials aboard the Norwegian Sun.
Deck 5 Dining Options
- Atrium Cafe & Bar is a coffee bar serving coffee, tea, pastry and cookies.
- Four Seasons is one of two main dining rooms on the Norwegian Sun serving a variety of traditional cuisine including the daily chef's special. Food is always complimentary at the Four Seasons.
- La Cucina (formerly Il Adagio) is an Italian restaurant serving a choice of pastas, salads, desserts and more. The fixed menu pricing is $15 per person.
- Seven Seas is the ship's second main dining room offering complimentary food to all cruise ship guests. The restaurant offers delicious contemporary food selections and the chefs belong to the prestigious gourmet society, Chaine de Rotisseurs.
Deck 7 Dining Options
- Champagne Bar serves decadent canapes, like caviar and foie gras, along with glasses filled with bubbly champagne or vodka.
Deck 11 Dining Options
- Grand Cafe is one of two onboard buffets, serving free breakfast, lunch and dinner to all passengers. Delicious choices include made-to-order omelets, pasta, soup, salads and a carving station serving up roast beef and turkey.
- Great Outdoor Cafe is another one of the Sun's buffet areas offering classic buffet fare plus hamburgers, hot dogs and pizza. This complimentary dining option is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Moderno is a Brazilian steakhouse serving up skewers of slow-roasted meat with a $20 charge per person. Moderno meals also include an all-you-can eat soup, salad and tapas bar.
- Sports Bar serves up free snacks along with your drinks and selections from the juice bar.
- Topsiders Bar & Grill is right by the pool area, allowing guests to grab a snack or refreshing beverage while enjoying the great outdoors.
Deck 12 Dining Options
- Cagney's steakhouse (formerly East Meets West) offers delicious steaks, chops, chicken and seafood for $30 per person.
- Ginza Sushi is three restaurants in one, a sushi bar, a teppanyaki grill section and a sit down sushi and sashimi section. Ginza offers a la carte pricing on all menu items including miso soup, edamame and the Red Hokkaido Roll with spicy scallops and marinated tuna.
- Las Ramblas is a tapas bar and restaurant serving a variety of hot and cold appetizers. This dining option is included free with your cruise ship fare.
- Le Bistro is a French restaurant with a fixed menu price of $20 per person. Start your meal with an appetizer of grilled asparagus served with shiitake mushrooms and orange Hollandaise, follow it with a cup of the French onion soup, then savor your entree of Coq Au Vin burgundy chicken with mushrooms, pearl onions and bacon.
- Teppanyaki is the ship's Japanese hibachi grill where guests sit around the table, in front of the grill, and watch the chef prepare their meal right in front of them. Teppanyaki offers a fixed menu pricing of $25 per person.
Norwegian Cruise Line Deals
7-Day Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Epic
- $50 per person reduced deposits
- August 2017 departure
- Cirque Dream and Dinner show
9-Day Baltic/Russia on Norwegian Getaway
- Up to 4 free amenities, $25 credit
- Sailing September 2017
- Ride the fastest waterslides at sea
7-Day Hawaii Cruise on Pride of America
- Ends soon: dining, gratuities & credit
- July 2017 departure
- Honolulu to Maui, Hilo & Kauai
7-Day Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Breakaway
- Get up to $25 free onboard credit
- September 2017 sailing
- One of the largest casinos at sea