Island Princess, Princess Cruises
7-Day Alaska Cruise on Island Princess
Up to $100 onboard credit
Sailing June 2017
The Island Princess, built to traverse the Panama Canal, is a sleek and elegant cruise ship with luxurious cabins and delicious food. Most of the cabins have ocean views so passengers can enjoy the vistas of the Mediterranean, Alaskan, or Caribbean seas. For relaxation, we recommend sun-worshipping at the adults-only pool or a professional massage at the Lotus Spa. Nightlife is lively in the many lounges, or you can take in a movie by the pool.
- Entertainment & Activities
- Itineraries & Rates
The Island Princess is one of two Coral Class cruise ships from Princess Cruises, joining sister ship the Coral Princess. This ship, completed in 2003 and refurbished in October of 2010, is one of two cruise ships from Princess Cruises custom-built to sail through the Panama Canal.
The Island Princess offers cruises to exciting Mediterranean and European destinations such as Portugal, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece and France. Book a discount cruise to see the Panama Canal, or enjoy a special vacation along the Pacific Coast on your promotional cruise from Princess Cruises.
Find great travel deals, coupons and rates from Dunhill Travel Deals and save more on your cruise ship vacation aboard the Island Princess from Princess Cruises.
Awards for Island Princess by Princess Cruises
- 2013 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Medium Ships
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Poll - Best Cruise Ships in the World - Top 20 Medium Ships
- 2011 - Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards - Best Overall Mid-Sized Ship
Itineraries, Sailing Dates & Pricing
The Island Princess cruise ship has 987 cabins and suites with space for up to 1,974 guests and a staff of 900 crew members. Room service is available 24 hours a day in all staterooms on board the Island Princess.
Inside Cabins are 156 to 166 sq. ft., come with two twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, a closet, private bathroom with shower, and a sitting area with a desk. These rooms also have a TV, thermostat controlled air-conditioning, refrigerator and personal safe.
Ocean View Cabins (Obstructed) are 162 sq. ft., have two twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, closet space, a private bathroom with shower, a sitting desk area, television, air-conditioning, refrigerator and security safe. Some staterooms have extra bedding to sleep a third or fourth guest. These rooms also have a picture window with views obstructed by life boats or other ship structures.
Ocean View Cabins are 162 to 212 sq. ft., have a picture window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower, a television, a sitting desk area, a refrigerator and a security safe.
Premium Ocean View Cabins are 212 sq. ft., have a large window, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a bathroom with shower, a closet, a sitting desk area, air-conditioning, refrigerator, television, a security safe, 100% Egyptian cotton linens and free sample-sizes of shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
Balcony Cabins (Obstructed) are 210 sq. ft., and their private balcony, furnished with patio furniture, has views obstructed by life boats or other ship structures. These staterooms have two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower, TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include evening bed turn-down and delicious chocolates on your pillow.
Balcony Cabins are 210 to 234 sq. ft., have floor-to-ceiling glass doors leading to the private balcony with patio furniture, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, a closet, bathroom with shower, TV, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include evening bed turn-down and some chocolates on your pillow.
Mini-Suites with Window are 280 to 302 sq. ft. and feature a picture window instead of a balcony. These rooms have a separate seating area with a sofa bed, bathroom with a combination tub and shower, twin beds that convert to a queen-size bed, two flat-screen televisions, refrigerator, hair dryer, safe, closet, phone and desk. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, Egyptian cotton linens, evening bed turn-down service with chocolates.
Mini-Suites with Balcony are 280 to 302 sq. ft., have a furnished private balcony, bathroom with combination shower and tub, seating area with sofa bed, two twin beds that convert to queen-size, two televisions, refrigerator, hair dryer, personal safe, desk and phone. Premium amenities include a welcome glass of champagne, Egyptian cotton linens, evening bed turn-down service with chocolates.
Suites with Balcony are 470 sq. ft., have floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors leading to the balcony, two twin beds that can be converted to a queen-size bed, a walk-in closet, bathroom with separate tub and shower, two televisions, a DVD/CD player, refrigerator, mini-bar, safe plus a spacious living room with a sofa bed and chairs. Premium amenities include fresh flowers, deluxe canapes, free access to a DVD library, luxury balcony furniture, upgraded bathroom amenities and complimentary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite.
Entertainment & Activities
There are many fun things to do on board the Island Princess from Princess Cruises. Enjoy the peacefulness of the adults-only Sanctuary® area, relax by one of the ship’s three pools or five whirlpool spas, or visit the Lotus Spa® and book an invigorating massage or other spa treatment.
Evening entertainment options are almost limitless on this cruise ship. Play a game of chance at the casino, take in a show at the Princess Theater or Universe Lounge, dance the night away at Explorers Lounge or enjoy a refreshing cocktail at the Churchill Lounge or the Wheelhouse Bar. Find the best Princess Cruises offers, specials and promotions featured daily from Dunhill Travel Deals.
There are many great dining options to enjoy on the Island Princess. Enjoy a casual meal at the Horizon Court buffet, grab a made-to-order pizza at the pizzeria, or order a banana split with all the toppings at Sundaes ice cream bar.
Casual Dining Options
- Horizon Court buffet
- Sundaes ice cream bar
- Princess Pizzeria
- The Bar & Grill
- Afternoon tea
- 24-hour room service
Formal Dining Options
- The ship’s main dining rooms, Provence Restaurant and Bordeaux Restaurant, serve free breakfast, lunch and dinner to all cruise ship passengers. Both restaurants offer fixed dinner seating at 6 or 8:15, or guests can opt for Anytime Dining to eat anytime between 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Sabatini’s Italian restaurant is open for dinner and serves up classic Italian creations like rosemary flatbread with prosciutto, marinated shrimp with shaved fennel, white beans & truffle oil and artichoke soufflé with cheese sauce. There is a charge of $25 for adults selecting this dining option and $12.50 for children. Complimentary breakfast is available at this specialty restaurant for all guests staying in one of the suites.
- Enjoy New Orleans cuisine and live jazz music at the Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse. Feast on traditional Cajun and Creole inspired food like grilled sausage with scallions and cheese grits, chicken and chorizo jambalaya or smothered BBQ gator ribs. This specialty dining option charges $25 for adults and $12.50 for children.
- The Ultimate Balcony Dining option is available on all cruise ships from Princess Cruises. Enjoy an intimate breakfast or dinner for two, served by a dedicated wait staff. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for $32 per couple, while dinner is served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for $100 per couple.
Princess Cruise Deals
10-Day Alaska Cruise on Grand Princess
- Up to $235 onboard credit
- Sails August 2017
- 24 hour food options onboard
10-Day SE Asia Cruise on Sapphire Princess
- Up to $150 credit, free spa treatment
- December 2017 sailing
- Indoor/outdoor pool w/retractable dome
12-Day Europe Coastal on Caribbean Princess
- Up to $200 in onboard credit
- September 2017 sailing
- 1st class cuisine, entertaining shows
7-Day Australia/NZ Cruise - Sun Princess
- Up to $200 onboard credit
- Depart September 2017
- 3 main dining rooms & specialty dining